Curt aka Pinal1223

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Law Enforcement Officers

Notices

Positive experiences with Police Officers

Old 06-16-2011, 10:10 AM   #1
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
Smile Positive experiences with Police Officers

With all of these threads floating around with severely negative attitudes towards police officers, let’s pay some respects to those who are out there every day keeping the peace by sharing any positive experience you’ve had with a member of law enforcement. It can be an example of where they helped you out in a dangerous situation or just a friendly wave from an officer tending an out traffic light.

I’ll start out with a couple of positive experiences.

For years, the chief of police lived right next door to me. He and his wife were the nicest people. We got to know them well through just living one house over. Every so often he would have some members of the police force over to his house for cookouts, and we were always invited. It was great sitting down with a group of officers and just listening to their stories. Actually got to know a few (I race against one in our local mountain bike circuit to this day). Every couple days, an officer would stop by his house in a squad car for whatever reason, and if it was someone we had met at one of the BBQs, they would ring our doorbell on the way out just to say hi and see how everything had been going since the last cookout. Every time I spent just 2 minutes talking to an officer at the front door as if he were a lifelong friend, it made a huge impact on me and how much I respect people in their line of work. One time an officer actually brought us donuts on his trip to the chief’s house, which to this day still cracks me up every time I think about it.
For reference, the chief of police I am talking about is the one who had to deal with the Washington DC snipers (John Allen Mohomed and Lee Boyd Malvo) back in 2002. Incredible man.

Another positive experience from about 9 months ago actually started out with a traffic stop and the officer having a gun pointed at me.
This took place in Melbourne, Florida, where I attend school. I was driving along, and saw a police car heading the opposite direction. When he was about even with me his lights came on, but I never heard the siren. About 45 seconds later I’m stopped at a light, waiting to make a left turn and he pulls up behind me with his lights still on, but no siren. At first I thought he was trying to get by, so I pulled up and over to the side a little to let him by. He flashed his headlights, signaling that was not the issue. I was about half way through the left turn once the light turned green when I heard him on his PA speaker, telling me to pull over at the parking lot ahead. I was incredibly confused, but of course did as requested.
Once in the lot, he got on the speaker again and told me to slowly step out of the vehicle with my hands clearly visible. By the time I had gotten out of the truck he was out of his car, gun drawn. I was then instructed to walk to the side of the bed and place my hands on it with my legs apart and back 2 feet from the truck. I stood like that for about 30 seconds until his backup got there. With his gun still on me, the new officer proceeded to frisk me. Once it was clear I was not armed, I was instructed to sit on the hood or the squad car, and the gun was holstered. The original officer then asked if I had any weapons in the truck and if he may search it for any. I have a 6’’ fixed blade hunting knife, even larger military style fixed blade, and ax, crow bar, and 2 hammers in the truck. I told him this and exactly where each was located. He then thanked me for being so cooperative, and proceeded to conduct a short search.

When he finished he thanked me again and said we’re almost done and went into his squad car (the other officer is keeping an eye on me while this is happening of course). He returned no more than 10 seconds later with a piece of paper. He said I’m terribly sorry for all of this, you are not the suspect we are looking for, and handed me a piece of paper. On the piece of paper was a description of a suspect that had pulled a gun on someone on the highway just 20 minutes earlier. The description was:
white male, mid 20s, 5’7’’ to 5’10’’, short blonde hair, facial hair, driving a newer blue Toyota pickup truck……..this description matched me so perfectly I just started laughing.
He said that when he saw me look his over at him when he was driving the other way, (though it was just curiosity), with how well I fit the description, he had to pull me over. I can’t blame him. Both officers apologized for everything, and thanked me, saying they have never had a stop of that importance and potential danger level go so easily. You could tell they felt bad for potentially scaring the shit of me. I told them no need to apologize, and that I’d rather go through something like that than have them potentially let the actual suspect get away.

I’m very sorry for turning this into such a long post, however both of these cases of my interaction with the police forces in those locations have had a huge impact on how I respect and treat every police officer.

If you have taken the time out of your day to read this entire post, I thank you, and I hope it impacts you just a small percentage of how much the actual experience has impacted me.

