Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Jobs & Careers

Notices

Interview Follow up

Old 02-15-2013, 10:39 AM   #1
sammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
Interview Follow up

A week ago I interviewed with a company and I wanted to get a take on if I should call to follow up or not. About 3 weeks ago, I interviewed with the company prez, a week later I got a call from who would be my boss and they flew me to HQ a week later in Seattle. I spent the day meeting tons of ppl, took me to lunch, about a 6 hr day with teh company. Well that was a week ago and havent heard anything. Im getting impatient and want to know whats going on. Im pretty sure they didnt do this for anyone else. They all said the prez was impressed by me and I felt everythign went pretty well. Just getting paronoid now.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:42 AM   #2
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
I'd say just be patient with them. This is a tough one because you don't want to seem desperate by calling but they may also want you to call. I know that doesn't help but I'd say just be patient
Old 02-15-2013, 10:45 AM   #3
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Give it 2 weeks then give them a call
Old 02-15-2013, 10:45 AM   #4
sammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Coma View Post
I'd say just be patient with them. This is a tough one because you don't want to seem desperate by calling but they may also want you to call. I know that doesn't help but I'd say just be patient
No I get what you mean. I've been F'd pretty bad by potential employers. This is a pretty sweet gig and hoping it works out. I have a hard time imagining that they would fly me out there and then never respond back....Then again worse thigns have happened.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:56 AM   #5
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy87 View Post
No I get what you mean. I've been F'd pretty bad by potential employers. This is a pretty sweet gig and hoping it works out. I have a hard time imagining that they would fly me out there and then never respond back....Then again worse thigns have happened.
Most people I know that have been flown out to a company to meet the president get the job. So good luck to you and hope you get it!
Old 02-15-2013, 11:02 AM   #6

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Coma View Post
Most people I know that have been flown out to a company to meet the president get the job. So good luck to you and hope you get it!
Thanks guys! Yeah I got a call on a late Wednesday afternoon asking if I could interview the next morning at 8am with the prez, that lasted 2 hrs. Then they flew me out to Seattle 2 weeks later, I think I addressed any of their concerns, I was just really hoping to hear somethign this week.
Old 02-15-2013, 02:12 PM   #7

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
UPDATE

So I just got a call from their top sales guy in Canada, he wanted me to give him a quick run down of my background. Cool guy, it went well. He told me the 2 guys I interviewed with wanted his opinion and they want to make an offer next week. Hopefully for me.
Old 02-15-2013, 02:16 PM   #8
Rupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Rupp1's Tacoma Gallery
HR departments are notoriously slow and bureaucratic. Good luck.
Old 02-15-2013, 02:38 PM   #9

Quote:
So I just got a call from their top sales guy in Canada, he wanted me to give him a quick run down of my background. Cool guy, it went well. He told me the 2 guys I interviewed with wanted his opinion and they want to make an offer next week. Hopefully for me.
Awesome hopefully you get it!
Old 02-15-2013, 02:43 PM   #10
usually lost
bigboxyota is on a distinguished road
bigboxyota's Tacoma Gallery
I almost always send a thank you note and give them a quick way to contact me directly with any questions or comments. This type of note would go to all the material players and be personalized. No form letters... HTH!
Old 02-15-2013, 02:53 PM   #11

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboxyota View Post
I almost always send a thank you note and give them a quick way to contact me directly with any questions or comments. This type of note would go to all the material players and be personalized. No form letters... HTH!
I send follow up emails. The guy I'd be under is never in teh office anyway. By the time a letter arrives who knows what has happend and who is there.
Old 02-15-2013, 03:11 PM   #12
usually lost
bigboxyota is on a distinguished road
bigboxyota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I send follow up emails.
Sure, depending on the situation, email is a close 2nd.

Sending both can set you apart from other candidates.
Old 02-15-2013, 03:22 PM   #13
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Call them up, and tell the to quit sitting on their fucking hands, or your burn their houses down.
Old 02-15-2013, 03:23 PM   #14
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Call them up, and tell the to quit sitting on their fucking hands, or your burn their houses down.
Make sure to record said conversation as well for our pleasure.
Old 02-15-2013, 03:25 PM   #15
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Oh...When talking to the Canadian guy, be sure to say "Fuck", "Eh", and "Smarties". He'll relish in yoru ability to cater to folks in another country.
Old 02-15-2013, 03:37 PM   #16
Brentmeister is on a distinguished road

Navy: Staff Officer USMCR/Contractor
Name: Brent
Brentmeister's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboxyota View Post
Sending both can set you apart from other candidates.
A hand written note, on nice/conservatice stationary, has a profound impact on people. Nobody does it any longer because of fast and dirty email.

Send him a note on some high cotton bond stationary from Crane's. It's classy and timeless.
Old 02-15-2013, 03:41 PM   #17
Penis Bird
SoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SoCalTacos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
This just made me question any advise I have heard from you.
I kid...but not really.
Old 02-15-2013, 04:09 PM   #18

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
HAHAHAHA thanks again for the replies. Either way I should know something by Wednesday. Also my handwriting is worse than most 1st graders. So I really dont ever like hand writing anything.
Old 02-15-2013, 04:46 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalTacos View Post
This just made me question any advise I have heard from you.
I kid...but not really.