Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Jobs & Careers

Notices

E.R. Techs

Old 11-28-2012, 11:24 PM   #1
shit happens then you die
jobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Josh
jobrien's Tacoma Gallery
E.R. Techs

I would like to put my emt skills toward something that pays me more. Any techs out there that can give me some advice on getting a job like this. What are he hospitals really looking for? Thanks in advance
Old 11-29-2012, 10:46 AM   #2
shit happens then you die
jobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Josh
jobrien's Tacoma Gallery
No one?
Old 11-29-2012, 10:52 AM   #3
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
I know an EMT that just got a job in the hospital setting. I'll see if I can get any info for you.
Old 12-09-2012, 05:18 PM   #4
DitchDr is on a distinguished road

DitchDr's Tacoma Gallery
Good luck on getting a job in the ER with no hospital time under your belt. I have been a paramedic for 13 years was a EMT for 2 years prior, I am also a RN. I can promise you that the ER is much different then the street. Not only in how it operates but also in how back you are back stabbed. In the street you count on your partner to have your back, in the ER you can count on your partner to stick a knife in it. If you are good then its even worse. Seems weak nurses both male and female will break you down to keep the higher ups from seeing just how bad they are.

In the street you work off of standing orders, as you do in the ER, but if you get a job on the floor, you operate off of Dr's orders. That means unless the Dr orders it, you pretty much dont do it.

I work 36 hours a week as a RN in the trauma center. I have been blessed with having some awesome co workers, it is very rare, I do trust them, but its the not the same trust I have for my guys I work with at the fire dept. I willingly put my life in their hands knowing they would give theirs to save mine.

So in summary lol, best of luck, but dont get your feelings hurt if you dont get the ER right away.