Curt aka Pinal1223

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Law Enforcement Officers

Notices

Fun ways to start a shift!

Old 07-06-2011, 01:39 PM   #1
eagle5521 has much to be proud ofeagle5521 has much to be proud ofeagle5521 has much to be proud ofeagle5521 has much to be proud ofeagle5521 has much to be proud ofeagle5521 has much to be proud ofeagle5521 has much to be proud ofeagle5521 has much to be proud ofeagle5521 has much to be proud ofeagle5521 has much to be proud of
Law Enforcement:
Name: Scott
eagle5521's Tacoma Gallery
Fun ways to start a shift!

Let's hear some of the exciting beginnings you've had to a shift!

Just a few days ago the off going shift had three bail from a stolen vehicle. Within a few hours we had their leftovers cleaned up with three in jail!
Old 07-06-2011, 07:50 PM   #2
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
I've started shifts with confirmed armed robberies, burglaries in progress, and a couple months ago as I was pulling out of my apartment complex they toned out an officer needs help call around the corner from me

we change at 7, and i was coming out a bit early to gas up and head to squad meeting...radio tones and it was less than 2 blocks from me

within approx. 2 minutes, an area that normally is patrolled by 6-7 officers had over 30 in it, and 1 cracked out homeless dude was in custody

I much prefer starting a shift with craziness than ending...back in march, I was enroute to a civil disturbance and about a minute before i got there, central upgraded the call to a fight in progress and possible riot situation (call was at a night club)

As me and another officer pull into the lots, we could smell the gunfire that had apparently JUST taken place...we cut on the blues and start flipping the sirens to clear out the lot...I park and get out of my car to assist a club security guard in breaking up a small fight...as I'm moving back towards the back parking lot with the other officer, gunfire erupts out of the back parking lot...not just a couple handgun rounds...but around 20-30 in very quick succession...we quickly draw and cover as more gunfire erupts...cars are flying out of the lot, and as we move around the building to look for victims, 2 security guards start returning fire with 2 vehicles who are STILL shooting as they leave the lot

End result, 1 security guard in jail, 3 thugs were shot (none fatally) and 1 security guard cleared

This all occurred around 530-6am...

Learned tho, that if you start yelling shots fired shots fired into the radio, and other officers can hear the shooting over the radio...central will tone out an officer needs assistance to all neighboring jurisdictions...it was quite comforting to know that units could get there as quick as they did
Old 07-08-2011, 04:22 AM   #3
if your not the lead dog, the view never changes
k9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fabio
k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle5521 View Post
Let's hear some of the exciting beginnings you've had to a shift!

Just a few days ago the off going shift had three bail from a stolen vehicle. Within a few hours we had their leftovers cleaned up with three in jail!
no dog bite???wtf?? lol, great job! great way to start a shift.