Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Law Enforcement Officers

Notices

Positive experiences with Police Officers

Old 06-18-2011, 01:05 AM   #21
First Class White Trash
achirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
achirdo's Tacoma Gallery
Old 06-19-2011, 03:10 AM   #22
Hunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: Probie
Hunter500ky's Tacoma Gallery
Well being a FF we have our fun at going at eachother but we both know if it came down to it, we wold have eachothers back.

Before I was a FF i saw a cop get into a fight with some guy, his friend jumped in and he had no backup called 911 told them location and officer needed back up and jumped in with him.

At first I thought he was going to hit me to but I think the boot to the guys face that was on him was a clear signal I was on his side.

Well we are going at it for 20 seconds and I hear a officer yell move, I glance back and see pepper spray!!!!

Hahahahahahhaahahahahahahhaahah oh well.

Once it got sorted out he apologized I laughed it off no worries. They bought me lunch
Old 06-21-2011, 06:32 PM   #23
ottomastiff will become famous soon enough
ottomastiff's Tacoma Gallery
When i was 5, my brothers and I were playing outside, when a police car came rolling by. We waved hello, and asked for a ride. The cops took us for a ride around the block and lit up the lights and sirens for us. That was AWESOME to a 5 year old.

When I was 19, i was in my brothers car speeding with my girlfriend in the car. A cop car pulls along side, and both cops give us " the look ". I probably looked like i just shit in my pants, and they busted up laughing and drove away. I of course slowed down.

Super troopers anyone? hahaha!
Old 06-21-2011, 06:44 PM   #24
Self Proclaimed first gen expert :doh:
Greensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Greensystemsgo's Tacoma Gallery
Wish i could contribute some awesome story, my ONLY good experience was simply getting the speeding ticket, or just a warning for sun eaten license plate cover.

Ive been cuffed and had my car searched for no reason, been disrespected two times when i was hit by an illegal and when my house was burglurized, i was blown off when i had an irate customer, and finally a buddy was ran over by a cop whom him and his buddies then covered it up. The case is ongoing.
Old 06-21-2011, 06:48 PM   #25
Lest We Forget
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery

I know quite a few cops and have a relative who is signing the papers in a week to join the force
Old 06-21-2011, 10:20 PM   #27
No longer anonymous. D'oh!
carcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
carcharias's Tacoma Gallery
Just remembered another one:
I was on my R1 "supposedly" speeding up Laurel Canyon, in the flatland before the twisties, when I got tagged by a motorcycle cop. I pulled off in a wide side street with a nice incline to it. Not sure how we got on the topic, but he mentioned that I wouldn't be able to turn my bike curb-to-curb on this street without putting a foot down. I begged to differ, so I bet him the ticket that I could - he agreed.

I'd been riding bikes for too long at that point, and gave it my best try to no avail. As I lay dumbfounded, he chuckled and said it was the type of tires sport bikes had as he wrote out the ticket. He then jumped on his, which had radials, and showed me how it was done.

Damn.
Old 06-22-2011, 01:27 AM   #28
Veteran Redleg
SteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Arizona Army National Guard C BATTERY 1/180TH Field Artillery and the Pinal County Sheriff's Office
Name: Curt
SteelRain's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greensystemsgo View Post
Wish i could contribute some awesome story, my ONLY good experience was simply getting the speeding ticket, or just a warning for sun eaten license plate cover.

Ive been cuffed and had my car searched for no reason, been disrespected two times when i was hit by an illegal and when my house was burglurized, i was blown off when i had an irate customer, and finally a buddy was ran over by a cop whom him and his buddies then covered it up. The case is ongoing.

Damn Nick....sorry for the bad luck. We're not all like that. There are a few of us out there who actually care about the communities we work in. You're more than welcome to come down to San Tan Valley some time and ride with me if you want. Cmack's been wanting to. Keep your head up man.
Old 06-22-2011, 01:39 AM   #29
Lest We Forget
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinal1223 View Post
Damn Nick....sorry for the bad luck. We're not all like that. There are a few of us out there who actually care about the communities we work in. You're more than welcome to come down to San Tan Valley some time and ride with me if you want. Cmack's been wanting to. Keep your head up man.
And I will be soon

Let's talk dates sometime this week so we can plan for it.
Old 06-22-2011, 02:00 AM   #30
bfogelma is on a distinguished road

Name: Brandon
bfogelma's Tacoma Gallery
many of these stories are why i am so interested in becoming a cop/LEO.

