Notices

Accident involving patrol car

Old 06-30-2011, 10:46 AM   #1
toysrgood is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
Name: Paul
toysrgood's Tacoma Gallery
Accident involving patrol car

Heard at work from a retired LEO that there was an accident at a major intersection involving a patro car and a Lincoln Navigator. This was in Sumter Sc.

I DO NOT know whether the LEO was on a call, if he had lights on etc. This was by word of mouth and just happened less than an hour and a half ago.

Supposedly what happened was the patrol car ran the red light and T-boned the Navigator killing the SUV driver. The LEO was airlifted in critical condition. The speed limit on the road the LEO was on was 60 reduced to 55 just before the light.

Please Keep your thoughts and prayers open for the officer involved and his family as well as the driver killed and his family.
Old 06-30-2011, 10:47 AM   #2
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Sad to hear. Prayers sent.
Old 06-30-2011, 10:48 AM   #3
Bazinga
ckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ckeeton's Tacoma Gallery
i heard about this exact thing but it was like two days ago.. weird if it happened twice.

either way, prayers sent
Old 06-30-2011, 10:52 AM   #5
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
prayers sent to both and their family...
Old 06-30-2011, 10:52 AM   #6
Air Force:
Found the story.

http://10togo.wistv.com/wap/news/tex...tle=Local+News
Old 06-30-2011, 10:58 AM   #7
Caduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: I be a doctor
Caduceus's Tacoma Gallery
So what's the typical result of this? Officer fired? Vehicular manslaughter charges?
Old 06-30-2011, 11:06 AM   #8
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
I'd just like to assure yall that this was not me

For some reason...no one is talking about who the deputy is yet...I've made several calls and can't find out shit except for what's on the news
Old 06-30-2011, 11:09 AM   #9
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Caduceus,

Once it's been sorted out and fault is determined, then charges will be filed

I assure you that the sheriff of Richland county is not above having his deputies arrested
Old 06-30-2011, 11:14 AM   #10
Air Force:
Well the blip of info I had from the retired LEO was from his wife who I guess works dispatch in one of the surrounding counties.

Hence it may be a little more than the news Is allowed to say
Old 06-30-2011, 11:18 AM   #11
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
that sucks, for both parties involved.

I used to live right by there too...
Old 06-30-2011, 11:26 AM   #12
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

Folks, please keep in mind (and no offense to the OP) but fault has not been determined

Please do not crucify this deputy yet...
Old 06-30-2011, 11:49 AM   #13
Resident Jackass
SoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: steven
SoutheastTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Unhappy

We had a driver who was there and I got the same story as the op stated. And tiger is right rcsd doesn't play, I got nabbed for doing 32 in a 25 on the entrance to my subdivision last week
Old 06-30-2011, 12:38 PM   #14
Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
Folks, please keep in mind (and no offense to the OP) but fault has not been determined

Please do not crucify this deputy yet...

Yep, that was definitely not my intention, sorry if it may have seemed that way.

I only had a small amount of info so it leaves lots of room for interpretation.
Old 06-30-2011, 04:29 PM   #15
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by toysrgood View Post
Yep, that was definitely not my intention, sorry if it may have seemed that way.

I only had a small amount of info so it leaves lots of room for interpretation.
No worries

Just want everyone to keep it mind that so far its a "i heard from someone who heard from someone" that XXX happened

Until SCHP releases results of the investigation (and there's no telling how long that will take)...let's withhold judgement of either party

What we know so far:

A deputy and a citizen collided

Citizen died on scene

Deputy is in serious-critical condition ( to the point he was airlifted)

Both families and everyone in the department are going to have a very hard time with this and I'm sure they will all appreciate the prayers/sympathy/support during this time
Old 06-30-2011, 04:30 PM   #16
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoutheastTaco View Post
And tiger is right rcsd doesn't play, I got nabbed for doing 32 in a 25 on the entrance to my subdivision last week
what neighborhood was that?
Old 06-30-2011, 04:32 PM   #17
I need to go return some videotapes...
Seabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
Was there a taco involved?
Old 06-30-2011, 04:34 PM   #18
( . )( . )
Stillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: J.D.
Stillfly199's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, sucks to hear that. We just had a very similar incident happen out here a few weeks ago. Hopefully he makes it through. Thoughts and prayers with the Deputy. And I fully agree with Tigerfan. I just dealt with an incident where two officers collided on motors and one passed away. I was the first unit from my agency on scene and we had heard about 5 different variations of stories from people that were at the scene.
Old 06-30-2011, 08:06 PM   #19
Resident Jackass
SoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: steven
SoutheastTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Turtle creek.
Old 06-30-2011, 08:54 PM   #20
Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
No worries

Just want everyone to keep it mind that so far its a "i heard from someone who heard from someone" that XXX happened

Until SCHP releases results of the investigation (and there's no telling how long that will take)...let's withhold judgement of either party

What we know so far:

A deputy and a citizen collided

Citizen died on scene

Deputy is in serious-critical condition ( to the point he was airlifted)

Both families and everyone in the department are going to have a very hard time with this and I'm sure they will all appreciate the prayers/sympathy/support during this time

This for sure