My hat’s off to the police forces around the country. Keep up the good work and be safe!

Now let’s hear about how the police have helped you or someone you know out, or even just something little that gave you confidence in your local PD

Thank you for your time,
Colin
Old 06-16-2011, 10:11 AM   #2
is one of the sharper tools in the shed
truckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
truckboattruck's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5vDsUJb4jw
Old 06-16-2011, 10:23 AM   #3
rackatak has a spectacular aura aboutrackatak has a spectacular aura aboutrackatak has a spectacular aura about
rackatak's Tacoma Gallery
Mine isn't as crazy as yours but there was an officer who pulled me over for speeding, I was doing 80 in a 70...anyways since I have a CHL and it is linked to the systems for my DL in Texas I immediately pulled my wallet out and placed it on the dash put my hands on the wheel so he could see them. Well when the officer walks up he asks for my license and registration, I reach up to the dash and pull out my DL and CHL and hand it to him. He sees the CHL asks if I have any weapons on my person and where/caliber/loaded that sort of stuff. So I tell him what I have on my person and in the truck. 45ACP 1911 on my hip, Ruger LCP on my ankle and a 12ga shotgun and RRA AR in the backseat in cases the pistols are the only ones loaded. He asks why I have so many guns and I explain I work at a gun store, he asks which one and I tell him. He asks why I am in such a hurry I tell him I am late for work and don't want to get fired(my boss was very strict about that stuff). So he tells me to just slow down and that he will see me later. I didn't realize later meant that afternoon when he was off his shift. Apparently he goes in there all the time to shoot. He came up to the store and talked with me about guns and random stuff for about an hour. Even explained to my boss why I was late and told my boss to cut me some slack. The very next day we had a shooting at the store and he was one of the responding officers, he treated everyone with the utmost respect and acted in a professional manner all the time. I can't remember his name but I still see him sitting in the same spot on the highway running speed traps to this day. I do always go a little slower past him than usual, guess I learned my lesson.
Old 06-16-2011, 10:30 AM   #4
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Evan: that's pretty funny!

Trey: that's a good story. What goes around comes around. In this case it looks like respect and understanding of each other's professions.
Old 06-16-2011, 10:36 AM   #5
DGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Friend
DGXR's Tacoma Gallery
It's refreshing to see a thread like this...

I've only been pulled over three times my whole life:
1) fix-it ticket for tail lamp not functioning, easily taken care of
2) ran an orange light trying to keep up with friends ahead, cop checked my clean record and gave me a warning but no ticket
3) carpool (HOV) lane violation... I was attending college at that time and normally did not drive during rush hour when HOV lanes are active. So I forgot about the active times for HOV lanes and breezed through an intersection, by myself, in the active HOV lane. Moto cop pulled me over (I know the drill-hands on wheel, no sudden movements, speak only when spoken to) and asked if I knew why he lit me up. I replied yes and told him about my normal driving hours and current state of forgetfulness. He runs my record and comes back, notices that I've removed my seatbelt (just wanted to be more comfortable during the ticketing process), then asks if my seatbelt was fastened while I was driving. I said yes I always wear it. He said That's too bad... if you weren't wearing it I'd just give you a ticket for no seatbelt and a warning on the HOV lane. Then my memory returns and I say, well maybe I was not wearing it. He said I don't think you were. I end up with a $25 seatbelt ticket and HOV warning. I was very cooperative and he was a nice cop. That was in 1993 and I have not been pulled over since.
Old 06-16-2011, 10:39 AM   #6
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
I like wear this thread has gone! and hope it stays this way! i have a family member that is a county sheriff. i too have the up most respect for what they do everyday they work! my family member is 6 days on 4 off. and it rotates day shift evening and night. i have only been pulled over 1 time. never got a ticket! i know allot of cops. and one of my ex gf brother is one and went thru training with my family member. i know like 10/15+ officers
Old 06-16-2011, 10:41 AM   #7
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Fuck tha PO-Leece!

I have positive experiences every time I work with them. Cops and EMS are pretty buddy buddy.

