Curt aka Pinal1223

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Law Enforcement Officers

Notices

Best cop shows

Old 08-23-2011, 10:44 AM   #1
if your not the lead dog, the view never changes
k9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
Best cop shows

Best cop show??
I remember watching Hillstreet Blues with my Dad (Retired 25 year vet. West Orange PD) when I was a kid. I don't think anything else has ever come close since then.
Old 08-23-2011, 10:52 AM   #3
k9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughtaco View Post
The Wire on HBO that's the best newer show out in my opinion.
i'll have to check that out.
Old 08-23-2011, 10:57 AM   #4
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Taco View Post
I always thought "Cops" was pretty cool, its always on the DVR
X2. About as real as it can get I guess.
Old 08-23-2011, 01:25 PM   #5
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Cops and those other TruTV shows are a joke

The camera guys pay people to act like jackasses

The First 48 is pretty cool...but not really the "action" like in cops
Old 08-23-2011, 01:26 PM   #6
Cheyenne Trail Crew
AlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 37th Helicopter Squadron
Name: Adam
AlphaEcho2k5's Tacoma Gallery
Cops in the 80's, I watched that growing up.
Old 08-23-2011, 01:30 PM   #8
horwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Seth
horwitzs's Tacoma Gallery
I never liked it but a lot of people I used to know raved about NYPD Blue.
I think they were just dum-dums who thought it was cool that a show had bad language and occasional nudity in it before it was commonplace.

How about older ones like Hawaii Five-O?
Reno 911?
Old 08-23-2011, 02:01 PM   #9

k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
dude, reno 911 is freaking hilarious...never really got in to NYPD Blue. Cops is funny. It's real... but people act differently when being filmed (or paid).
Old 08-23-2011, 02:03 PM   #10
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rookie blue isnt too bad either
Old 08-23-2011, 02:16 PM   #12
TacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
TacoTabe's Tacoma Gallery
The Wire is one of the best shows ever, period.

Reno 911 is comedy gold.

First 48 is good.

Cops was good when it started out- specially when it first started, here in Broward County. Those BSO deputies did a lot of shit right on camera. Rodney King effed that up for everybody.

Now we have Police Women of Broward County- which is an effin joke. A friend of mine is on the SET (Selective Enforcement Team) that the blonde chick is with- the ones who do the buy-busts and shit. He told me that the producers of the show pay the arrestees to say stuff and act in a certain way...

The SET guys do a lot of cool shit- definitely some hard-chargers, but the thing about shows like this is that the REAL action nevers makes it to tv cuz the sheriff wont allow it
Old 08-23-2011, 02:17 PM   #13
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoTabe View Post
The SET guys do a lot of cool shit- definitely some hard-chargers, but the thing about shows like this is that the REAL action nevers makes it to tv cuz the sheriff wont allow it

I think that's the probably the case in any department that actually gets into anything good
Old 08-23-2011, 02:20 PM   #14
Student / Vol. FF
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MGMTacoFF's Tacoma Gallery
Southland is a great police drama, it's going into I think its 4th season around January. I also like Rookie Blue but I know its a little unrealistic and dramatic. I've also always liked Cops because its a little like comedy.

The Wire is probably the best all around TV Show I've ever seen, being right up there with Band of Brothers. They are both HBO, what a surprise!
Old 08-23-2011, 02:23 PM   #15

k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
X2....If I watch Cops I usually say that's not the way it happened or there's something not right here.Lol. yeah the old cops shows were the best. I grew up in broward. things sure have changed sown there..
Old 08-23-2011, 02:27 PM   #16
No longer anonymous. D'oh!
carcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
carcharias's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
Cops and those other TruTV shows are a joke

The camera guys pay people to act like jackasses

The First 48 is pretty cool...but not really the "action" like in cops
Sorry, but that's not even the least bit true for "COPS". The TruTV shows do that (all those repo shows), but not the original.
Old 08-23-2011, 02:27 PM   #17
TacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacoFF View Post
Southland is a great police drama, it's going into I think its 4th season around January. I also like Rookie Blue but I know its a little unrealistic and dramatic. I've also always liked Cops because its a little like comedy.

The Wire is probably the best all around TV Show I've ever seen, being right up there with Band of Brothers. They are both HBO, what a surprise!
I forgot about Southland- excellent show as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9cop View Post
X2....If I watch Cops I usually say that's not the way it happened or there's something not right here.Lol. yeah the old cops shows were the best. I grew up in broward. things sure have changed sown there..

Broward County, between the Turnpike and A1A is all ghetto. The whole thing basically. With the exception of Cooper City, Weston, Coral Springs/Coconut Creek/Tamara area, every city has a least a little 'hood. It's sad
Old 08-23-2011, 02:30 PM   #18
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacoFF View Post

X2

With more fiction:
The Shield
Flashpoint (based on Toronto ETF SWAT team)
Old 08-23-2011, 02:35 PM   #19

k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoTabe View Post
I forgot about Southland- excellent show as well

Broward County, between the Turnpike and A1A is all ghetto. The whole thing basically. With the exception of Cooper City, Weston, Coral Springs/Coconut Creek/Tamara area, every city has a least a little 'hood. It's sad
Spent several years in Davie the rest in Coral Springs. Haven't been back since my folks moved 10 years ago. They were getting tired of it.
Old 08-23-2011, 02:49 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9cop View Post
Spent several years in Davie the rest in Coral Springs. Haven't been back since my folks moved 10 years ago. They were getting tired of it.

Coral Springs is still pretty nice. Not all rich people or anything, but the people who live their are pretty well behaved.

Davie is a great city- I grew up next door in Cooper City- but Davie has its little shitholes. Particularly the trailer parks and the parts of the city around 441. Overall still pretty nice and very country