Curt aka Pinal1223

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Law Enforcement Officers

Notices

Law Enforcement Advice

Old 09-14-2011, 01:08 PM   #1
iForceTUNDRA is a name known to alliForceTUNDRA is a name known to alliForceTUNDRA is a name known to alliForceTUNDRA is a name known to alliForceTUNDRA is a name known to alliForceTUNDRA is a name known to all
iForceTUNDRA's Tacoma Gallery
Law Enforcement Advice

Finally began the long journey of chasing my dream career of becoming a deputy with the Los Angeles County Sheriffs Department I am taking my written exam on saturday followed by my oral interview. Ive been a VOP(Volunteer On Patrol) with them for almost 2 years now so i have a descent amount of experience. My question to the guys on here who have been through the process is what word of advice do you guys have. Hows the written exam like?(i took the practice ones online) and what kind of questions should i expect during my oral interview? Also, should i take letters of recommendations with my on the day of my oral just to be prepared or is it not necessary ?
Old 09-14-2011, 01:20 PM   #2
MPG? LOL
sean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
sean266's Tacoma Gallery
Grammar
Math
Scenarios
Ethics

As for the oral board-study up on the dept and if asked a scene question answer from a ethical and liability stand point. I.e.-what the book would say to do
-suit and tie
-yes sir/yes ma'am
-be prepared to answer basic questions (why the LASD? What have u done to prepare for today?)
Old 09-14-2011, 07:26 PM   #3
humphrey242 is on a distinguished road

Name: Garrett
humphrey242's Tacoma Gallery
As far as the interview, like stated above, dress for success. My good eye contact throughout and shake hands with a firm grip as you introduce yourself. Be confident in your responses and think from a supervisors stand point, they want a smart, proactive but careful officer, not a hotheaded liability waiting to happen. Research common interview questions and answers such as: Why do you want to be in law enforcement? what are your strengths? weaknesses? What can you offer our Department? If you are in this type of scenario, what would you do? etc... Good luck
Old 09-14-2011, 07:30 PM   #4
Superx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joey
Superx2's Tacoma Gallery
if you see a wwhite tacoma fly by you.... let him go. lol.