They don't write us tickets for speeding, we don't let them die on the job.
Old 06-16-2011, 10:43 AM   #8
Hold my beer and watch this
TanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: William
TanSR5x4's Tacoma Gallery
good thread

i was pulled over one time i was speeding but i dont remember the numbers probably like 10 or 15 over and i had 4% window tint. so i quickly slowed down and dropped both windows and the cop pulled up and i turned off the car and keys on the dash and hands on the wheel and i just remember he was so respectful i was blown away. i think he was pretty new to the badge. he wrote me a ticket for speeding and caught me with the tint but i just remember pulling away after it all and thinking wow even though i got a ticket that was the nicest LEO ive ever met

i ALWAYS treat them with respect. most the time i still get harassed but i know theyre not all bad and that made me realize it
Old 06-16-2011, 10:51 AM   #9
Racer X will become famous soon enough
Firefighter:
Racer X's Tacoma Gallery
One afternoon I was going to meet some friends at a local shooting range, and had 4 pistols in the truck. Running behind, I was going a little over the speed limit when I passed a NCSHP Trooper. He hit the brakes, so I pulled over and put my hands out of the window. As he approached the truck, I told him that I had firearms in the vehicle. He looked in and said no problem and asked for my licence and registration. I had to reach across the firearms to get to my registration, so I told him what I was doing. He went back to his car for about 2 minutes and when he returned he said the he clocked me doing 65 in a 45. I'm thinking oh $hit, not good. He hands me a warning ticket and tells me to slow down. The only thing that I can think of why he gave me a warning was that I told him about the firearms before he got to the truck and saw them himself. I thought that was pretty cool of him.

One other time I was going to the beach and came up on a DWI checkpoint. I told the officer as he approached the car that I had a firearm. He looked in an said "is that one of the new Glock 27's"? I told him yes and he asked if he could see it. I said sure, handed it to him and he called over the other officers and they all checked it out, thanked me and I went on to the beach.
Old 06-16-2011, 10:53 AM   #10
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
I was taking the train to LAX last november when the connecting bus in Watts never came. I waited more than an hour for a cab which never came either. With less than an hour before my flight took off and me still being stuck in FUCKING WATTS, i started walking around looking for someone to give me a ride (pretty much hitchhike to the airport). I walked half a mile down the street and saw two cops arresting a black guy on a bicycle.

He was sprawled on the ground, and the cops (LA County Sheriff's Deputies) were searching through his shit. Desperate as I was, I walked up to them, wearing a suit, carrying two bags, 10pm in Watts and said, "Hello Mr. Officers, I am trying to get to LAX, but Im lost, and dont know where to go, can you help me?"

They both looked up at me, confused as shit, looked at each other, and one approached me with a flash light and stared in my eyes. He then asked me the most out of the blue question/statement, "You're not black..."

I was caught off guard and said, "No sir, im half Chinese, half White..."

He then asked me, "What the fuck are you doing in Watts"

I then responded, "Honestly, I dont even know where I am, I just got lost transferring from the blue line to the LAX bus. I've been standing here for more than an hour waiting for a bus or taxi."

He asked me if I had any weapons on me, if I was high or anything, or if I had any warrants out. I said no to all of the questions.

He then said, "ok, hop in the back" and pointed to his squad car. Mind you, the black guy is still sprawled out on the ground, being arrested.

I said "with him? sir?". Cop said "Yes"

They tossed him in the back, put my bags in the trunk, bungee corded the dude's bike in the front of the cop car, and gunned it, lights blazing to LAX. Got me there in 10 minutes.

During the ride, they were flipping the dude, asking him who gave him the drugs, and where that person was, and convinced him to take the cops there after they dropped me off at LAX.

When they dropped me off, I got their names and call their watch officer to commend them.

