Curt aka Pinal1223

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Law Enforcement Officers

Notices

Applying for LEO

Old 06-12-2011, 06:56 PM   #1
Hunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: Probie
Hunter500ky's Tacoma Gallery
Talking Applying for LEO

Well was talking to my dispatcher friend, who knows I want to become some part of LEO as a part time thing only.

He mentioned that a local town is hiring (leaving name out for now) for part time. They just sent two guys to academy who flunked out

He said he could put a good word in for me, so I am applying.

I dont fail things, I refuse to fail.

I have to sign a 2 year contract, not worried about that.

I pretty much have everything under control not worried about it but I figured this forum is here so any tips?
Old 06-12-2011, 10:25 PM   #2
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Don't fudge your app. Put all the shit down that has happened to you, if you don't they will find it. Delete or wipe your Facebook, background investigator will wanna look at it. Make a copy of your app after you completely fill it out, use that as a master for any other app you may fill out in the future. And like I said, LIST EVERYTHING.
Old 06-12-2011, 10:37 PM   #3
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Yep...be completely 100% honest...even if it's questionable stuff like prior drug use or tickets/arrests

some may or may not disqualify you but dishonesty will disqualify you every time guaranteed
Old 06-12-2011, 10:45 PM   #4
( . )( . )
Stillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: J.D.
Stillfly199's Tacoma Gallery
Honesty, and do your homework about the department, like their mission statement and what kind of calls they go to.
Old 06-12-2011, 11:03 PM   #5
if your not the lead dog, the view never changes
k9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fabio
k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
You might want to go on some ride alongs if they allow it. Be honest. They look at everything like everyone said facebooks, credit history, tickets etc.... Different agencies offer all types of opportunities. You'll want to drop that firefighter gig after a while and be a full time LEO. It's a great job. Be safe
Old 06-13-2011, 12:08 AM   #7
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Also don't limit yourself just to that town, look around, perhaps a few other agencies have openings...put out maybe 2-3 apps if you can, unless there is NOTHING open.

But be careful also, I had one prior officer give me a piece of advice that I'll never forget...If you put down that you have applied to a different agency and got denied, they WILL call that agency and ask why. If its because of something that you did that disqualified you, and you didn't put that down for the second agency...bad news for you. This falls under the honesty part.

Just stay upfront about the whole thing, and keep a good outlook. (something I have a problem with sometimes)
Old 06-13-2011, 07:01 AM   #8
Hunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Thanks guys, have to find out how to wipe my facebook now
Old 06-13-2011, 08:57 AM   #9

Law Enforcement:
Just go through and untag yourself, delete any pic that have you doing crazy shit, being stupid, partying etc. Delete friends that could be questionable, you're prolly like me, have 50+ pages of comments to sift through....which is why I just deleted mine. You find out real quick who your real friends are when you post up that you're deleting Facebook....lol I found out like only 5-6 out of 200+ besides family of course.
Old 06-13-2011, 09:05 AM   #10
muddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

muddin's Tacoma Gallery
good luck bro....im in the same boat (sorta) waiting on my oral exam with the pa state police....i didnt think of the facebook thing...looks like il have to do some work on it.
Old 06-13-2011, 09:07 AM   #11
Ok so when I delete/deactivate my facebook, they wont be able to see anything?
Old 06-13-2011, 09:11 AM   #12

Law Enforcement:
Pretty much, I totally deleted everything....I can't log in anymore, I have to create a brand new account if I wanna get back on FB.
Old 06-13-2011, 09:14 AM   #14
muddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

muddin's Tacoma Gallery
witht the facebook thing....if you just set all your stuff to private...can they somehow still see it? i wanna say if u have your settings all to private and only your friends can see it no one else from the outside should be able to check on it....if i am mistaken please let me know ha!
Old 06-13-2011, 09:19 AM   #15

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by muddin View Post
witht the facebook thing....if you just set all your stuff to private...can they somehow still see it? i wanna say if u have your settings all to private and only your friends can see it no one else from the outside should be able to check on it....if i am mistaken please let me know ha!
The way it was told to me be my friend was that he applied and went through it all, and the hiring officer called him for a few additional questions. When he got there, he was asked to log into his FB account.
Old 06-13-2011, 09:26 AM   #16
TacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
TacoTabe's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodiakToyTRD View Post
The way it was told to me be my friend was that he applied and went through it all, and the hiring officer called him for a few additional questions. When he got there, he was asked to log into his FB account.

^ this. I got a call telling me to swing by right after work, they needed me to sign something. I got there and the guy doing my background told me to open up my facebook page. He then proceeded to look at my first couple pages of posts and all my photos.
Old 06-13-2011, 09:59 AM   #17

muddin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodiakToyTRD View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoTabe View Post
^ this. I got a call telling me to swing by right after work, they needed me to sign something. I got there and the guy doing my background told me to open up my facebook page. He then proceeded to look at my first couple pages of posts and all my photos.

nice...sneaky...i like it.
Old 06-13-2011, 11:24 AM   #18
if your not the lead dog, the view never changes
k9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fabio
k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
everything you put on facebook, tw or anything is public record. Defense attorneys have used it in court against officers. Best not to belong to social networking sites. They can even get your cell phone records. Food for thought.
Old 06-13-2011, 11:29 AM   #19
4FTTY4 is on a distinguished road
4FTTY4's Tacoma Gallery
Trying to hide stuff will get you disqualified. If you get hired and something you didn't tell them about comes up, you will get fired.
Old 06-28-2011, 06:20 AM   #20
SAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kelly
SAIRS's Tacoma Gallery
I work white collar, and it is amazing that there were people that didnt realize we would be carrying a weapon being a patrol officer, it should be obvious but at some point reality kicks in for what you COULD be up against at some random point in your career...the ugly reality that you may have to take a life to protect yours or anothers.