Although, I did have a couple run ins with them in the past... all related to my driving. One time I got caught doing doughnuts in a parking lot and since i was a minor they had to call my mom... who freaked out and told them i was pretty much done for. I think they felt kinda bad and bumped it down from reckless driving(impounded vehicle and suspended license) to exhibition of speed(hefty ticket, no impound). I treated them with respect, and they never treated me otherwise. They were truly surprised my buddy and i werent drunk or on drugs, just out for some fun.
Old 06-22-2011, 08:59 AM   #31
Self Proclaimed first gen expert :doh:
Greensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Greensystemsgo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinal1223 View Post
yeah. The two times its been good, just a ticket (how good can it be, but i understand he was doing his job), and the warning for the plate im thankful for. When i was cuffed it was a 4 hour ordeal. I was pulled over cause my windshield was cracked, cop was going opposite direction at midnight, and eventually called three other cars for backup, cuffed and searched me and my car, while my lady friend stood aside, then proceeded to go off on me for not attending highschool cause i didnt go to his school he was an officer at, i was in college at the time so yeah. It ended up he couldnt pin me with anything besides the windshield because i was cooperative so he just let me go, when i had pulled over i turned on my flashers, which in turned fried the ignition wiring in the 66 because they didnt convert the flasher unit from a 6v to a 12v for some reason, so when i tried turning off the car, i pulled the key and the car kept going hahaha

But id like to imagine there are some not on power trips. Ive had the most trouble with a certain city, the one my buddy got hit and killed in on his birthday specifically. A ride along could be fun, ive always wanted to do it.
Old 06-22-2011, 09:13 AM   #32
Manual Transmission Enthusiast
TacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
TacomaBuzz's Tacoma Gallery
When i was In high school, one night when I was "doing the deed" in the backseat with my gf on a wooded Road, a cop came rolling up on us, he didn't even bother asking what we were doing
All he said was"GTF outta here and don't come back."
Old 06-22-2011, 09:38 AM   #33
DOERanger has much to be proud ofDOERanger has much to be proud ofDOERanger has much to be proud ofDOERanger has much to be proud ofDOERanger has much to be proud ofDOERanger has much to be proud ofDOERanger has much to be proud ofDOERanger has much to be proud ofDOERanger has much to be proud of

Army: Military Police
Name: Jordan
DOERanger's Tacoma Gallery
I got a million and one positive stories of experiences before and after the Army. Most of respectful and professional LEOs, some of me being the same in the MP's. In five years of patrolling as a MP and hundreds of hours on the road (Patrol) I only gave out two tickets for complete and utter asshats that were breaking multiple laws and just didn't care.

The one story that cleaned up my act and got me on the path I have taken was when I was young and dumb at 15 y/o. Bunch of my friends and I had been drinking stupidly all night. I had already thrown up twice and kept on trying to feed alcohol into my system. Someone decided that it would be a great idea to drive into downtown (we were about 25 min. away in the boondocks). So, we piled in the car and had the oldest and most sober drive for us. Down the highway we go in the middle of the night and we pass a cop. We freak out because he has turned around so what do we do? We drive over the side of the highway onto the access road on the right. Two cops seem to appear out of nowhere as they start the interrogation. They are dumbfounded at the amount of drunk teens in the car as they round to me. One of the cops asks me to state the alphabet, and as I get passed ABC, I start mixing in colors and objects. The cop said to his buddy, "This one's fucking hammered man." So what do they do? They do a sobriety test on the oldest and most sober, and tell him to get us back A-fucking-SAP. Nothing on the record, didn't have to go to jail, no life changing event (To include dying from multiple reasons that night).
Those guys could've railed us but they didn't. Then on out, I wanted to help like they did. I can remember multiple times I drove drunks home on the road, wrote down their names, and warned them about if I caught up with them again.
Cheers to the boys in blue!
Old 06-28-2011, 09:34 PM   #34
geoff06 is a jewel in the roughgeoff06 is a jewel in the roughgeoff06 is a jewel in the rough

