Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Jobs & Careers

Notices

any tower climbers out there?

Old 03-29-2014, 08:49 PM   #21
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Just watching that video, my feet and lower legs are numb.
Old 03-29-2014, 08:53 PM   #22
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
Just watching that video, my feet and lower legs are numb.
kinda makes me want to try it... all though i may try and use some safety stuff unlike them.

ok im out of here.
Old 03-29-2014, 08:54 PM   #23
mbray is on a distinguished road

Name: Matt
mbray's Tacoma Gallery

Over here!

Tallest here has been a big 1000'. Mainly cell towers but the odd radio/tv tower.

Winter months are terrible! -35*C Plus a windchill to -50. Fuck. I'm sick those days much like others
Old 03-30-2014, 06:32 AM   #24
TugBoatTrash is one of the sharper tools in the shedTugBoatTrash is one of the sharper tools in the shedTugBoatTrash is one of the sharper tools in the shedTugBoatTrash is one of the sharper tools in the shedTugBoatTrash is one of the sharper tools in the shedTugBoatTrash is one of the sharper tools in the shedTugBoatTrash is one of the sharper tools in the shedTugBoatTrash is one of the sharper tools in the shedTugBoatTrash is one of the sharper tools in the shedTugBoatTrash is one of the sharper tools in the shedTugBoatTrash is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
TugBoatTrash's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnRedNeck721 View Post
NO............. i... have never.... climbed a tower.....
Same here. And especially not that 450 footer in the town next to mine. That would be reckless and irresponsible.
Old 03-30-2014, 07:18 AM   #25
Its Wicked Flow BITCHES!!
KenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ヽ(`Д)ノ
KenpachiZaraki's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe D View Post
Man after seeing a guy fall about 15.5 feet onto concrete, I'm not sure once your over that it makes much difference how high you are when you fall.

He lived but, I'm not sure I'd want to live the way he lives now.
I fell off a pole once when I was young, about 10' in the air. I landed on my back. I used to climb shit all the time when I was young, now, only when work requires me lol.
Old 03-30-2014, 07:29 AM   #26
Famous Fabrication
DWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
So we tested an LTE only site yesterday that was failing all 3 sectors with RSSI. With antennas 20 Of parallel to ground, all 3 passed. Anybody experienced interference like that?
Old 03-31-2014, 03:26 PM   #27
mbray is on a distinguished road

Name: Matt
mbray's Tacoma Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWreck View Post
So we tested an LTE only site yesterday that was failing all 3 sectors with RSSI. With antennas 20 Of parallel to ground, all 3 passed. Anybody experienced interference like that?

How many antennas per sector? 700, 2100 or 2600 mhz?

Ours fail if the antenna spacing is within one meter of each other (two antennas / sector). Weird, ours fail sweep while on the ground, but on the tower they pass
Old 03-31-2014, 03:41 PM   #29
Joe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
Joe D's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenpachiZaraki View Post
I fell off a pole once when I was young, about 10' in the air. I landed on my back. I used to climb shit all the time when I was young, now, only when work requires me lol.
Oh yea, this guy stepped backward out an open, unguarded aircraft door and land kinda head and shoulders first on his back onto concrete. He really wasn't expected to make it...
Old 03-31-2014, 05:13 PM   #30
Famous Fabrication
DWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbray View Post
How many antennas per sector? 700, 2100 or 2600 mhz?

Ours fail if the antenna spacing is within one meter of each other (two antennas / sector). Weird, ours fail sweep while on the ground, but on the tower they pass
2 per sector, only 1 700 is hot per sector though.
Old 05-21-2014, 09:06 PM   #32
Stalker
TacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
TacoBrah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenpachiZaraki View Post
I usually have to do 10' + every day at work climbing the extension ladder since I have the pleasure of changing HVAC filters. I'm starting to get over it. There are some stores that I have to get on the 12' A frame ladder to change out a ballast. Sucks.
I used to do that, hated the extension ladders to a second story the worst. The 3 story fixed, enclosed ladders made me pucker a little bit too. I hate heights.
Old 06-03-2014, 09:03 PM   #33
jamesrenoallen is on a distinguished road

Name: James
jamesrenoallen's Tacoma Gallery
this afternoon on my service run i was cleaning the back end of a Wind Turbine and i had to get back under a hatch to clean all the grease and shit that got back there. what i didn't expect to be looking strait down 300 feet through what appeared to be a chicken wire grate right under where i thought i would be standing. it was a huge shock when i removed the cover, stuck my foot down and and felt the floor squish under my weight. damn near shat myself.
Old 06-03-2014, 09:17 PM   #34
Rupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Rupp1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerrilla View Post
Good place for this.
http://youtu.be/2A_h2AjJaMw

Do any of you guys climb stuff like this and that high?

Seen this vid a bunch of times. All I can say is, NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO, AND FUCK NO...

I still like watching it though.
Old 06-03-2014, 09:18 PM   #35
wth is a junior member?
Vigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
Vigo's Tacoma Gallery
Man, I used to hate working near communication towers. You could get your screwdriver out and write your name on the steel poles with the arc!

I don't know how you guys climb towers like those. Looks like a never ending jungle gym!

Most I've ever done is free climb 60' wooden poles. I transferred departments, so I don't really climb anymore. I work alone so there is no ground man. I only climb in emergency situations if alone. Now days there is 100% fall protection where the guys are supposed to wear harnesses and be belted in at all times, even when they use a buck squeeze harness. Times have changed.
Old 08-29-2014, 06:18 PM   #36
RustyBucket is on a distinguished road
RustyBucket's Tacoma Gallery
I'm an RF Engineer and I love field visits, but you wouldn't find me up any of the towers I work with!
I have a lot of respect for the techs and riggers.
Old 08-29-2014, 06:33 PM   #37
jeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: BM3 1st Div.
Name: Jeff
jeff b's Tacoma Gallery
?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalTacos View Post
I'd climb those tall ass towers...just give me a parachute for the way back down.
At that height why not wear a parachute? BALLS!
Old 08-30-2014, 07:42 AM   #38
Famous Fabrication

DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Recently in our market, it's been approved to ride the line. For those unfamiliar, riding the line line is transporting tower personnel by the rigging hoist line and capstan winch.

Thoughts?

I know if I was on the line, I'd be dropped by a few. Lol