LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Jobs & Careers

Notices

possible plumbing apprenticeship, need some insight

Old 10-18-2013, 04:43 PM   #1
The "Dick"
Tonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 5711- CBRN
Name: Joey
Tonto27's Tacoma Gallery
possible plumbing apprenticeship, need some insight

I've been searching for a new job for a while now and just throwing resume's everywhere like they are going out of style and not having much luck so far. Through some family connections I got in contact with a plumber who is looking for an apprentice right now. I've been looking into trades off and on for a while but honestly plumbing never really crossed my mind, not because it's something i wouldn't do, just never really thought about it.

i would appreciate any insight, recommendations, or questions i should be asking.....

fire away.
Old 10-18-2013, 04:47 PM   #2
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Kevin
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
be ready to deal with alotta shit
Old 10-18-2013, 04:50 PM   #3
The "Dick"
Tonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Tonto27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireturk41 View Post
be ready to deal with alotta shit
Old 10-18-2013, 04:54 PM   #5
The "Dick"

Tonto27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomataco2 View Post
Theres actually a good living in plumbing
that's what i've heard so i figured why not, it's worth looking into
Old 10-18-2013, 05:02 PM   #6
CASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gabe
CASTRATE's Tacoma Gallery
I think we may be looking into getting a helper soon in our weld shop. Pay would probably be low to mid teens. We would teach you how to fit & weld, and eventually be a welder. Clean, climate controlled shop. Would have to relocate to Tulsa, OK area though. Military service is a big plus as well.
Old 10-18-2013, 05:34 PM   #7
The "Dick"

Tonto27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CASTRATE View Post
I think we may be looking into getting a helper soon in our weld shop. Pay would probably be low to mid teens. We would teach you how to fit & weld, and eventually be a welder. Clean, climate controlled shop. Would have to relocate to Tulsa, OK area though. Military service is a big plus as well.
i actually enjoy welding quite a bit but at the moment i'm trying to stay local so relocating is not in the cards right now.

i'd jump on the opportunity at the drop of a hat if your shop was closer. i appreciate the offer though
Old 10-18-2013, 05:55 PM   #8
CASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gabe
CASTRATE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonto27 View Post
i actually enjoy welding quite a bit but at the moment i'm trying to stay local so relocating is not in the cards right now.

i'd jump on the opportunity at the drop of a hat if your shop was closer. i appreciate the offer though
No problem. A friend of mine is an apprentice plumber, and hates it. He's just a couple months away from journeyman, so he's gonna stick with it. He doesn't make much $ yet, but journeymen make some serious coin. You'll be supprised at how little poop you actually have to deal with
Old 10-18-2013, 05:57 PM   #9
HossNFross Per "Oz"
Haslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brady
Haslefre's Tacoma Gallery
BGR is a plumber. As you see, he spends the majority of his time at the beach, but has plenty of money for trips and mods. I guess plumbers could make a decent amount.
Old 10-18-2013, 06:33 PM   #10
The "Dick"

Tonto27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CASTRATE View Post
No problem. A friend of mine is an apprentice plumber, and hates it. He's just a couple months away from journeyman, so he's gonna stick with it. He doesn't make much $ yet, but journeymen make some serious coin. You'll be supprised at how little poop you actually have to deal with
yeah, i'm assuming the apprentice part is not the greatest but that can probably be said about most apprenticeships. your the bottom of the barrel for a while so you get all the shit jobs no one else wants to do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haslefre View Post
BGR is a plumber. As you see, he spends the majority of his time at the beach, but has plenty of money for trips and mods. I guess plumbers could make a decent amount.
haha. thats the goal. though, i have no beach...... but i do have mountains.