Engine 85 62.96%
Ladder 30 22.22%
Rescue 33 24.44%
Ambulance 20 14.81%
Other (describe) 19 14.07%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-11-2010, 08:41 AM   #21
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Only 5 truckies on here so far?! I've been on many different crews but I love the truck company operations.
Old 07-12-2010, 01:06 AM   #22
Banned
Tacoma3232 will become famous soon enough
Firefighter: Fireman, EMT
Name: Brandon
Tacoma3232's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gefallenprinz View Post
I am envious of that
Old 07-19-2010, 04:09 PM   #23
jackwithcorona is a jewel in the roughjackwithcorona is a jewel in the roughjackwithcorona is a jewel in the roughjackwithcorona is a jewel in the rough

Firefighter: Goddamned Paratrooper
Name: Mike
jackwithcorona's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillfly199 View Post
Engine 2468 until July 11th, then I retire from firefighting.
congratulations, i suppose? I hope it was a good run for you
Old 07-27-2010, 10:15 PM   #24
Ranger2 is on a distinguished road
Air Force: SSGT(ret), 38th OMS, 58th AGS, 6497 CAMS, 415 EMS, Det 15, 39 ARRW
Name: Joe
Ranger2's Tacoma Gallery
I was a volunteer for 7 years in Mays Landing, NJ. Everyone qualified for the engines,cascade & ladder truck. There were five companys covering the largest land area in NJ. Hamilton Twnsp, Atlantic County,115 square miles. Each station had it's own array of specialized apparatus, above the base equipment of engines, etc. Left when I moved to FL.
Old 07-27-2010, 10:28 PM   #25
Not your average girl
yotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Small town firefighter EMT
Name: Katie
yotanator's Tacoma Gallery
Currently not working due to injury, but this was our first out 4WD Type 1. Needed a friggin' ladder just to climb into it

Old 07-27-2010, 10:36 PM   #26
ttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
ttylerr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yotanator View Post
Currently not working due to injury, but this was our first out 4WD Type 1. Needed a friggin' ladder just to climb into it

sure looks tippy! i'm not a firefighter by any means... but i'm currently trying to get a job at a pierce dealership and get my fire apparatus evt (emergency vehicle technician) certification
Old 07-27-2010, 10:43 PM   #27
Western Alliance: Yeehaw Division
Clelsdah is on a distinguished road

Clelsdah's Tacoma Gallery
Can I put both Engine and Truck? I do 2 months on the Engine then 2 months on the Truck in a dual company house.
Old 07-27-2010, 10:46 PM   #28
Not your average girl
yotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Small town firefighter EMT
Name: Katie
yotanator's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttylerr View Post
sure looks tippy! i'm not a firefighter by any means... but i'm currently trying to get a job at a pierce dealership and get my fire apparatus evt (emergency vehicle technician) certification
That would be an interesting job. Yeah, the engine was pretty tippy. Trying to find a couple videos of it...
Old 07-27-2010, 11:05 PM   #30
yamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Royce
yamaha73's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillfly199 View Post
I am going into the California Highway Patrol academy
kinda off topic sorry

but im looking for a career path, either firefighter or police officer, and im starting to lean toward firefighter. But since youve done it but are going the other side. whats your experiences and why are you leaving if i may ask
Old 08-05-2010, 01:11 PM   #31
jackwithcorona is a jewel in the roughjackwithcorona is a jewel in the roughjackwithcorona is a jewel in the roughjackwithcorona is a jewel in the rough

Firefighter: Goddamned Paratrooper
Name: Mike
jackwithcorona's Tacoma Gallery
You know what firefighters and police officers have in common?
Growing up they both wanted to be firefighters.
Old 08-06-2010, 12:50 PM   #32
Go Jets GO!!!!!!
DigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud of

Firefighter: Firefighter, WFD, E13, L13, W131/2
DigB's Tacoma Gallery
I ride anything I'm told, I'm Hydrant right now but I drive as well, the younger guys (10 years or less) rotate between Hydrant and Driver, I love my job!!!

