1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Fuel service tech / construction - immediate opening

Discussion in 'Jobs & Careers' started by Spencer, Jan 9, 2014.

1. Jan 9, 2014 at 8:57 PM
    Spencer

Spencer [OP] Future President

Member:
    First Name:
    TIGGLEBITTIES
    Upland, Chino... all of 909.
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCSB 4X4 6cyl Sex Machine
    Redline hood lift, Flyzeye cabin lights, tailgate lock, SPOD Power block, VIAR onboard air, Cobra CB radio, Firestick 4' Antenna, Hot Blonde CoPilot Mod, SIX 9" Hella 4000 HID conversion with external 55W ballasts, Six 6" LED bars, Napier Bed Tent, Mudflaps delete using rocks, Roof rack by Brute force, Rock sliders by Brute force, Bed LED lights, Underhood LED automatic lights, Constant 12V bed plug, Rugged race radio, ICON uniball UCA's, KING 2.5 700 rate coilovers, Deaver rear leaf springs, KING 2.5 resi rear shocks (Flat 0.15 stack on compression shims), Scangauge, Empty wallet Mod Bug disease, AllPro Apex front bumper, On board heat exchange shower & water pump (Heater Core intercept mod), On Board Air - Viair for now, ARB when it dies-, allpro Skids back to gas tank- Tepui RTT on the shittiest "Bed Rack" ever made.... AllPro U Bolt flip kit with timbren bumps NEXT UP- expo leafs & bed rack, hydraulic bumps in rear, Total Chaos stock LCA's w/ Bypass, Rear 12" shock hoop relocate
    Edit:
    I need someone for both this, and for more construction / field work on these fuel systems. We've got two companies- the one described below does more of the compliance, paperwork, inspections and light repairs, while the other does more heavy construction, piping, concrete, electrical ETC. We're both a sort of Jack-of-all-trades pair of companies that do similar things and cover for the other company when one is too busy.
    Currently, BOTH are too busy to operate. I'm the project manager for both and I'll be out in the field all next week pushing a shovel because we don't have enough men.

Proud to say the business is doing very well- but it's going too well lately, we're swamped and we've had zero luck finding a new field tech!

The job:
    you'll be working for SunWest Engineering ( www.SunWestEngineering.com )
    as a Fuel Service Technician. We serve a niche market of environmental compliance, serving a wide variety of clients from gas stations, hospitals, infrastructure and too many more to name due to nondisclosure agreements- and we just picked up a couple new contracts lately. We serve regions from Southern Oregon to Sacramento, San Fransisco out to parker AZ and down to the border below San Diego.

Once trained and certified, you'll travel to out client's sites, performing monthly inspections, monitoring panel certifications, repairs and testing per compliance regulations.

You'll start off training on the job, learning the ropes and will be expected to pass the federal ICC test to become a certified fuel tech within 90 days. From there, you'll have countless other tests and certifications to pass between federal, state, local and manufacturers- the more you pass, the more work you'll get. I passed all of mine in about 6 months hitting the books hard.

The job serves any client who has hazardous materials stored- Underground fuel tanks for fuel dispensers, backup generators, aboveground tanks for chemicals etc. Basically, in California, if you wouldnt dip a child in it, it's considered hazardous material and must be stored, inspected and maintained in compliance with Title 23 of the EPA http://www.calepa.ca.gov/cupa/lawsregs/
    and a whole slew of various laws.

This job is a career that demands someone with a clean driving record, self motivated to study and pass complicated exams based on complex regulations, willingness to work overtime and travel (usually only a couple nights per month if at all), a strong mechanical ability and strong work ethic. Though it may get repetitive at times, one stupid paperwork mistake means thousands of dollars in violation fines to our client.

It's a hard field to break into due to the testing/ certification barrier to legally perform work on fuel tanks, BUT once in, you're set for life- this job market has security second to none- there is an absurdly small pool of labor in this field, (thus this posting) and the regulations we enforce are only getting more stringent and are *slowly * rolling across the nation from CA to nevada, AZ, Oregon and so on. Our work sticks with the fuel tanks- even if a company goes bankrupt, they still have to keep us around until they rip that tank out of the ground- (which we also do)

SO
    If you're looking for a career, contact me on my cell at 909 - two 70- 84 8 8. Or email me over at Spencer . Kissick @ sunwestengineering . com

PLEASE DO NOT MESSAGE ME HERE, I DO NOT CHECK THIS INBOX OFTEN.

