Curt aka Pinal1223

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Law Enforcement Officers

Notices

Quick Question for LEO's

Old 10-06-2012, 12:09 AM   #41
that was'nt a vitamin!!
pippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Pippen
pippen's Tacoma Gallery
Kinda urges favoritism I think alittle, but I guess that depends on the person.
Old 10-06-2012, 12:24 AM   #42
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by k9cop View Post
I personally don't have an issue with officers accepting a free meal. We don't have a policy reguarding the issue other than no bars and no more than 3 cars at the resaraunt. We have thousands of places to eat in orlando. Police officers in this area work 12hr shifts and are hard working. most officers take between 150 and 200 calls for service each month with an additional 100 plus traffic contacts. Time to eat is at a premium. Most places love to have officers in thier restaraunt. provides the touristers a sense of security in an unfamilair town. Plus we give out directions most of the time and it's cheap security. touristers also think if the police eat there it must be good and safe. however, as with most departments we have officers that abuse the priviledge or leave crappy tips. The free food goes away. Most places here realize that and don't offer free food but discount heavily. I never expect a free meal and never eat where I get one. I always leave a tip on what the bill should be and not what it is then, i add a couple more bucs. Our rule of thumb is always have enough money to pay full fare when you go out to eat or bring your food. For me my food rotting in my car, even in a cooler in the hot florida sun after 12hrs is not appetizing. wether or not an officer gives someone a ticket or not is up to the officer. There is nothing that says we have to give a ticket or don't have to give a ticket, reguardless of weather or not a meal was given or not. Quota's are illegal. Nobody can tell an officer to give someone a ticket or not.
Hit the nail right on the head.
Old 10-06-2012, 01:11 AM   #43
Ghoster is a splendid one to beholdGhoster is a splendid one to beholdGhoster is a splendid one to beholdGhoster is a splendid one to beholdGhoster is a splendid one to beholdGhoster is a splendid one to beholdGhoster is a splendid one to behold

Navy: Retired
Ghoster's Tacoma Gallery
A story just to enhance the stereotype.

I had an investigation running for a few weeks that required me to be in at 4:00 am. I would meet with 5 other investigators for a 30 minute meeting at the office and then we would head out. One morning I was feeling particularly generous so I stopped at a Dunkin Donuts and grabbed a box of donuts and coffee for the guys. I did it again a week later, and then again a week later. It wasn't until the third time that I realized they were charging me 50% for everything. I thanked the manager for the discount, he said no need for the thanks, they always give discounts to the best customers.
Old 10-13-2012, 11:25 AM   #44
It burns when I pee....
ABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
Not an LEO but I frequent bars on Tuesday night. I am the director of a large steel tip dart league and a lot of the bar owners know me.

I only drink soda or water and most bars only charge for the first fill or not at all..in return I make sure to give the server $1-$2 each time I go up.
Old 10-13-2012, 03:04 PM   #45
DevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to behold

Law Enforcement: Police officer in MD and Marine in B Co 4th LAR Bn
DevilDogTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maticuno View Post
I always try to pay. There is a restaurant by our district office that is always swarmed with LEO's and Firefighters and they give food free or very discounted. I just make sure I leave a tip equal to the total of the order. I was confused the first time I went through a Taco Bell drive through and they told me at the second window that I didn't owe anything...
x2. I always try to pay, but if the cashier insists on not charging me, I can't force him to take my money. So I leave a tip for the amount of the bill.
Old 10-13-2012, 03:09 PM   #46
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by meatman View Post
I was just wondering if you all feel it is O.K. to go and sit down for a meal during your shift and get the meal for free. The reason I ask this is that my wife constantly see our local LEO's at resturants eating for free (she is the health inspector for our county). Although the owners of the resturants always offer her free meals, it is unethical for her to take them up on the offer. I was wondering if this happens all the time or is this the way it is around here? I would care for your feedback.
Its unethical for police officers to do that as well. For the same reasons its unethical for you wife. And if someone pays for my meal, I leave a tip for the cost of the meal.