Picture taken at a roofing company warehouse fire this past January!
Old 08-26-2010, 03:43 PM   #33
WestonJ is on a distinguished road

Firefighter:
Name: Weston
WestonJ's Tacoma Gallery
engines and brush trucks! FTW!

i have been a volunteer for a year and a half with Nueces County ESD #2 (Flour Bluff Vol. Fire Dept). im commissioned in the state of texas with my ECA cert. and i just finished EMT-B class. looking to get a job with a city department here pretty soon, or take a paramedic class.
Old 08-26-2010, 03:53 PM   #34
My Other Truck is an Engine
LtHixson is on a distinguished road
Firefighter: Lieutenant
Name: Matt
LtHixson's Tacoma Gallery
I'm a Lieutenant with the Lubbock Fire Department in Lubbock, Texas. I work at Station 5, which has an engine, and a brush truck and tender that we cross-staff on an as-needed basis. I've been on the department for 16 years and at #5 for about 8.

Our department has 16 fire stations with 3 more on the drawing board. 15 engines, 4 trucks, and 2 (soon to be 3) battalion chiefs. We serve about 225,000 people over around 120 square miles and make around 20-25,000 runs a year. We first respond on medical calls, but the county EMS does all of the transports...for now. Our station also backs up the airport station, so everyone here is ARFF-trained.

I was a firefighter for two years in the Air Force Reserve in Colorado Springs, prior to getting hired by Lubbock.
Old 08-26-2010, 03:59 PM   #35
My Other Truck is an Engine
LtHixson is on a distinguished road
Firefighter: Lieutenant
Name: Matt
LtHixson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestonJ View Post
engines and brush trucks! FTW!

i have been a volunteer for a year and a half with Nueces County ESD #2 (Flour Bluff Vol. Fire Dept). im commissioned in the state of texas with my ECA cert. and i just finished EMT-B class. looking to get a job with a city department here pretty soon, or take a paramedic class.
If you're interested in coming to sunny west Texas, I think Lubbock is testing in February or March.
Old 09-21-2010, 03:46 AM   #36
blckout is on a distinguished road
Firefighter: 2nd Lieutenant
Name: Tom
blckout's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to blckout Send a message via Yahoo to blckout
Rescue 1 and Engine 1
I was 2nd Lieutenant Medical Officer so my primary was Medical, but Rode Engine plenty in the Capt Seat.
Brandon, MS
Langford Fire Dept
Old 09-21-2010, 03:48 AM   #37
blckout is on a distinguished road
Firefighter: 2nd Lieutenant
Name: Tom
blckout's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to blckout Send a message via Yahoo to blckout
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwithcorona View Post
You know what firefighters and police officers have in common?
Growing up they both wanted to be firefighters.

Do you know why got created Firefighters?

So Police Officers can have Heros :-)
Old 09-26-2010, 07:01 PM   #38
TXFF41587 will become famous soon enoughTXFF41587 will become famous soon enough

Firefighter: Firefighter
Name: Tucker
TXFF41587's Tacoma Gallery
Engineer at Texas City Fire Department L1259, I drive a 2001 E-ONE (Eng 21) and rotate on a box (Medic 20) we also have a water rescue boat 22Ft zodiac. I also ride the capt seat when hes off.
Old 09-26-2010, 07:10 PM   #39
doing my thing.
kcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to behold

Firefighter: Hotshot
Name: Marco
kcbmx's Tacoma Gallery
Engine 22 Plumas National Forest. Only 4x4 engine in our district.
Old 10-02-2010, 07:47 PM   #40
JML50 has much to be proud ofJML50 has much to be proud ofJML50 has much to be proud ofJML50 has much to be proud ofJML50 has much to be proud ofJML50 has much to be proud ofJML50 has much to be proud ofJML50 has much to be proud ofJML50 has much to be proud of

JML50's Tacoma Gallery
Engineer on Rescue...not by choice. Went from FF on an engine, then got promoted and have to do 6 months in rescue. I just passed 2 years!