Curt aka Pinal1223

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Law Enforcement Officers

Notices

PD Background Phase

Old 07-14-2011, 08:07 AM   #1
drtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dru
drtydru's Tacoma Gallery
PD Background Phase

I finally got to the next step in becoming a SFPD officer. I have been waiting for a long time and thought it was a pipe dream but the powers that be allowed the city to continue hiring. I have been as far as the oral interview with the CHP, but ultimately came up 5 points short as far as continuing that process. There were a few things that I didnt think of that I was more than happy to talk about but had failed to put on my PHS. It was an invaluable experience which I hope will help me through this next step of obtaining my dream job.

I would like to know what advice you can all give to someone at this phase. I have a friend who has already been active for almost 5 years and he has given me some advice, but I feel like the more information I have the better off I will be.

Thank you all
Old 08-22-2011, 07:26 PM   #2
Inspectorgadgets is on a distinguished road
Navy: Machinist Mate 2nd Class; Veteran of Foreign War
Name: Mike
Inspectorgadgets's Tacoma Gallery
Be very honest and do not lead into questions by answering more than is necessary; the Law Enforcement Code of Ethics as far as I am concerned has been my bible since 1981. I have memorized this to the point it has become my life and I now have a wonderful retirement and career I can look back on and say, "I am proud of my service"! I am a former USN Vet with 10 years of honorable service, taken out a suspected terrorist out of an airplane at NAS Alameda; served in Iran during the Iran hostage conflict, Retired California Department of Corrections and former Department of Defense Peace Officer Long Beach CA.
Old 08-25-2011, 09:19 PM   #3
Weapon Mechanic
Maticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Ranger, Firearms Instructor, Firearms Inspector
Maticuno's Tacoma Gallery
+1 for the Law Enforcement Code of Ethics. Both to live by but also as interview prep. Oral interview boards love to hear "buzz words". Don't recite the code to them (you'll have to do that later), but find a way to drop a phrase or two into your interview. Also look into the hiring department's mission statement and do the same.