geoff06's Tacoma Gallery
I like police officers. They seem nicer in WI than where I lived in CA though. I've been pulled over 3 times, none of which I was ticketed for. Most recently I was driving through Waterford WI about 12:30am on the way home from playing a gig with some buddies and I was having brakelight issues (which I later discovered were caused by a severed lead in my hitch wiring). Cant' remember the officer's name, but he walked up, saw my bass drum sitting in the passenger seat, and was like "oh hey, on your way to a gig?". I kinda laughed and said something to the effect of 'aw man, you missed it, you shoulda been there, now I'm on my way home'. He was pretty laid back and gave me a "compliance order", giving me 10 days to fix the brakelights and have an officer certify that they were fixed. Anyway, not as moving or impressive as a lot of the earlier posts, but I thought I'd give my $.02 to this non-hating thread
Old 07-01-2011, 10:37 AM   #35
Nothin
krimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
When I was 15 me and friends saran wrapped my friend (as A prank) to a pole. While we were in the process of finishing and walking away, a State Trooper drives up and he rolls his windows down tells my friend that was saran wrapped to the pole "sucks to be you!" and drives off.
Old 09-23-2011, 10:25 PM   #36
futuretacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: First Responder, Primary Care Paramedic, Advanced EMT
Name: Andrew
futuretacoowner's Tacoma Gallery
I respect Police, I understand it is a stressful job and it's one I do not want to do. I try to make every run in with the Police pleasent. One time I was driving in an unfamiliar town and went through a yeild a bit fast and almost hit into an RCMP cruiser so lights go on and he comes up to my car and asks me what the sign says I respond yeild. He says just pull up to a less busy part of the road asks me where I was from, asks me where I was going. proceeds to give me directions says he thought I ran a stop, we discuss how its stupid that its a yeild not a stop and says have a nice day. Very respectful to me the whole time.
Another story, Me and my friend are bored and decide to go see the RCMP musical ride so we go neither of us have cash and hope they take debit, they don't. So we start walking out to go to the ATM and a female officer dressed in a serge comes up to us and says "hey you guys are going the wrong way" and we tell her we need to go get cash. She then tells us to follow her. Long story short we get in for free. At the musical ride they also had various police vehicles. Me and my friend (his dad also happens to be in the RCMP) get to talking with the constable who was next to the police boat for almost an hour, turns out he is the Sargeant in charge of all the police boats in the province. he then gives us his business card. and tells us he is gonna come with friends to where we work on his off-time with friends and said if we ever needed anything to send him an email. Very nice person. Gave him free passes to where I work.
Old 09-23-2011, 11:01 PM   #37
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOERanger View Post
I got a million and one positive stories of experiences before and after the Army. Most of respectful and professional LEOs, some of me being the same in the MP's. In five years of patrolling as a MP and hundreds of hours on the road (Patrol) I only gave out two tickets for complete and utter asshats that were breaking multiple laws and just didn't care.

The one story that cleaned up my act and got me on the path I have taken was when I was young and dumb at 15 y/o. Bunch of my friends and I had been drinking stupidly all night. I had already thrown up twice and kept on trying to feed alcohol into my system. Someone decided that it would be a great idea to drive into downtown (we were about 25 min. away in the boondocks). So, we piled in the car and had the oldest and most sober drive for us. Down the highway we go in the middle of the night and we pass a cop. We freak out because he has turned around so what do we do? We drive over the side of the highway onto the access road on the right. Two cops seem to appear out of nowhere as they start the interrogation. They are dumbfounded at the amount of drunk teens in the car as they round to me. One of the cops asks me to state the alphabet, and as I get passed ABC, I start mixing in colors and objects. The cop said to his buddy, "This one's fucking hammered man." So what do they do? They do a sobriety test on the oldest and most sober, and tell him to get us back A-fucking-SAP. Nothing on the record, didn't have to go to jail, no life changing event (To include dying from multiple reasons that night).
Those guys could've railed us but they didn't. Then on out, I wanted to help like they did. I can remember multiple times I drove drunks home on the road, wrote down their names, and warned them about if I caught up with them again.
Cheers to the boys in blue!
ha. very interesting story man!! mind me asking wear in the boondocks you wear? lol. i’m just north in Anderson county. 0.4 miles from Norris.
Old 09-23-2011, 11:12 PM   #38
KalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Electrician
Name: Jason
KalamaKid's Tacoma Gallery
Ok here's mine...

