1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

So it's official I start Monday at Northrop Grumman

Discussion in 'Jobs & Careers' started by Stout890, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Feb 15, 2012 at 2:52 AM
    Stout890

Stout890 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Palmdale ca
    Vehicle:
    99 prerunner sr5
    10" sub, OME881 on Bilstein's, 3" all-pro leaf springs with billies in the back, JBA UCA's, bed cover with custom LED lighting, k&n intake and DT headers, OEM E-locker in the rear. 32" BFG KO2 on steel D window wheels, suicide knob. rebuilt 3RZ w/ stage 1 cam and balance shaft delete . big 3 mod, all new suspension and body mount bushings. cat back magnaflow exhaust.
    So iv been shooting for this position for 3 years now been threw 2 interviews and a hiring freeze but they finally offered me a systems mechanic position. They kind of boned me and gave me an assistant title so they could pay me 2 dollars less. I know this because my buddy with less qualified than me got in as a regular systems mech either because his mom is buddy buddy with the higher ups or because he interviewed better I dunno but hey at least I'm in. So anyone else here work there? I know there's alot of guys here in the antelope valley so its possible i guess. maybe we can park our tacos together in the parking lot ha ha no homo lol

Biscuits likes this.
  2. Mar 2, 2012 at 8:18 PM
    LTRANGER661

LTRANGER661 Well-Known Member

Member:
    I have a Family member that works there. His name is James and drives a f150 and a ranger or vw golf

3. Mar 3, 2012 at 11:34 AM
    Stout890

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Palmdale ca
    Vehicle:
    99 prerunner sr5
    10" sub, OME881 on Bilstein's, 3" all-pro leaf springs with billies in the back, JBA UCA's, bed cover with custom LED lighting, k&n intake and DT headers, OEM E-locker in the rear. 32" BFG KO2 on steel D window wheels, suicide knob. rebuilt 3RZ w/ stage 1 cam and balance shaft delete . big 3 mod, all new suspension and body mount bushings. cat back magnaflow exhaust.
    Ha ha I can't be parking by any rangers or fords! Lol maybe the VW though!

4. Mar 3, 2012 at 11:36 AM
    tostidos

tostidos Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Apple Valley, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 LT 6spd
    Awesome man! Thats going to be a bad ass airframe to say you work on! Hopefully its not a pain in the ass to work on.

5. Mar 4, 2012 at 9:05 AM
    Stout890

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Palmdale ca
    Vehicle:
    99 prerunner sr5
    Yeah it's pretty cool. I can't talk much about the plane, I can't even really say I work on it. I posted this before I had my security clearance briefing so I won't be talking much about the aircraft. But I would still like to see if anyone on here works there. I know there are alot of people in the AV on here and almost everyone works aviation here in the AV.

6. Mar 4, 2012 at 9:07 AM
    dud122

dud122 rabble rabble rabble

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Riverdale Park, MD
    Vehicle:
    2004 Tacoma DC
    OME up front, Dakar in the back, Elite front bumper, Warn winch, Tactical rear bumper with tire swing/jerry cans/hi lift, Revenge Fab. sliders, Tundra brakes, Camburg UCA's, Safari Snorkle, FJ TRD wheels, Lights, CB, Switches, skids, LED's... OH MY!
    might want to just edit your posts then to be on the safe side IMO

congrats on the new job!

odinsbro15 likes this.
  7. Mar 4, 2012 at 9:08 AM
    steve o 77

steve o 77 braaap

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    In a corn field, OH
    Vehicle:
    1990 Chevy Siveraydo
    245k+ miles, rust, working AC, bald eagles
    x2...

odinsbro15 likes this.
  8. Mar 4, 2012 at 9:14 AM
    Boerseun

Boerseun Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ferdie
    Sarasota, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra TRD Sport 4x4
    Upgraded 2002 Tacoma to 2018 Tundra
    Congrats on the new job.
    Don't worry about the assistant title for now. If you show them what you are worth you will work your way up in no time.
    Enjoy working on that project that we do not know anything about....:spy:

9. Mar 4, 2012 at 10:01 AM
    Stout890

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Palmdale ca
    Vehicle:
    99 prerunner sr5
    Yea

Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
  10. Jul 6, 2018 at 10:00 PM
    Stout890

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Palmdale ca
    Vehicle:
    99 prerunner sr5
    So going through my threads I started I saw this post and I should do an update.

NORTHROP SUCKS DICK!!! Lol that was the worst job I ever had. Management is insanely shitty. Anyways I worked there for close to two years and man did that place fuck me up.

I now work for General Atomics ASI doing composite mods on pred b hunter killers and I am so damn happy I never thought I’d be at this kind of place in life.

Anyways I just wanted to update this. later!!

Biscuits likes this.
  11. Jul 10, 2018 at 6:24 PM
    Tacoma Surf Chewy

Tacoma Surf Chewy Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma SR Access cab
    Wheels,tires, alarm, LEDs, base cannon stereo upgrade and everything else you can think of!
    you can tell me...I work for Lockheed Martin lol

12. Jul 11, 2018 at 8:43 AM
    Stout890

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Palmdale ca
    Vehicle:
    99 prerunner sr5
    Lol kinda of funny because I just read an article about Lockheed winning the new modernization contract for the b-2. They’ll start work in 2020 in owega New York

To Top