Curt aka Pinal1223

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Law Enforcement Officers

Notices

Workouts for LEO

Old 07-14-2011, 12:21 PM   #1
TWLTRD11 is on a distinguished road

TWLTRD11's Tacoma Gallery
Workouts for LEO

Currently in the pre-employment process for the US Customs and Border Patrol. I've been at the for a while now and just looking for something more specific to the job. Any direction is greatly appreciated. Just looking for some advice from you guys/gals already in an LEO position.
I realize I need to move more towards a functional routine and thats what I am looking for. I have been doing mostly heavier weights and some runnings/cardio every day.
Old 07-15-2011, 05:55 PM   #3
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Stay away from dunkin donuts
Old 07-15-2011, 05:56 PM   #4
manofsteel is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
manofsteel's Tacoma Gallery
look into crossfit
Old 07-15-2011, 06:00 PM   #5
toughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
toughtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by manofsteel View Post
look into crossfit
Too much money, if you wanted to go that route, functional fitness. I was in better shape while I was working at a quarry, then any academy I ever went through. Just my .02
Old 07-15-2011, 06:02 PM   #6
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughtaco View Post
Pushups, situps, run,stair climbers and supine bicycles. That will help you get through any academy. If thats what you are asking.

this is pretty much all I do and, while the SC PT standards are probably lower than most places...I can smoke our PT tests
Old 07-15-2011, 06:13 PM   #7
TacoTacoTaco
Cossi is one of the sharper tools in the shedCossi is one of the sharper tools in the shedCossi is one of the sharper tools in the shedCossi is one of the sharper tools in the shedCossi is one of the sharper tools in the shedCossi is one of the sharper tools in the shedCossi is one of the sharper tools in the shedCossi is one of the sharper tools in the shedCossi is one of the sharper tools in the shedCossi is one of the sharper tools in the shedCossi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cossi's Tacoma Gallery
Here is LAPDs standards for recruits. Looks like good stuff.

http://www.joinlapd.com/pdf/LAPD%20F...20Brochure.pdf
Old 07-24-2011, 08:33 AM   #8
TacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
TacPro45's Tacoma Gallery
You can do crossfit without spending alot of money. Get the work out of the day off the site and buy a door jam mounted pull up bar. You can do alot!
Old 07-24-2011, 08:37 AM   #9
"Old Timer," compliments of 11Taco2.7
rleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Master Sergeant, Training Superintendent, 67th Network Warfare Wing
Name: Bob
rleeharris's Tacoma Gallery
When I was a LEO, my biggest challenge was never strength (always been natural big and strong), it was endurance... being able to outrun and outlast the other guy. So to build that up, I did a graduated running program which called for jogging/sprinting/walking in accelerated intervals. In 3-4 months, I could hang in there with anyone. I would also consider using a step machine and doing the same type of thing. I'm no fitness expert, but it worked for me. Good luck!
Old 07-24-2011, 08:46 AM   #10
EndlessSummer is just really niceEndlessSummer is just really niceEndlessSummer is just really niceEndlessSummer is just really nice

Name: Jason
EndlessSummer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by manofsteel View Post
look into crossfit
cops can't do crossfit

but seriously meow probably focus more on endurance workouts rather than max. weight. just my 2 cents
Old 08-13-2011, 10:11 PM   #12
Dangerous
ronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ron
ronman737's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWLTRD11 View Post
Currently in the pre-employment process for the US Customs and Border Patrol. I've been at the for a while now and just looking for something more specific to the job. Any direction is greatly appreciated. Just looking for some advice from you guys/gals already in an LEO position.
I realize I need to move more towards a functional routine and thats what I am looking for. I have been doing mostly heavier weights and some runnings/cardio every day.
Im in the process for border patrol and cbp also. I have been doing sit ups and pushups running daily. I rotate legs and upperbody and rest every 4th day. I also hold some 40 lb dumbbells and do the box drill that is on the fitness test. I passed my OB in atlanta a month or 2 ago and am waiting on my pt1. Go to honorfirst.com if you havnt yet.
Old 08-25-2011, 01:39 PM   #13
Thank you to all our miltary personnel for serving
TyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ty
TyT's Tacoma Gallery
Look into my gym workouts thread in health, its right at the top as a sticky all those guys in there can help you out with anything you need! miltary law or civis! It dont matter just ask them what you want to gain/ lose and what you have been doing and we all can try to make you up a plan!

Ty
Old 09-14-2011, 07:32 PM   #14
humphrey242 is on a distinguished road

Name: Garrett
humphrey242's Tacoma Gallery
My workouts consist of supersets and circuit training. I do 4 circuits each circuit contains a weighted exercise, body weight exercise, plyometric movement. My workout is a total body workout meaning i will train all larger and some smaller muscles that day, rest next day then come back on 3rd day. I take 1 minute rest in between each set so for example legs would be 10 weighted squats, 10 walking lunges with dumbells, 10 hamstring curls on boso ball and 10 jump squats, wait 1 minute then begin again. I train this way 3 days a week. In between these days I focus more on cardio, running swimming, or for me BJJ is the best workout and conditioning exercise out there.
Old 10-07-2011, 12:28 AM   #15
Ckytard is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement:
Name: Brian
Ckytard's Tacoma Gallery
Are you applying to both U.S. Customs (Customs and Border Protection Officer) and Border Patrol because for starters they are two VERY different jobs and secondly if you attend the CBPO academy, it is very lax on physical standards. Border Patrol on the other hand is tested mainly on a mile and a half run, 200 yard dash, and a confidence (obstacle) course.