1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What would you do on the last day of your job?

Discussion in 'Jobs & Careers' started by jeffy, Apr 19, 2014.

1. Apr 21, 2014 at 4:53 PM
    XSB41

XSB41 If I had a hammer...

Member:
    First Name:
    Rik
    Va.
    Vehicle:
    2010 SR5 4X4
    hitch haul, bed extender, bed mat, behind seat gun rack, roof rack
    Being able to retire from the USPS in June, I may or may not leave then...BUT...on my last day, I'll probably open the side dock doors & ride the John Deere into the back of the office & do a couple laps & back out the door...having started out as a carrier, then window clerk, I'm fading out in the maint. dept, and am ready to chill...:)

Rusty1606 likes this.
  2. Apr 21, 2014 at 5:06 PM
    Boerseun

Boerseun Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ferdie
    Sarasota, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra TRD Sport 4x4
    Upgraded 2002 Tacoma to 2018 Tundra
    When I left my last job I gave 2 weeks notice, worked every day through the last day, and after starting my new job, went back to the old place in the evenings for about a month to finish up my last project there, without getting paid for it. The reward was me knowing that I did the best I could, and at the new place I had the same clients, so they knew and appreciated me finishing that project up at the old place.
    Never burn bridges...
    Always keep integrity...

Last edited: Apr 21, 2014
  3. Apr 21, 2014 at 6:54 PM
    Tacoma Mike

Tacoma Mike 48 Year Chrysler/Toyota/ASE/ Master Tech.RETIRED

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    2011 Double Cab V6 1995 Bass Tracker
    Large Storage Box, 02610 intermittent switch swap, "Hot Wire" Power Outlets, DRL Shut Off, Disable Fob Beep, Disable Seat Belt Buzzers, Parking Light Mod, Battery Tender, 4 Leaf Spring Pack, Rear Headrest Removal, Factory Tow Package (7 Pin) Rear Diff Mod, Taco Lean Mod, 2WD Low ECU.
    For me it would be business as usual.
    Wouldn't take big jobs as I would have to finish before the end of the day.
    I have customers lives in my hands. And I have a responsibility to every other person on the road that what I do can affect some innocent family.
    I couldn't live with myself screwing off the last day.

4. Apr 25, 2014 at 4:24 PM
    jeffy

jeffy [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    WV
    Vehicle:
    '11 base mgm...1st pickup/4x4
    intermittent windshield wiper redline hoodstruts bfg rugged terrain
    My friend who works there just texted me today and said "you're scheduled to work the the 27th through May 3rd. I went and talked to the manager and said he'll get on it and figure it out.

I'm talking to the schedule maker tomorrow, the HR department and Union Rep on Monday just to make sure everything is figured out because I don't want to get a bad reference.

Plus I have evidence that I gave my two week notice and they knew about it. Probably thinking too much into it, but I still have a long way to go in my life, and I don't want something like this to hurt the rest of it..

5. Apr 25, 2014 at 10:12 PM
    robssol

robssol If it ain't broke, leave it the eff alone!

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    S. Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma, TRD Sport, SR5, 4X4, AC
    Frame 2.0, Fog lights anytime, Seatbelt reminder delete, Secondary air filter delete, LED bed lights, Running boards, 2017 Rims, Devil Horns by Andres, Ultra gauge, Cup holder/consol/glove compartment lights, Interior LED conversion, Blue Sea aux. fuse panel, fuse panel mounting plate by Yotamac, ProEFX heated towing mirrors, LED engine bay lights, Redline Quicklift Elite hood struts, Wet Okole Heated Seat Covers, Pop and Lock tailgate theft deterrent mod 2.0, Plasti-dip rear bumper. Decal free visors, Washable cabin air filter, Overhead consol auto dimming override switch, BulletProof Fabricating Skid plate, 2lo module.
    Why are you worried about it? You have a new job, you gave them a two week notice. Don't screw your new employer because your soon to be ex-employer is being childish. Probably another good reason to leave. Let them schedule you, you just won't be there. Don't worry about it, and go to your new job.

To Top