1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Thinking on moving West!

Discussion in 'Jobs & Careers' started by sammy87, Jun 22, 2010.

1. Jun 23, 2010 at 6:19 PM
    sammy87

sammy87 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    co
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD SPORT 4X4
    hahah yeah I hear ya, it might be just a lil too remote. Ive heard Nor Cal is great and has a lot to offer.

Im suprised there hasn't been any love for CO. Colorado Springs is about what I had in mind.

2. Jun 23, 2010 at 6:30 PM
    misterquad

misterquad Well-Known Member

Member:
    Shawnee, KS
    Colorado was once my first choice of places I wanted to live.

I went to Ouray, two years ago this week on a Jeeping Trip. The town's people were not as polite as I had hoped. I would expect a town based on tourist would welcome the money. They treated us as an inconvenience to their day. That one trip changed my opinion of moving to Colorado.

Now, for spring break this year I went snowboarding in Keystone. This area had the nicest people. What I expected. I talked to local people that worked there and they clearly understood that being nice to people is a normal expectation plus it brings people back.

I get headhunters contacting me about jobs in the Denver/Golden area and I do think about it.

3. Jun 23, 2010 at 10:43 PM
    JasoTaco

JasoTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma TRD Off Road
    ToyTec Ultimate 3" Lift -TSB Rear springs - TRD Cold Air Intake - TRD Skid Plate - Total Chaos Upper Control Arms - 2 Hella Rallye 4000 lights (130W Bulbs) - Clear Bra - Under Coat - Bed extener - Toyota Bed Mat - Weathertech floor mats - Tailgate hose clamp & washer mod - PIAA Fog Lights - ScanGauge II - Beefed Sliders - Differential Breather Mod - Heated Seats - All-Pro Bumper - Warn M8000 Winch with wireless controls - Boztec Diff Skid - ATO skids
    I grew up in Bountiful, it's about 30 min. south of Hill AFB and about 15 min. north of SLC. It's a great place to raise a family IMO.

Let me know if you have any questions.

4. Jun 23, 2010 at 10:58 PM
    HarryTaco

HarryTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pacific NW
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD OR DCSB 4x4 V6 MGM
    Bed Mat, Bak Revolver Tonneau,
    If you want sunny weather, avoid the Northwest at all cost.

5. Jun 24, 2010 at 6:20 AM
    sammy87

Member:
    co
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD SPORT 4X4
    I wouldn't think twice about it. I was born in TX, I will always be a Texan, but it's changed too much since I lived there.
    I was stationed in San Antonio for 2 yrs, it was cool but wouldn't want to spend too much more time there.

CO is really the only western state I visited and I got a good vibe from all the people. Much different than Easterners. Im young too so a career change, or location change is easy. Im only 28.

6. Jun 24, 2010 at 6:54 AM
    woodygg

woodygg Well-Known Member

Member:
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    04 DC Tacoma 4x4
    You're getting a lot of bad info via comments about housing prices in California... it varies wildly depending on where... don't let that put you off right off the bat. And now, with the property bubble burst - you can get some great deals and have many more options.

7. Jun 24, 2010 at 7:05 AM
    sammy87

Member:
    co
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD SPORT 4X4

I figured that. Not everyone in CA can get approved for a $1mil/mortgage. We're not looking to live in the bay, on the beach, or in the city. a couple hrs from mountains/beach, decent weather, not too far from shopping 30-45 mins, low traffic. Within the next 2 yrs would probaly be the time to buy there.

8. Jun 24, 2010 at 8:38 AM
    aficianado

aficianado Well-Known Member

Member:
    bay area, california
    Vehicle:
    2006 access cab. 4x4, TRD-OR + 2023 TRD off-road.
    back to bone stock.
    my brother in law is searching for a home in the $200k range. he wants to be close to his work, so he is searching areas, i consider "ghetto". some homes in my neighborhood are going for that kinda of money. (forclosures, whatever)..but most people think i live to far in the country. i like it. i like shooting my bow in the backyard, chasing my chickens around, and watering my big ass veggie garden. california home prices have dropped like a rock. (not so happy about this btw, but wtf)

To Top