1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Project Manager Cert?

Discussion in 'Jobs & Careers' started by sammy87, Oct 23, 2012.

1. Oct 23, 2012 at 8:08 AM
    sammy87

sammy87 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    co
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD SPORT 4X4
    Just wondering if anyone has one, and if it's worth the investment? The college near me has a night course but it cost over $3k. I worked as a PM in construction for over 3 yrs but never came across anyone that has one or the need for one. But when applying to jobs, I see a lot of jobs that look for it as a skill.

2. Oct 23, 2012 at 11:24 AM
    ocherp

ocherp Well-Known Member

Member:
    Gilbert, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2016 V6 4X4
    SDHQ built
    Currently in the program for it through PMI, never heard of it either until I got out of the military while looking at options for my VA benefits. It's suppose to be a pretty good asset to have on your resume from what I hear. I'll let you know how "vaulable" it is after I pass the exam and start looking lol

3. Oct 23, 2012 at 12:44 PM
    aficianado

aficianado Well-Known Member

Member:
    bay area, california
    Vehicle:
    2006 access cab. 4x4, TRD-OR + 2023 TRD off-road.
    back to bone stock.
    i was just offered this thru work. thinking about it.

4. Oct 23, 2012 at 3:09 PM
    sammy87

sammy87 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    co
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD SPORT 4X4
    Yeah I see it more and more. But I have never come across anyone that had one. I knew PM's that have been doing it for over 30 yrs and didn't even have a formal education, but still made really good money. $3k for a certification is just about the cost of a semester of grad school. More and more I feel a lot of companies have 0 interest in training ppl and they just want a carbon copy of the former worker.

5. Jan 9, 2014 at 6:59 PM
    Spencer

Spencer Future President

Member:
    First Name:
    TIGGLEBITTIES
    Upland, Chino... all of 909.
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCSB 4X4 6cyl Sex Machine
    Redline hood lift, Flyzeye cabin lights, tailgate lock, SPOD Power block, VIAR onboard air, Cobra CB radio, Firestick 4' Antenna, Hot Blonde CoPilot Mod, SIX 9" Hella 4000 HID conversion with external 55W ballasts, Six 6" LED bars, Napier Bed Tent, Mudflaps delete using rocks, Roof rack by Brute force, Rock sliders by Brute force, Bed LED lights, Underhood LED automatic lights, Constant 12V bed plug, Rugged race radio, ICON uniball UCA's, KING 2.5 700 rate coilovers, Deaver rear leaf springs, KING 2.5 resi rear shocks (Flat 0.15 stack on compression shims), Scangauge, Empty wallet Mod Bug disease, AllPro Apex front bumper, On board heat exchange shower & water pump (Heater Core intercept mod), On Board Air - Viair for now, ARB when it dies-, allpro Skids back to gas tank- Tepui RTT on the shittiest "Bed Rack" ever made.... AllPro U Bolt flip kit with timbren bumps NEXT UP- expo leafs & bed rack, hydraulic bumps in rear, Total Chaos stock LCA's w/ Bypass, Rear 12" shock hoop relocate
    Ha. I was offered this course paid through work and enrolled!

Apparently only two people enrolled and the course was cancelled... :notsure:

To Top