Curt aka Pinal1223

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Law Enforcement Officers

Notices

I'm being investigated....

Old 01-27-2012, 02:08 AM   #21
LilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud of
Name: Nikki
LilTuffGirl's Tacoma Gallery
In this county we have one guy who use to be a dispatcher here. He's actually kind of my landlord now since I moved.... again... but doing a rent to own for a few months until I have my down payment.
He's a pain in my butt!!!!!! Love him out of work but want to shake the crap out of him at work.
Only bad thing about working in another county will be 10 codes and signals. We use what the state troopers use - the county i'm on two lists for doesn't. I'm going to be tongue tied for sure at first!

Spoke to a friend who works for the department that already did my investigations and he said he keeps hearing i'm in the clear to be hired whenever they can. Said they just had an officer quit so that leaves an open spot. BUT.... they hired 3 people - only one has started. Not sure if the other two had to go through the academy or whats going on. I know there was a delay since one is a "temp" spot that will turn into a normal spot by the end of the year and the other was to fill the spot for a guy they were trying to and finally did fire.

This part sucks! I'm still planning to test for other departments but it's like i'm so close but yet so far away!

Planning to call the PD tomorrow and give them my new address and last name. (told them I was getting divorced already). That way they know i'm still chomping at the bit to get on with them!!

I'm even more ready to join them after a few weeks ago.... they had a call for guy shooting in an apt complex and took off towards their city. They ended up finding him in a church parkinglot. He kept telling them to shoot him - tried using his cell phone to look like a gun. They did everything they could do calm him down. He then went back to the car and grabbed the gun and aimed it at two of the officers. Those two officers fired 4 rounds between them and killed the guy. They had the radio traffic tape on the news and WOW! I'm impressed!! The officer (young guy as well.. another friend) gets on the radio stating the male suspect is not listening to commands at this time and they do NOT have him in custody at this time. You can hear "shoot me" in the background. Then VERY calmly you hear the officer say "metro send medics to this location. Shots fired and suspect has been hit".

I know a good amount of the officers/deputies in this county wouldn't have been so level headed as far as cell phone pointing went... wouldn't have sounded so calm and collected on the radio (we have a lot of screamers).

For such a young department i'm nothing but impressed with it!
Old 02-08-2012, 10:44 PM   #22
LilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud of
Sooooo... Had my "polygraph" today. The voice stress thingy...
He kept saying how it was 100% accurate and he's never had it be wrong.

Did all my questions and he's scratching his head. He said it shows stress with 2 questions. Have I ever taken illegal drugs (never in my life.. have taken half of my moms muscle relaxer that she gave me.. he figured I was thinking of that so had the rephrase the question) second time it was fine.. other question was have you ever stolen any merchandise. NEVER!!! But said there was stress in my voice both times.. YET when asked if I had been truthful when i wrote all the answers my yes was correct and when asked if I had been truthfull during the test my yes was correct.

I kept telling him I MUCH rather tell the truth about taking merchandise than lie about it. I swear on my life I have never ever taken anything - even as a little kid. I was deathly afraid of my mom!!

He said he'd show it to the Chief and it was up to him either way. Thankfully the chief seems to like me. Even introduced me as "hopefully soon to be patrolman".
I was worried to death What a crap reason to not get hired.
Was texting a friend who works there and he said he wasn't the one who told me but I did pass.

Chief already told me I was tied for the top position out of the 4 they are hiring so I shouldn't worry just needed to pass everything.

Next will be my psych exam. Chief warned me to down play any alch intake. I told him I honestly don't drink much anyways. I hate beer and the taste of alch. Leaves mixed drinks and they are far too expensive lol

Soooo hopefully i'll be hired mid March and academy in April!! It feels SO good!!!!! But on edge right now. So freakin' close.
Old 02-09-2012, 07:25 AM   #23
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilTuffGirl View Post
Sooooo... Had my "polygraph" today. The voice stress thingy...
He kept saying how it was 100% accurate and he's never had it be wrong.

Did all my questions and he's scratching his head. He said it shows stress with 2 questions. Have I ever taken illegal drugs (never in my life.. have taken half of my moms muscle relaxer that she gave me.. he figured I was thinking of that so had the rephrase the question) second time it was fine.. other question was have you ever stolen any merchandise. NEVER!!! But said there was stress in my voice both times.. YET when asked if I had been truthful when i wrote all the answers my yes was correct and when asked if I had been truthfull during the test my yes was correct.

