Curt aka Pinal1223

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Law Enforcement Officers

Notices

I'm being investigated....

Old 11-19-2011, 03:23 PM   #1
LilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud of
Name: Nikki
LilTuffGirl's Tacoma Gallery
I'm being investigated....

For a job

I just started my part time job so i've had pretty much no time off.. I was trying to sleep a few hours after I got off at 7am to go back to work at 7pm after only sleeping an hour and a half between jobs the day before when I heard knocking at my door. I said "eh whoever it is can come back later i'll ignore it." nope.. more knocking.. So I grunt and get up and answer the door in my plad PJ pants and a tank top (thank god it's not warm or I would have been in sports bra and shorts).. Yeaaa it's the PD I tested for and they are doing their random stop by and interview part of the hiring process.

They ask me to come in to fill out my pre polygraph paper work soon. I tried to nap a bit before hand but no go.. I just got up and road the motorcycle there.. was a bit cold..

While I was there I met a lot of the officers and they are insanely cool!!! The one detective who ran my last lap during the test with me apparently hit the kill switch on my bike while I was inside and waited for me to come out... Bike wouldn't start... He said "piece of crap bike" I Said apparently... He said "or you can just hit the button on the handlebar there.." ohhh so not right! lol Made me feel like a 'tard

But yea.. they said I'll probably get submitted to the civil board but may not be hired because I am lower on the list (9 out of 56) and they are only taking 3. I'm hoping like hell they chose me though!! I know the chances are slim but man.. I want it bad!

Also on the list for another city... about to apply at one more on monday. All are going to be a bit of a drive from where I live but good thing i'm only renting.
Old 11-19-2011, 03:33 PM   #3
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
Even if you don't get hired, you were asked to come in. That means you have a pretty good chance - you gotta figure it costs them money to send someone out and to have you come in, right?

And as for the kill switch thing...they test you all of the time. Probably wanted to see how you reacted.

Good luck to you, my fingers are crossed. Not too many women apply and make it as far as you are so maybe you DO have a step ahead of the others, don't you agree?
Old 11-19-2011, 03:38 PM   #4
LilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by babytruck View Post
Even if you don't get hired, you were asked to come in. That means you have a pretty good chance - you gotta figure it costs them money to send someone out and to have you come in, right?

And as for the kill switch thing...they test you all of the time. Probably wanted to see how you reacted.

Good luck to you, my fingers are crossed. Not too many women apply and make it as far as you are so maybe you DO have a step ahead of the others, don't you agree?
Around here the department's can get grants and such to hire woman. The other one I'm on the list for is actually seeking women.
When I was younger I said I wouldn't take a job that took me just because I was female.. now I say hell yea! lol

All I need is that chance to prove i'll be great at this job!

And no he hit the kill switch to pick on me. They have already started that on me... Everyone kept coming in to chat with me until the detective who is doing the investigation on me kicked them out lol
Old 11-19-2011, 04:34 PM   #5
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilTuffGirl View Post
Everyone kept coming in to chat with me until the detective who is doing the investigation on me kicked them out lol
LOL! Sounds like when a female first signs up with TW.
Old 11-21-2011, 08:13 PM   #8
'eh I already figured I wouldn't get hired this go around but got the phone call to confirm and it sucked to actually hear lol but he did say I was first in line for the next hire. I should be happy about that but i'm not the most patient person when it comes to something I really want lol

Now to always keep the house clean and wear the nicest things to bed just in case one of the other departments decide to do the knock and talk lol
Old 11-21-2011, 08:22 PM   #10
We can't stop here, this is bat country.
dayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
dayNnite4's Tacoma Gallery
good luck next time around!!
Old 11-21-2011, 08:24 PM   #11
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
'eh I already figured I wouldn't get hired this go around but got the phone call to confirm and it sucked to actually hear lol but he did say I was first in line for the next hire. I should be happy about that but i'm not the most patient person when it comes to something I really want lol

Now to always keep the house clean and wear the nicest things to bed just in case one of the other departments decide to do the knock and talk lol
Maybe next time you should wear less to bed...just sayin...

And the guys at the office i'm sure were just vying to be the first in the dept

Don't read too much into how they were treating you

With that said...i've heard that most people dont work for the dept that they want to at first...so it may not hurt to take another job for now...good luck!
Old 11-21-2011, 08:45 PM   #12
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: (South Africa) Mechanized Infantry. 1 SAI Btn
Name: Ferdie
Boerseun's Tacoma Gallery
Good luck. I hope you find your dream job soon. Be patient.
Old 11-21-2011, 08:48 PM   #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
Maybe next time you should wear less to bed...just sayin...

