1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Job suggestions?

Discussion in 'Jobs & Careers' started by memario1214, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Sep 25, 2012 at 10:28 AM
    memario1214

memario1214 [OP] Hotshot Offroad Moderator Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Colton
    Missoula, MT
    Vehicle:
    SOLD - 05 Dub Cab TRD Sport 4x4, CURRENT - '21 Tundra MGM Limited
    I am graduating this December with a BS in Business Management and a minor in Entrepreneurship from a largely unknown state school (Montana State). I am beginning to look into jobs, but am having trouble finding what I want to do. I have been looking into purchasing jobs and I even like investment banking, trading, etc. but I realize that major corporations won't even give someone like me a look over the Ivy League kids. Anyone have any suggestions for good entry-level business jobs that have good growth potential? I want to get into the corporate world, but I realize that everyone has to start somewhere. I just don't want to get into a position where I will plateau quickly and run out of growth options.

2. Sep 25, 2012 at 1:03 PM
    bethes

bethes Señorita Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Beth
    Tulsa/Sand Springs, OK
    Vehicle:
    2011 V6 TRD Off Road
    I had a business degree and ran into the same thing, I eventually got frustrated with the jobs I could find/get because I didn't like them and went back to school. I got a geology bachelor's and I'm working on my master's now and love my job.

I don't have much good advice, I guess, just some empathy. One thing I will say is I'm not so sure the name recognition for your school really matters that much. For the most part I think a bachelor's degree is a bachelor's degree, so I wouldn't worry too much about competing there. Besides that, if you do put in a resume somewhere that the particular school is really important, you can't do much about it anyway. Stop worrying about what you don't have and focus on what you can offer. Good luck!

To Top