1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Sears?

Discussion in 'Jobs & Careers' started by joes06tacoma, Sep 21, 2011.

1. Sep 21, 2011 at 8:12 PM
    joes06tacoma

joes06tacoma [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Central Coast, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 Off Road Access Cab v6 6spd
    LEER Shell with dome lights operated with 3 way switches, aux backup lights with relay and 3 position switch, modified wiring to compass/temp display and clock to include switch that disables dimming function (poor man's DRL solution), Scan Gauge 2
    Does anyone work for Sears doing any type of in home services? I currently do home appliance repair. I'm very happy with the company I work for, but I need to make more money, and it's not going to happen at this place.

Can a guy make 50K a year working 40 hours a week at Sears? The idea of large corporation benefits appeals to me, but not going to work 14 hours a day to do it. I've done that before, and actually gave up almost 10K a year just to get away from it. I ran into a Sears appliance guy recently and he told me that he works about nine hours a day, but it varies according to where you live (dispatched out of your house). He wouldn't tell me what he makes.

2. Sep 21, 2011 at 8:52 PM
    I Liquid I

I Liquid I Well-Known Member

Member:
    Puerto Rico
    Vehicle:
    06 BSP DCLB, 17 Inferno TRD Offroad DCSB, 06 SW ACLB
    Too many mods to list
    I do not know how it is in the states, however my brother used to work for Sears till last Friday and he, like all he ex-coworkers agree that Sears is a horrible place to work.

Then again, that is in Puerto Rico, I do not know how Sears is in the states.

3. Oct 27, 2011 at 4:02 PM
    wildjerseyfirefighter

wildjerseyfirefighter I sell fishing and fishing accessories

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma TRD Sport
    stock, for now
    i work in the auto shop for sears..bad place to work...The appliance service guys never seem to leave, usually see the same ones on a regular basis so it cant be that bad.

To Top