And the guys at the office i'm sure were just vying to be the first in the dept

Don't read too much into how they were treating you

With that said...i've heard that most people dont work for the dept that they want to at first...so it may not hurt to take another job for now...good luck!
Honestly I REALLY want to work for the county I'm dispatching in. But they wont test until new Sheriff is elected next year.
This one would be my 2nd pick..
3rd pick i've already tested for and can't get ahold of anyone to see where I stand there...

Then there is another dept about 30 min away from here that is about to test. I guess i'll test there for shits and giggles... Heard they make a good amount of money out there but it's for sure out there!!

State will be testing again soon as well but that's a longer academy (don't have a problem with that other than having to use someone to take care of my animals while i'm gone.. thats a long time to be gone) and they WILL move me wherever they want. Single and don't own a house.. yea.. i'm being moved..
Old 11-21-2011, 09:01 PM   #14
2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of

2009Silver's Tacoma Gallery
I hope wherever you work you don't get verbally abused or worse by womanizing creeps that feel they are above the law - but instead it turns into a rewarding safe career. Best of luck to you.
Old 11-21-2011, 09:04 PM   #15
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I'm just starting the suspense of investigations and testing now...we'll see how it goes. Even though you didn't get on this time, at least you know that you are lined up for first for next time! Although the waiting game sucks ass.
Old 11-21-2011, 09:21 PM   #16
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodiakToyTRD View Post
I'm just starting the suspense of investigations and testing now...we'll see how it goes. Even though you didn't get on this time, at least you know that you are lined up for first for next time! Although the waiting game sucks ass.
No crap! And the 10 thousand texts I got from everyone i've ever known stating I "owe" them for making me sound like the best thing since sliced bread. lol I said wait I owe you for telling the truth?

I've always worked with a lot of men - i'm use to it.. I can joke with the best of 'em. If anyone ever gets out of hand being co worker or anyone else I have no problem letting it be known.

I'm a pretty good fit for the job honestly. I know damn well what i'm getting into at least! Already done the fire, ems, and dispatch side of things...
Old 11-23-2011, 07:40 AM   #17
TacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
TacoTabe's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Honestly I REALLY want to work for the county I'm dispatching in. But they wont test until new Sheriff is elected next year.
This one would be my 2nd pick..
3rd pick i've already tested for and can't get ahold of anyone to see where I stand there...

Then there is another dept about 30 min away from here that is about to test. I guess i'll test there for shits and giggles... Heard they make a good amount of money out there but it's for sure out there!!

State will be testing again soon as well but that's a longer academy (don't have a problem with that other than having to use someone to take care of my animals while i'm gone.. thats a long time to be gone) and they WILL move me wherever they want. Single and don't own a house.. yea.. i'm being moved..

Just remember not to get involved with anyone in your dept., and if you're involved with a cop now, I wouldnt work the same dept. as him.

I know guys who have done this successfully- couple of em happily married to coworkers, but the majority of the time it doesnt work out. And then the talking starts- so and so is banging him/her, etc.

Just my .02- dont shit where ya eat. Especially not in this job.

Good luck!
Old 11-25-2011, 07:17 PM   #18
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoTabe View Post
Just remember not to get involved with anyone in your dept., and if you're involved with a cop now, I wouldnt work the same dept. as him.

I know guys who have done this successfully- couple of em happily married to coworkers, but the majority of the time it doesnt work out. And then the talking starts- so and so is banging him/her, etc.

Good luck!
The talk starts no matter what you do. I'm already a 911 dispatcher so it happens. I'm use to it.. EMS was just as bad. Couldn't work with a male partner without hearing i'm doing him.

I am dating a deputy at the department I want to be on. They wouldn't put us on the same shift if I was to get hired there. Both of us are mature enough to deal with it if anything happened so i'm not too worried.

But don't plan on dating any co workers... I don't want someone babysitting me while I work. Would be HIGHLY annoying. The b/f already said he would monitor the other county to make sure I don't need help. Not impressed.
Old 11-27-2011, 05:58 AM   #19
if your not the lead dog, the view never changes
k9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fabio
k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoTabe View Post

Good luck!
We have a 100% failure rate of marriages\dating at our dept. x2
Old 11-27-2011, 11:05 PM   #20
ftttu is a jewel in the roughftttu is a jewel in the roughftttu is a jewel in the roughftttu is a jewel in the rough
Law Enforcement:
Name: K
ftttu's Tacoma Gallery
Good luck Girl. Keep your eye on the goal and don't lose sight of it. Also, we have two officers on the street who used to be our dispatchers. Another one, a female, is on-track to come out as an officer also. They all told me it is a different world from sitting behind a phone and CAD to being on the street.