1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

truck driver cdl

Discussion in 'Jobs & Careers' started by Greytacoma1, May 9, 2013.

1. May 9, 2013 at 11:43 AM
    Greytacoma1

Greytacoma1 [OP] Senior Member

Member:
    First Name:
    dave
    Sacramento ca
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma dc lb
    Satoshi grill, Plasti derp, Ready lift kit, Wheelers 2 inch aal, Hella 700, Wheather tech floor mats, Blueinstinct armrest cover, sockmonkey bed decal, BHLM, debadge, 35% tint front windows, OEM roof rack, OEM step bar, TRD skid plate, tacomaworld.com decal, stock antenna trimed, gorilla extended lug nuts,diff breather mod, cab mount chop, AVS window visor, spidertrax 1.25 wheel spacers, toytec sway bar relocate, extra d ring mod
    Just wandering how many of you are truck drivers. Just got my class A couple weeks ago. Went through a really good school called food link.

2. May 9, 2013 at 5:20 PM
    snoope

snoope Well-Known Member

Member:
    Winter Haven Florida
    Vehicle:
    2002 Tundra Limited 4x4
    ;) 30+ years and you NEW drivers now can put up with all the new BS....

If the rates and mileage pay would match the advancements in technology , ENGLISH would not be a 2nd language for drivers......OOPS, did I just say that out loud....:rolleyes:

Old Man back quiet....:cool:

3. May 10, 2013 at 12:28 AM
    2004TacomaSR5

2004TacomaSR5 Nemesis Prime

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Montana
    Vehicle:
    2004 Tacoma DCSB & 1980 Toyota Pickup 4WD
    Tacoma is stock and staying that way, Pickup is TBA as of now.
    I thought about truckin' for awhile, but after doing some heavy research, and talking to a few people that were in it; I backed out. Apparently, it isn't as glorious as it was "back in the day" I was told by most all drivers. But, I think you can still earn pretty well as a independent driver. If you really want to earn doing that, find a partner to drive with. I am pretty sure the law now is 11 hours behind the wheel time and something like 12 hours of rest after. So, if you had another guy/gal to switch out with, you could keep that rig moving. If the wheels ain't turning, you ain't earning...Good luck and I wish you the best! :cool:

4. May 10, 2013 at 10:03 PM
    NH03Tacoma

NH03Tacoma 1st Gen Tacoma Driver

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Berlin, NH
    Vehicle:
    03 Tacoma 4x4 SR5 Access Cab 3.4L Manual
    Toytec ULK W/TC UCA's. Wheels & tires coming soon!
    I've been driving for the past 10 years off and on. I agree with the others, its not as great as it once was. I've only been truck driving for a short time compared to others, but a lot has changed with the industry. It's always good to keep, there will always be work, but you won't get rich...lol

5. Jun 1, 2013 at 3:23 PM
    hayabusa3303

hayabusa3303 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    florence sc
    Vehicle:
    95.5 taco 4x4
    ARB bumper, warn 9.5 winch. carbon fiber hood. Leer top with thule racks and MOAB from thule. Electric fans, blue sea fuse block, Sony dvd Head unit, Xm tuner and HD tuner. New carpet and new racing seats. ( other half doesnt like them i think). Nwor springs and adjustable coil overs. Sky jacker rear shocks. Slot and drilled rotors. Engine Titanium ceramic coated headers, no cat, jba cat back. URD Rear Sensor Simulator. Leds all around and inside cab and HID H4 hi/lo beams.

Been driving for near 17 years... 1.9 million safe miles under me... There is ALOT of BULLSHIT in the field and i mean ALOT...

Can you make a good living just depends on who you get in with thats the key.

For me i work for a contractor for the Us government.. Good job EASY money and im home at night.. Minus i work 6 days a week tho it doesnt bother me, you will get use to working ALOT...

As for work you can drive 11 on duty not driving 3 more hours which makes 14 hours and then 10 hours OFF.. Depends on the company you can work 60 hours in 7 days or 70 hours in 8 days... most run 70...

The bonus is when you see people in a four wheeler making out and they dont know you can look down and see them playing...

6. Jun 5, 2013 at 9:52 PM
    blk2011trdsport

blk2011trdsport Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Lubbock, TX
    Vehicle:
    11 PreRunner 140"
    truck box, blacked out emblems, tow hook, stubby, valentine1 obd hard wired
    Work in the safety Department for Robert Heath Trucking out of Lubbock, TX. 175 trucks or so. Great company, great equipment.

We haul 53' reefers from Texas to CA and back. Meat and produce primarily.

Call me at 210.831.1068 if you're interested in a job.

7. Jul 16, 2013 at 10:54 PM
    503TRD

503TRD Trucker

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Tualatin, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    '10 4x4 DC TRD Sport
    Front Bilstein 5100's Set @ 2.5", Rear Bilstein 5100's, Rear TSB, Rear 1.5" ToyTec AAL, 1" CB Drop Kit, N-Fab Nerf Steps, WeatherTech All Weather Rubber Floor Mats, Grillcraft Grill(Upper/Lower), Blacked Out AC Condenser/Radiator, Tinted Front Windows, Vision X H4 SuperWhite Headlights, Halo H10 Solaris Yellow 45w 3000k Fog Lights, K&N Air Filter, Removed Front Mud Flaps, 18" MagnaFlow Muffler, Chrome Exhaust Tip, TRD Logo Leather Shift Knob, LED License Plate Lights, LED Interior Lights, LED Reverse Lights, LED Auxiliary Reverse Lights, Chrome TRD Badge on Tailgate, Redline Tuning Elite Hood Struts, Disabled Seatbelt Chime, Foglights Anytime, ScanGauge II, 13" Stubby Antenna, Flyzeye Design LED Light, Cobra 19 CB Radio/Firestik II Antenna, 18x9 Raceline Raptors, LT275/70/18 Hankook Dynapro ATm, 1.25" Sidertrax Wheel Spacers, Heated Front Seats, LED Tailgate Bar, 11" Double Row LED Bar Behind Grill
    I'm 19 been doin it since I was 18 straight out of high school...I love it..lots of new regulations/bullshit tho is true...

8. Jul 16, 2013 at 10:54 PM
    503TRD

503TRD Trucker

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Tualatin, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    '10 4x4 DC TRD Sport
    Front Bilstein 5100's Set @ 2.5", Rear Bilstein 5100's, Rear TSB, Rear 1.5" ToyTec AAL, 1" CB Drop Kit, N-Fab Nerf Steps, WeatherTech All Weather Rubber Floor Mats, Grillcraft Grill(Upper/Lower), Blacked Out AC Condenser/Radiator, Tinted Front Windows, Vision X H4 SuperWhite Headlights, Halo H10 Solaris Yellow 45w 3000k Fog Lights, K&N Air Filter, Removed Front Mud Flaps, 18" MagnaFlow Muffler, Chrome Exhaust Tip, TRD Logo Leather Shift Knob, LED License Plate Lights, LED Interior Lights, LED Reverse Lights, LED Auxiliary Reverse Lights, Chrome TRD Badge on Tailgate, Redline Tuning Elite Hood Struts, Disabled Seatbelt Chime, Foglights Anytime, ScanGauge II, 13" Stubby Antenna, Flyzeye Design LED Light, Cobra 19 CB Radio/Firestik II Antenna, 18x9 Raceline Raptors, LT275/70/18 Hankook Dynapro ATm, 1.25" Sidertrax Wheel Spacers, Heated Front Seats, LED Tailgate Bar, 11" Double Row LED Bar Behind Grill

CA CARB is fucked isn't it?

You think Jan 1 2014 those go into affect or not?

To Top