Here's a pic of LAX from the back of a county sheriff's squad car:
Old 06-16-2011, 10:57 AM   #11
TacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
TacoTabe's Tacoma Gallery
+ Rep to you, sir for starting a non-hater thread
Old 06-16-2011, 10:59 AM   #12
ColoradoTaco is a jewel in the roughColoradoTaco is a jewel in the roughColoradoTaco is a jewel in the roughColoradoTaco is a jewel in the rough

Name: Ryan
ColoradoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
A Texas cop pulled me over for no brake lights. I explained i had removed the fuse becasue the stupid door beep sensor thingamabob wouldnt stop beebing while i was working on the truck with the door open listining to music. He said no problem those door thingamabob beeb senor things anoy me to. He then asked for the fuse I happend to have it in the ashtray. I handed it over he asked where the fuse box was. under steering wheel to the left. With me still in the truck he bent over and placed the fuse in the empty slot and bingo door starts beeping. He says to me yup that sure is anoying but you need brake lights and then returned to his squad car and drove off. I was a young whippersnapper then so he must not have felt threatend at all to bend over in front of me like that.
Every single encounter ive had have been pleasent every one....Just treat them with respect and you get some in return imagine that.
Old 06-16-2011, 11:05 AM   #13
XXXXL Member
darkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

darkgreentaco's Tacoma Gallery
A cop was shot in my front yard running after some murder suspect. I called an ambulance for him, and went out and kept him company until help showed up. When he got out of the hospital, he came by and thanked me for talking to him while he was bleeding to death. I guess they told him this kept him from going into shock or something. What was weird, was that before he got shot in our yard, whenever he was patrolling our neighborhood, he would wave at my roommates and I, if we were ever out working on our cars, or drinking beers on the porch.
Old 06-16-2011, 11:09 AM   #14
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
^ jesus
Old 06-16-2011, 11:15 AM   #15
No longer anonymous. D'oh!
carcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
carcharias's Tacoma Gallery
I was with a number of Deputies in a very bad part of Los Angeles. They were called in to back up another crew on a home that was harboring a man who had raped his stepdaughter and stolen the baby it produced. Everyone tactfully stormed the home and made their way to the top floor where this man sliced his own throat and began choking out the young child. Officers did their do, but the child wasn't breathing when one of the deputies raced passed me with what looked like a bundle of blankets. He jumped into the car and sped off. In between the time it took to leave and track down a rolling ambulance who had to be convinced to help (that's another story), this officer brought this child back to life. I watched a few men turn into heroes that night and I will never forget it. The boy is alive and well.

A woman jumped from a 4-story structure in the mid-West just after she made eye contact w/ a woman and her teenage daughter. While the jumper died en-route to the hospital, the officers told the witnesses the woman had survived so they wouldn't be scarred for life.

The drunk man whom we all watched piss on a wall in the middle of a heavily populated tourist spot and then vehemently denied it. Our officer didn't bring this visiting engineer from the mid-West in despite this guy deserving it.

I was pulled over on my R1 after leaving Taco Bell. Then came many more officer's, the helicopter and the dogs. Turns out they were looking for someone who had outrun the Highway Patrol, but I wasn't the person. Everyone treated me with respect at every moment of that 45-minute event.

My stories on this are endless.

I used to think that officers were jackasses until I understood the type of people they deal with on a regular basis. Now, when I see something like an officer driving while on a cellphone in this illegal state I cut them some slack since a gripe like that is essentially meaningless. Glad you started this, OP.

Much respect to officers.
Old 06-16-2011, 11:26 AM   #16
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
I was involved in an underage theft, pulled over and there was a lady officer. She did haul me in and I was charged with a underage misdemenor. But she never put me in cuffs, and spoke to me as an adult (I was 15 at the time). I'm a pretty large guy with a natural broadness to me. I asked her why she never put me in cuffs and she said just by looking at me she knew I was just being a teenager and was no threat to her. I randomly met her again when I was 19 and we sat down and had coffee together.
Old 06-16-2011, 02:41 PM   #17
TacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Billyson
TacoBS's Tacoma Gallery
About 20 yrs, I was marathon driving home with a buddy from a surf trip to Oregon/Washington in my '85 toy p-u 4x4, about a 20hr trip. Young and dumb, we were both partying pretty hard with booze and other devices.

Got back to our area around 1am, and I dropped my buddy off at his house. He says "crash here." I say nah 'cause we had just been camping for about 3wks, and I wanted to get away from him as quick as possible. Decided to risk the 20 min drive home. Highway 1 around here is usually empty at that hour.