I kept telling him I MUCH rather tell the truth about taking merchandise than lie about it. I swear on my life I have never ever taken anything - even as a little kid. I was deathly afraid of my mom!!

He said he'd show it to the Chief and it was up to him either way. Thankfully the chief seems to like me. Even introduced me as "hopefully soon to be patrolman".
I was worried to death What a crap reason to not get hired.
Was texting a friend who works there and he said he wasn't the one who told me but I did pass.

Chief already told me I was tied for the top position out of the 4 they are hiring so I shouldn't worry just needed to pass everything.

Next will be my psych exam. Chief warned me to down play any alch intake. I told him I honestly don't drink much anyways. I hate beer and the taste of alch. Leaves mixed drinks and they are far too expensive lol

Soooo hopefully i'll be hired mid March and academy in April!! It feels SO good!!!!! But on edge right now. So freakin' close.
so close....
Old 02-09-2012, 01:38 PM   #24
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats! Sounds like you'll get it!
Old 02-09-2012, 04:36 PM   #25
Yea hopefully! I'll be in the academy with another guy with the last name of Boner. Hopefully they direct all their attention to him with that brilliant last name.
Old 03-07-2012, 05:26 PM   #26
And i'm hired!!!
I start on the 19th Academy on April 23rd until Aug 10th!!

Although the psych woman said I was a 2 (1 is normal).. then said well a 1.5.. She said I wasn't very sensitive to peoples feelings (wtf?) but said she thinks it's because of my job at dispatch. lol uhm.. ok? The only question I answered like that was I would tell someone if they were doing something wrong. But hey whatever i'm hired!!!
Old 03-07-2012, 05:33 PM   #27
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
And i'm hired!!!

Although the psych woman said I was a 2 (1 is normal).. then said well a 1.5.. She said I wasn't very sensitive to peoples feelings (wtf?) but said she thinks it's because of my job at dispatch. lol uhm.. ok? The only question I answered like that was I would tell someone if they were doing something wrong. But hey whatever i'm hired!!!
congratulations!!!!
Old 03-07-2012, 05:42 PM   #28
Sunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sunner's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Quote:
And i'm hired!!!

CONGRATS!!!!! A taco enthusiast female cop that rides bikes?! Does not get better then that! I have my interview with LA Sheriff's this Saturday so hopefully I get the ball rolling too. Best of luck to you in your career
Old 03-07-2012, 06:44 PM   #29
Front sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement: SeaBee
Front sight's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats. Don't put too much thought into what the shrink says. And for what it's worth, you have to be a little off to do this job. Most people hear gunfire and run away, we run toward it.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:01 PM   #30
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
And i'm hired!!!

congrats Nikki! Study hard and make us proud!
Old 03-07-2012, 07:02 PM   #31
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Front sight View Post
Congrats. Don't put too much thought into what the shrink says. And for what it's worth, you have to be a little off to do this job. Most people hear gunfire and run away, we run toward it.
Good point
Old 03-07-2012, 09:24 PM   #32
Thanks
And I see her point after an MVC tonight. I think it's more the medics/fire/deputies that make me "insensitive" though lol
That and "omg he's bleeding so bad his leg is pretty much gone" .. where at ma'am? "he's not breathing well!!" Ma'am.. what's your location... "he was hit by a truck"... MA'AM WHERE AT!!!!!!!! "I don't know.. near the bridge" :slams head on desk: "you need to get here quick!!" :takes a deep breath: where near the bridge ma'am?
I finally get an area... and then medics fight over who's area that will be.

2 min later the woman calls back "they aren't here yet! He's not breathing well!! Can't they hurry?" uhh ma'am they are in route.. 2 medics and the fire dept. "ok they need to hurry!" they are ma'am... Oh wait nevermind they are hungry.. tell the guy he'll have to walk it of.. 'tis a flesh wound!!

Dealing with only police calls in one city > dealing with all idiots in the county and trying to pry info out of people. You'd be amazed at how many people have no idea where they live or where they are driving.
I just sent a deputy "somewhere" in a city.. hah I know it's down Rt 62.. good luck!
Old 05-20-2012, 06:05 AM   #33
Roofgunner is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement: ret.
Name: Tom
Roofgunner's Tacoma Gallery
When it comes to being "on the list", and maybe things have changed in the last 20 years and I've been retired since 04, just because you are a certain number on the list doesn't mean they won't look at you or hire you later. They do what they want. You have to realize hiring procedures may be one way up front like being an "equal opportunity employer" but when the decisions are made things may not be equal. The main thing is you made a good impression.