Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Jobs & Careers

Notices

Anyone a doctor?

Old 04-13-2013, 11:51 AM   #21
ratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ratrod's Tacoma Gallery
First and foremost you must learn to be a real a$$h0|€. Next learn to be impatient, evasive and talk only in medical jargon so patients don't understand, then leave the room abruptly! Next, learn to treat nursing staff cruely by debasing them in front of other staff. Lastly, learn the art of ordering unnessessary tests. This is critical if you want to drive the land rover mentioned earlier. Seriously, if that's what you want to do, go for it. Specialize in something like ER, cardiology, orthopedics, etc. Like others say health care is changing and it's more about paperwork than patient care. But don't be discourage still a great place to be. Volunteer in a hospital, ER or clinic to see what medicines like.
Old 04-13-2013, 11:55 AM   #22
woodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shed
woodygg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBCJ44 View Post
I'm currently a junior in high school. I play 3 sports and make straight A's. I'm looking to become a doctor, a physician. I know it's a lot of school, but I was wondering if anyone is a doctor. If so, is it unbelievably hard to become one? Just put all the negative things about becoming one and being one. Thanks for the info!!!
I have a friend who was dead set on becoming a doctor since he was a kid. Both his parents are doctors, etc. He was just about finished with his residency last I saw him - I've never seen anyone so burned out and jaded in my life. They work him 72 hour shifts in residency. It's tough beyond belief, but if it's what you love and desire, that shouldn't stop you.