Couple weeks ago I was driving around town the day after a camping trip in Washington State. I still had my sleeping bags etc in the back of my cab with a AR-15, .45 ACP and some other toys underneath the blankets in cases with breach locks installed. I just moved to Oregon and do not have a Concealed Carry Permit in Oregon so I made sure that all my weapons were in cases and behind me. I have a Washington State Concealed Carry Permit but Oregon and Washington do not have reciprocity. As I'm heading home from a short trip to the store a local county sheriff caught me roll through a empty stop sign... He flashes lights and I pull over. As he comes up to me I show him my ID and tell him I have rife's in the cab but they are behind me. He ask me for my Concealed Carry Permit and I tell him my rife's are not concealed and I only have a WA permit. He's not happy. Takes me out of my truck, cuffs me, and puts me in the back of his car. Then he calls in my license and finds out I'm clean and have no history etc... Then he yells at me for a bit about how I am facing 4 felonies right now... Just as that happens another officer stops by and talks to him. Then he comes and talks to me calmly. He informs me that I CANNOT have a firearm in my truck unless its completely in open view and that I need to keep me in my truck's bed. Then he apologized for all the hassle and literally let me go. No ticket. No nothing. Heck he didn't even make me take the guns out. Needless to say I was a happy man! I went home and felt relieved. I was really pissed of at first but then I cooled off and sure glad that other (older and I believe a SGT) stopped by
Old 09-26-2011, 02:58 PM   #39
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
I had an experience exactly like OP this morning on my way to school. I was on my way to my first class today that started at 10am, I woke up late and in a hurry. I get to riding down the road and get past the little town that's in my route. Get a little ways into the 55 zone and a SCHWP flips around and lights me up. He get on the bull horn and tells me to roll down my window drop my keys out the window and put my hands on the ceiling. He walked up by the bumper to watch me. I told him that I was hearing impaired and that he needed to speak a little louder for me, he was basically yelling being very authoritative and professional during the entire fiasco. I follow his commands and do as I'm told being that I'm on the business end of an AR-15 that is aimed at my head less than 5 feet away. He waits until his back-up arrives, which didn't take but about a minute. They pulled me out, cuff me, an sit me on the hood of the patrol car. He runs my ID, and my tags. I come out as not being the person they were looking for. Apparently there was a ped hit and run and the vehicle in question is a Silver 1st gen Toyota Tacoma with over sized tires. Driver in question is a known felon with gun charges on his rap sheet, white male with short dark brunette hair 6' 200 lbs. Fits me to the T minus the felon part! I didn't do it. The leo's thank me for my cooperation and compliment me on my truck. We talked for a minute about his AR. He uses and carry's his personal AR that he has built. It was a 3-round burst selectable with a red dot scope, a 4 rail setup on the barrel shroud, a vertical grip on the lower rail mount, flash light on the left, and laser on the right. It looked like something that just come off the battle fields of Iraq. His name and rank were laser engraved on the side, sick as fud! He said that if I ever needed anything to call 911, I said "I'm a little late for school could you write me an excuse to the teacher explaining why I'm late so he will let me in class". He talked to the under car that rode up as his back-up for a second then came back to me and asked what time class started I told him at 10. It was about 9:45-50. He said "We'll do you one better stay close and keep up" and they gave me an escort to school we rode 85-90 for the 15 miles to school. They rode ahead of me in what I think is called Code 3? Lights and sirens blaring. I got there in about 5 minutes and still made it to class on time! South Carolina Highway Patrol some of the fines leo's I've ever met. They remained professional through out the entire ordeal, and apologized when it was said and done even tho I'd rather this happen and it be the wrong person than for them let the guilty party go just because their afraid of being embarrassed and want to save face. In NO way were they obliged to apologize to me.
Old 09-26-2011, 03:04 PM   #40
slmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shed
slmgt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorseforever View Post
I had an experience exactly like OP this morning on my way to school. I was on my way to my first class today that started at 10am, I woke up late and in a hurry. I get to riding down the road and get past the little town that's in my route. Get a little ways into the 55 zone and a SCHWP flips around and lights me up. He get on the bull horn and tells me to roll down my window drop my keys out the window and put my hands on the ceiling. He walked up by the bumper to watch me. I told him that I was hearing impaired and that he needed to speak a little louder for me, he was basically yelling being very authoritative and professional during the entire fiasco. I follow his commands and do as I'm told being that I'm on the business end of an AR-15 that is aimed at my head less than 5 feet away. He waits until his back-up arrives, which didn't take but about a minute. They pulled me out, cuff me, an sit me on the hood of the patrol car. He runs my ID, and my tags. I come out as not being the person they were looking for. Apparently there was a ped hit and run and the vehicle in question is a Silver 1st gen Toyota Tacoma with over sized tires. Driver in question is a known felon with gun charges on his rap sheet, white male with short dark brunette hair 6' 200 lbs. Fits me to the T minus the felon part! I didn't do it. The leo's thank me for my cooperation and compliment me on my truck. We talked for a minute about his AR. He uses and carry's his personal AR that he has built. It was a 3-round burst selectable with a red dot scope, a 4 rail setup on the barrel shroud, a vertical grip on the lower rail mount, flash light on the left, and laser on the right. It looked like something that just come off the battle fields of Iraq. His name and rank were laser engraved on the side, sick as fud! He said that if I ever needed anything to call 911, I said "I'm a little late for school could you write me an excuse to the teacher explaining why I'm late so he will let me in class". He talked to the under car that rode up as his back-up for a second then came back to me and asked what time class started I told him at 10. It was about 9:45-50. He said "We'll do you one better stay close and keep up" and they gave me an escort to school we rode 85-90 for the 15 miles to school. They rode ahead of me in what I think is called Code 3? Lights and sirens blaring. I got there in about 5 minutes and still made it to class on time! South Carolina Highway Patrol some of the fines leo's I've ever met. They remained professional through out the entire ordeal, and apologized when it was said and done even tho I'd rather this happen and it be the wrong person than for them let the guilty party go just because their afraid of being embarrassed and want to save face. In NO way were they obliged to apologize to me.
Sounds like a fun adventure; everything except looking down the business end of an AR.

I had my own experience walking out my front door right as a full SWAT team moved in on a neighbor. I went back inside and let them handle the situation while I got my G19 prepped.