Engine 85 62.96%
Ladder 30 22.22%
Rescue 33 24.44%
Ambulance 20 14.81%
Other (describe) 19 14.07%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-23-2012, 03:29 PM   #121
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Kevin
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
im on 2 volly depts one i catch what ever truck i can or drive my POV, the other i always drive my POV cause im too far out to catch a rig
Old 05-15-2012, 08:17 PM   #122
BaNgArAnG
06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Caleb
06TACOFIREMAN's Tacoma Gallery
City of Huntsville Alabama FD Im stationed at st.11 any given day I could be on the engine, ladder or a rescue truck. much rather be on the engine though. More fire experience. but the rescue truck is pretty fun when ya got a good wreck to work
Old 05-15-2012, 08:38 PM   #124
rcflyer will become famous soon enough
Firefighter:
Name: Greg
rcflyer's Tacoma Gallery
Basically whatever is going out I'm on unless I'm at work. We're a call/vol
dept. We have 2 engines, 1 tanker w/cascade, a brush, rescue squad and 1 rescue boat. I joined 3 1/2 years ago at kind of a late age(45 and out of shape) I'm cleared to drive our Rescue Squad, brush truck and boat. I have my driving time in on the engines but still need to take the pumps test before getting cleared on them. I thought I was going to die when the burn building class came up. I made it through 7 rotations but just couldn't do the eighth. It was still fun and quite a learning experience. Most of our calls are medicals and being a small farm town, you know who you're going for. The kids know a lot more than I ever will but I enjoy it and it gets me out of the house on Thursday nights.(drill night) There's a public safety employee skydive coming up this summer and I'm looking forward to that. There's always something interesting.

Greg
Old 05-16-2012, 06:02 AM   #126
LieutenantFF is on a distinguished road
Firefighter: Disabled Veteran
Name: Bryan
LieutenantFF's Tacoma Gallery
DOD Lieutenant

I work at Altus AFB Fire department in Altus oklahoma. work along side military members in the same position. our response area is anything inside the base fence. 2 Engines, 5 P-23's (aircraft response) 2 tankers, 1 medium Rescue and 1 heavy rescue....we run BLS on the Engines and work with the county for ALS and transport.
Old 06-04-2012, 05:17 PM   #127
Thinks he's Steve McQueen
squad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Marc
squad314's Tacoma Gallery
In my career I have worked everything on our job......Assigned to an Engine for the first seven years, a 100 foot ladder tower for a year, our heavy rescue for seven years, two other engines for seven years and now a 75 foot quint for the past two. Well since the first of the year I can now add Platoon Chief 's truck to the "units worked" list.......Qualified as an Acting PC and move into that position every couple of months for a tour or two.
Old 09-05-2012, 11:45 PM   #128
Aku has a spectacular aura aboutAku has a spectacular aura aboutAku has a spectacular aura about

Firefighter:
Aku's Tacoma Gallery
There should be an "All of the Above" box.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:25 AM   #129
Housework can't kill you, but why take a chance?
Doc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
Doc4216's Tacoma Gallery
Not a ff but couldn't resist getting this pix today! Highest respect goes out to you guys!
Attached Thumbnails
firefighters: what piece do you ride?-uploadfromtaptalk1352136341882.jpg  
Old 01-01-2013, 08:37 AM   #130
Deuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Deuxdiesel's Tacoma Gallery
I miss the fire service- I was paid on call for years, had to retire due to so many injuries it was interfering with my other job. We had two houses (covering 36 sq. miles), each with a tanker, engine, rescue and medical rigs, plus one airboat, and you had to be proficient on all of them because you never knew where you where going to end up. Be safe, everyone.
Old 01-01-2013, 06:29 PM   #132
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
i ride engine company..hose humper ftw
Old 01-01-2013, 06:32 PM   #133
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
I guess we are changing how our station assignments happen with the new year. I hope I stay on the truck or move to the tower. To be honest I don't care what I'm on engine or truck company as long as my pay checks keep coming!
Old 01-01-2013, 06:36 PM   #134
Certified Mall Crawling Instructor
SwanksTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwanksTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwanksTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwanksTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwanksTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwanksTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwanksTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwanksTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwanksTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwanksTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwanksTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
Name: Steven
SwanksTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Does it count if i'm a Junior?
Old 01-01-2013, 06:37 PM   #135
I like to break shit!

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwanksTaco View Post
Does it count if i'm a Junior?
it depends, where you a junior at?
Old 06-01-2013, 10:14 AM   #136
IAFF Local 34 Professional FireFighters
RearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Craig Christ
RearViewMirror's Tacoma Gallery
Captain on the Busiest Truck Co. in the State

2003 Pierce Tiller 100' Aerial

Stuck in the Ice

View from the Tiller Cab

Me top left a few years back when I was still a Engineer. Just got through venting the roof (you can tell where the thick black smoke is where my hole was) when it vented itself in the back.
Lot of good that did huh? lol

Old 06-01-2013, 10:16 AM   #137
Student / Vol. FF
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MGMTacoFF's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Turner View Post
Me top left a few years back when I was still a Engineer. Just got through venting the roof (you can tell where the thick black smoke is where my hole was) when it vented itself in the back.
Lot of good that did huh? lol
Your buddy behind you might get a little hot on his calves when he's interior the next time...

Sweet self-venting

Matt
Old 06-01-2013, 10:21 AM   #138
IAFF Local 34 Professional FireFighters
RearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Craig Christ
RearViewMirror's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacoFF View Post
Your buddy behind you might get a little hot on his calves when he's interior the next time...

Sweet self-venting

Matt
Haha.. That's exactly what I told him.

BTW... He no longer works with us lol

On a side note... It is amazing how far turnouts have come since then. Those were "Quest" turnouts and now we have "Morning Pride" and it is night and day difference. Then I've got a set of "Globe" boots that are amazing. Imagine what it will be like in 10 more years?
Old 06-01-2013, 03:50 PM   #139
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Nice pics! This is our tower 51 which I am on now.

firefighters: what piece do you ride?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1370126807.098766.jpg
firefighters: what piece do you ride?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1370126825.996283.jpg
firefighters: what piece do you ride?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1370126847.525851.jpg
firefighters: what piece do you ride?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1370127025.480567.jpg
Old 06-01-2013, 05:24 PM   #140
First I derp.. then I herp
mntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Aaron
mntbiker2008's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuxdiesel View Post
I miss the fire service- I was paid on call for years, had to retire due to so many injuries it was interfering with my other job. We had two houses (covering 36 sq. miles), each with a tanker, engine, rescue and medical rigs, plus one airboat, and you had to be proficient on all of them because you never knew where you where going to end up. Be safe, everyone.
I miss the service too... Had to get out of it for the same reason... injury... Mainly my choice because if I went at it any longer, my back and knees were messed up, I would be in a wheel chair by the time I was able to retire.

To my fellow FF's, stay safe out there.

Also, RIP to the 4 FF's that were killed the other day out in Houston. Hopefully the others that are in the hospital make it out alright and can get back to work soon.

This was the truck I road on: