Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Jobs & Careers

Notices

Time to do the job scramble dance.....

Old 10-27-2009, 02:10 PM   #1
Seniore Marcos
Snyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant future
Snyperx's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Snyperx Send a message via Yahoo to Snyperx Send a message via Skype™ to Snyperx
Unhappy Time to do the job scramble dance.....

Came into work today and my boss came by and said "Got a minute". I get shuttled into a room with the bureau director and assistant director. I get a "At-Risk" notice handed to me (in State employment speak that means a layoff is coming). Thank god I belong to a union that allows At-Risk employees to have first dibs at open positions around the State. Looks like I won't be a SAN Administrator anymore. I have to say I kind of saw this coming considering the financial situation within the State and the fact that I don't have enough seniority (3.5 years) to keep my job at the current agency. I actually started running down other jobs about two weeks ago with the expectation of getting one of the At-Risk notices. Hopefully I can find another State job. I have until Feb. Anyone else been through this in another State?

Sorry just venting, although I'm not as upset as I thought I would be.
Old 10-27-2009, 02:26 PM   #3
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry to hear your news and wish you the best with the "dibs"
Our gov is trying to furlough some of our state workers here too.
I work IT for the DOD right now until Jun 2011 when my emergency hire contract expires. I'm backfilling an SA who deployed with his National Guard unit.
Old 10-29-2009, 01:38 PM   #4
Seniore Marcos
Snyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant future
Snyperx's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Snyperx Send a message via Yahoo to Snyperx Send a message via Skype™ to Snyperx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon's Mom View Post
Sorry to hear your news and wish you the best with the "dibs"
Our gov is trying to furlough some of our state workers here too.
I work IT for the DOD right now until Jun 2011 when my emergency hire contract expires. I'm backfilling an SA who deployed with his National Guard unit.
We are furloughing also. Hoping that with the union I can land something else. May not be the same job, but at least I'll still be with the State.
Old 10-29-2009, 01:43 PM   #5
Lets Do It!
wiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wiscdave's Tacoma Gallery
Good luck man! I heard its picking up in the Fox Valley area.