So I mount up, close one eye, and go for it (young and dumb remember!) Well, I literally didn't see any other cars the whole way home, but about a mile from my house I see lights coming round the bend from up ahead. I was still on the highway and doing about 65 in a 55 zone. I felt in my gut that it had to be a cop.

I was right, and I saw the black and white pass by and continue 'round the bend, only to see the brakes illuminate the hillside brighter once he was past.

I am totally wasted at this point, so what do I do...gun it and try to ditch him in the last mile to my house. Then I see the lights just hauling ass up to me in full battle mode. So I turn off my lights and try to ditch him on the side roads. No sign of him as I creep up to my house. But right as I'm pulling up to my house, he comes out of nowhere and nabs me. Couldn't even make it into my drive way...

So he asks me what the deal (no shake down, get out of the car hands in air, etc.) and why I was trying to run. I told him straight up the whole truth with no bullshit. He proceeded to give me a sobriety test (no way I passed), then proceeded to tell me to go home and go to bed. He even let me park the truck! Coolest cop ever (sherriff.)

Much older and wiser now, but I did learn a number of valuable lessons that night: Don't drink and drive; Always tell the truth to a police officer; Give them the respect they deserve.

I've had a few other lighter run-ins where cops have been cool. As mentioned before, they deserve respect because it is a tough job and they have to deal with a$$holes day-in and day-out.

Thank you officers for all your hard work, we appreciate it.
Old 06-16-2011, 07:33 PM   #18

yall have some great stories! sounds like a lot of us have learned a lot from encounters with the law (both good and bad). thanks for sharing, like DGXR said, it's refreshing to read these.

vvvvvv and this was just a flat out helarious story!
Old 06-17-2011, 10:32 PM   #19
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoTabe View Post
+ Rep to you, sir for starting a non-hater thread
this! i have not see. many non-hater threads about cops. that are started buy NONE cops. on here.

i'm not saying there is not some. i just have not seen them. i did post one on National police week.
Old 06-17-2011, 11:00 PM   #20
Caduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: I be a doctor
Caduceus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post
They don't write us tickets for speeding, we don't let them die on the job.
lol
I've also had nothing but positive.

Once running a call, we had to pull over and call for medics. Well, somehow the message got garbled. I'm in the back, helping my partner ( I was driving), and see a moto cop going the other way with his lights - flips a bitch in traffic (In Cali, where the streets are usually 2 or 3 lanes each direction) and pulls up. Rips the doors open, pistol out. I guess the cops thought they were being called for. About 3 other patrol cars showed up within a minute before their dispatcher cancelled the call. Pretty cool how amazingly fast they were - probably within a minute of our initial call. The medics weren't that fast.

Lessee... other good run-ins....
- driving to my then-gf's house for easter, just after a snowstorm. Was doing about 35-40 on a friday night in a podunk one horse-town near the MI/WI border. Got pulled over by a cop doing drunk checks. Once he realized we were passing through, he just told us the speed limit was 25 and to keep it slower. No problems.
- pulled over at 16 in my dad's Mercedes. Little brother was in the car. Scared shitless. I knew the cop was there, since I'd made a left and he pulled in behind me, so I was riding my brake and pegging the speed limit. Turns out dad forgot to put the registration sticker on the car. Warning and a let go.
- got pulled over hauling butt up the Eastern Shore. was meeting a buddy for some fun on the Jersey shore. Was still in uniform. The cop pulled me over for doing about 15-20 over (totally a legit pullover), but let me off with a "failure to obey local ordinance." Somthing like a $75 fine, which I was really happy to pay.

Best story? I was doing a med school interview, so I scoped out the school the day before (see where we meet in the morning so I wasn't late). I called for a cab to get back to the hotel. 3 cops cars show up instead, I'm waiting outside, all of them whip out pistols and have me do the turn around/back up routine. Get frisked, put over their hood, etc. Looking for a murder suspect that had been shot, and since I was a white guy in a black jacket, mid 20s, brown hair, calling from a hospital.... thank god I don't have tattoos, cuz that's what got me off. Even gave me a ride back to my hotel when they were done.