Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Jobs & Careers

Notices

Any Security Officers on this site?

Old 01-31-2013, 10:24 PM   #1
Just a man and his truck
FLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant future

Navy: GSM
Name: JJ
FLtaco24's Tacoma Gallery
Any Security Officers on this site?

Like the title says, are there any security officers here like myself? I've been working security off and on since i was 19, but last year I got a job doing armed security. I didn't really know what to think about being armed, but so far I've only had to pull my gun out once, thank god nothing happened.

Just wanted to see if there were any other security officers out there. And yes it's security officer, not security guard. thanks
Old 01-31-2013, 10:37 PM   #2
Defend Hawaii
HIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: PJ
HIst8ofMIND's Tacoma Gallery
CLSO right here.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:41 PM   #3
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Nick
Forster46's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Forster46
Wanted to find a job doing this, not as a career. But most don't hire until 21 and I'm not quite there yet.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:05 PM   #4
Just a man and his truck
FLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant future

I know what you mean. If you get an unarmed job now, when you do turn 21, you can put down that you have experience working security, you gotta start somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forster46 View Post
Wanted to find a job doing this, not as a career. But most don't hire until 21 and I'm not quite there yet.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:06 PM   #5
Just a man and his truck

I've heard of CLSO, but I've never actually met anyone that was one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIst8ofMIND View Post
CLSO right here.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:10 PM   #6
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
not one. but was thinking about trying to get a job as one.

was thinking about some where in oak ridge TN lots of national labs and federal founded jobs. i here some of the janitors get paid $15+H but not sure.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:14 PM   #7
Just a man and his truck

I think security is a great job, especially if your a student and you work nights, you can do your HW and work at the same time, well at least I did.

Plus I think its a great thing to fall back on, with today's economy you can't just have one skill, you need to have skill/experience in multiple fields.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnRedNeck721 View Post

was thinking about some where in oak ridge TN lots of national labs and federal founded jobs. i here some of the janitors get paid $15+H but not sure.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:18 PM   #8
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLtaco24 View Post
I think security is a great job, especially if your a student and you work nights, you can do your HW and work at the same time, well at least I did.

Plus I think its a great thing to fall back on, with today's economy you can't just have one skill, you need to have skill/experience in multiple fields.
yeah. also i kinda like staying up late at night.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:18 PM   #9
Defend Hawaii
HIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Only LEO's get armed security jobs here. As for CLSO, the test for it was a piece of cake. It's funny that people joke about security "guards". But most don't even know. Private security work is where you can make bank.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:22 PM   #10
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
AWorthyOpponent's Tacoma Gallery
I'm an area supervisor for a security and personal protection company. We do everything from private persons to malls, to government facilities. Have a K-9 unit also....

It's not a bad career if you get with the right company and are willing to hold on. An unarmed Mall Director here can make $80k/year starting.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:24 PM   #11
Defend Hawaii

Quote:

That's what I did. Work security at night and school in the day. Now I got a degree in sustainable construction, finishing electronic-computers engineering technology this semester, and heading into applied business information technology. As of right now I make $20+/hr for full time and for special events I can average over $100+/hr.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:26 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIst8ofMIND View Post
Only LEO's get armed security jobs here. As for CLSO, the test for it was a piece of cake. It's funny that people joke about security "guards". But most don't even know. Private security work is where you can make bank.
whats CLSO? just wondering.

and no offense i hate the once at the mall. one saw me opening something with a knife and tried to tell me itís illegal for me to have a knife in the mall. Itís not illegal for me to have a knife in the mall, they donít even have a no gun sign and you can legally carry a gun if you wanted to.(at least at the one around here) I told him it was not illegal, he said there was a sign on the doors. i said lets go to the door and show me the sign. their was no sign.... told me itís still illegal, i told if it is than call the cops. he said he canít do that and walked off.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:30 PM   #13
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
I'm a CLSO my self, although I'm laid off at the moment from that job (plant security). Should be getting a call any time now.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:32 PM   #14
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Certified Licensed Security Officer.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:37 PM   #15
Just a man and his truck

Ha, me too. I'm actually at work now.

Quote:
yeah. also i kinda like staying up late at night.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:37 PM   #16
Defend Hawaii

Quote:
whats CLSO? just wondering.

and no offense i hate the once at the mall. one saw me opening something with a knife and tried to tell me itís illegal for me to have a knife in the mall. Itís not illegal for me to have a knife in the mall, they donít even have a no gun sign and you can legally carry a gun if you wanted to.(at least at the one around here) I told him it was not illegal, he said there was a sign on the doors. i said lets go to the door and show me the sign. their was no sign.... told me itís still illegal, i told if it is than call the cops. he said he canít do that and walked off.
It's a certification to get a job in security anywhere.

As for mall cops. I was one.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:39 PM   #17
Just a man and his truck

I see your from WPB. You must work for G4S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWorthyOpponent View Post
I'm an area supervisor for a security and personal protection company. We do everything from private persons to malls, to government facilities. Have a K-9 unit also....

It's not a bad career if you get with the right company and are willing to hold on. An unarmed Mall Director here can make $80k/year starting.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:40 PM   #18
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
AWorthyOpponent's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I see your from WPB. You must work for G4S.
Lol...not a chance...

I couldn't work for them. Some of the people they hire are absolute jokes...not to say that there aren't some good people and opportunities there...
Old 01-31-2013, 11:43 PM   #19
Just a man and his truck

Oh, I know which one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWorthyOpponent View Post
Lol...not a chance...
Old 01-31-2013, 11:44 PM   #20
Defend Hawaii

Quote:

BTW you gotta have the right mentality for it. Sure it looks easy but when actual emergency occurs you gotta know how to deal with it. I've dealt with 18 deaths in my career and just recently a suicide. Trying to comfort a 9 year old girl as to why her daddy is bleeding from the mouth is something that sticks on you.