Thanks,
    Spencer

Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
  2. Jan 10, 2014 at 11:47 PM
    Spencer

Member:
    First Name:
    TIGGLEBITTIES
    Vehicle:
    Redline hood lift, Flyzeye cabin lights, tailgate lock, SPOD Power block, VIAR onboard air, Cobra CB radio, Firestick 4' Antenna, Hot Blonde CoPilot Mod, SIX 9" Hella 4000 HID conversion with external 55W ballasts, Six 6" LED bars, Napier Bed Tent, Mudflaps delete using rocks, Roof rack by Brute force, Rock sliders by Brute force, Bed LED lights, Underhood LED automatic lights, Constant 12V bed plug, Rugged race radio, ICON uniball UCA's, KING 2.5 700 rate coilovers, Deaver rear leaf springs, KING 2.5 resi rear shocks (Flat 0.15 stack on compression shims), Scangauge, Empty wallet Mod Bug disease, AllPro Apex front bumper, On board heat exchange shower & water pump (Heater Core intercept mod), On Board Air - Viair for now, ARB when it dies-, allpro Skids back to gas tank- Tepui RTT on the shittiest "Bed Rack" ever made.... AllPro U Bolt flip kit with timbren bumps NEXT UP- expo leafs & bed rack, hydraulic bumps in rear, Total Chaos stock LCA's w/ Bypass, Rear 12" shock hoop relocate
    Bump.

3. Jan 14, 2014 at 9:06 AM
    Spencer

Member:
    First Name:
    TIGGLEBITTIES
    Vehicle:
    Still nothing. Bump?

4. Jan 14, 2014 at 9:18 AM
    drunktaco

drunktaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sage
    Southwest Va
    Icon ext travel C/O's, Total Chaos UCA's, King R/R shocks, All-Pro leaf pack, lights, RCI skid, Brute Force sliders, ect.
    East coast bump

5. Jan 23, 2014 at 3:12 PM
    Spencer

Member:
    First Name:
    TIGGLEBITTIES
    Vehicle:
    Bump.

6. Jan 23, 2014 at 5:25 PM
    TC yota

TC yota Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Escondido
    Ha
    Just out of curiousity what's the pay range on that type of job ? Pm me if you don't want to post it

7. Jan 23, 2014 at 10:55 PM
    Spencer

Member:
    First Name:
    TIGGLEBITTIES
    Vehicle:
    No it's fine here I keep gettin that question.

Realistically, you won't make over 100,000 a year as a fuel tech, though that's comfortable for most. We make a wide range below that and it all depends on your effort, abilities and tests you pass.
    I'm not the boss so pay is all up to negotiation. Boss said find a new hire, so here I am diggin for one. Good luck guys & keep the questions coming.

8. Jul 21, 2016 at 4:18 PM
    Spencer

Member:
    First Name:
    TIGGLEBITTIES
    Vehicle:
    BUMP - come on now I am trying to hand careers out. one of our best guys came from a short career at 7-11 with only a highschool diploma. Don't be shy. get over here and I'll put a wrench in your hand. Prove you give a damn and you're set for a career.

Preferably Navy Vets- I've had the best luck with you guys in this industry.

9. Jul 21, 2016 at 4:23 PM
    TPDTaco

TPDTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Huntington Beach,CA
    Vehicle:
    LT 2011 TRD Sport 4x4 DCLB MGM
    Fog light mod, avs wind deflectors, 4x4 illuminated switch, 30" light bar, TRD CAI, 285/70R17 terra grappler g2, blacked out toyota logo, more to come
    If I didn't have college and wasn't moving back and forth between CA and AZ or have my internship over the summer I def would have applied. Ya missed me by about 2 years lol. Sounds like a great opportunity guys! Bump!

10. Jul 26, 2016 at 4:25 PM
    Spencer

Member:
    First Name:
    TIGGLEBITTIES
    Vehicle:
    Bump. Still looking for a guy or two.

11. Jul 26, 2016 at 5:04 PM
    Spencer

Member:
    First Name:
    TIGGLEBITTIES
    Vehicle:
    20160726_170152_HDR.jpg here's the listing. Better description of what we currently need. Not using the app, so let me know if that photo is too blurry to read.

12. Jul 26, 2016 at 5:13 PM
    ruffridha9

ruffridha9 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jesse
    West Coast
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma base
    stock ish
    bump for good dude looking for some good people.

13. Jul 27, 2016 at 8:50 PM
    2ski4life7

2ski4life7 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Seattle WA
    Vehicle:
    17 DCLB 4x4 TRD Off Road Previously '12 DCLB 4x4 SR5
    Hey spencer tried messaging that number they said it was wrong person...
    Interested to know more

To Top