Curt aka Pinal1223

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Law Enforcement Officers

Notices

question to all LEO's

Old 11-19-2011, 09:11 PM   #1
TieDie
Tiedie is a jewel in the roughTiedie is a jewel in the roughTiedie is a jewel in the roughTiedie is a jewel in the rough

Tiedie's Tacoma Gallery
question to all LEO's

Why is it that there are so many vehicles on the road that are aloud to run with faulty saftey equipment without getting checked out? Let me futher explain (one head light or one high beam one low beam,one taillight,driving with fog lights on all the time,headlights that are illeagle that are not factory equipment,and my favorite NO LIGHTS ON WHEN USING WIPERS.)Cutting short when changing lanes .I could go on but just wondering why we are not checking these 4wheelers out .There are those tickets that can't be fixed you all know what I'm talking about.
Old 11-19-2011, 09:15 PM   #2
Resident Jackass
SoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: steven
SoutheastTaco's Tacoma Gallery
You referenced them as 4 wheelers, You drive?
Old 11-19-2011, 09:28 PM   #3
bhh2000 is just really nicebhh2000 is just really nicebhh2000 is just really nicebhh2000 is just really nicebhh2000 is just really nice
Name: Ben
bhh2000's Tacoma Gallery
yeah, I often wonder why you LEO dont crack down on the A holes all over the road, I know you try but it seems like theres a lot of people that need a good slap on the wrist, for being A holes in town. I personal think their should be more enforcement in town and less on people going 5-15 over WAY out of town, to me they aren't hurting anyone but people are in town being a holes all over the place with no punishment are.

around here 90 percent of the people like this with lights out and driving like A holes are either in old single cab chevys or old hondas
Old 11-19-2011, 09:32 PM   #4
babyboi2284 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabyboi2284 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabyboi2284 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabyboi2284 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabyboi2284 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabyboi2284 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabyboi2284 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabyboi2284 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabyboi2284 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabyboi2284 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabyboi2284 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
babyboi2284's Tacoma Gallery
My projector retrofit isn't factory oem and I have my fogs modded for anytime use....does that bother you?? If so I don't see why it does. I understand about the high beams and burnt out lights but I don't get why you worry about the above mentioned mods.
Old 11-20-2011, 07:05 PM   #6
TieDie
Tiedie is a jewel in the roughTiedie is a jewel in the roughTiedie is a jewel in the roughTiedie is a jewel in the rough

Tiedie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoutheastTaco View Post
You referenced them as 4 wheelers, You drive?
Yes all day 18 wheels
Old 11-20-2011, 07:16 PM   #7
TieDie

Tiedie's Tacoma Gallery
Babyboi,
If we all check out our state laws you are to run fog lights only in inclement weather,at night withfog lights on and not dimming them you are blinding other drivers in a sense.As in the fact that you are not to flash your high beams to notify other drivers that they have their highs on,if we all read our drivers hand books we would learn something every time we read them.My questions are to maybe get the LEO's thinking on how these thing affect other drivers .Just as stated above I do drive for a living and you would be amazed at the things I see every day and night that people do .
Old 11-20-2011, 07:21 PM   #8
MPG? LOL
sean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
sean266's Tacoma Gallery
Attached Thumbnails
question to all LEO's-imageuploadedbytapatalk1321845703.941085.jpg  
Old 11-20-2011, 07:28 PM   #9
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
If we all check out our state laws you are to run fog lights only in inclement weather,at night
No definition in Washington state RCWs that limit the use of fog lights.

Quote:
,and my favorite NO LIGHTS ON WHEN USING WIPERS
Man, if this was a real law myself as well as a few other 100,000 people would be constantly breaking the law since it rains a fair amount in the PNW.

Quote:
Cutting short when changing lanes
I feel your pain on this one as I used to haul an asphalt grinder on a triple axle lowboy. Anytime I was around the Seattle city limits I had to be very aware of the traffic around me. Contrary to popular belief 125,000 pounds does not stop as quick as 5,000 pounds. Washington state has put up signs along the I-5 corridor warning against cutting in front of tractor trailers.
Old 11-20-2011, 08:31 PM   #10
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
As a former military police officer and currently in training for civilian police work, I'll try to shed a little light on the subject.

Certain laws are made, but as was stated, the ratio of officers on the road to people driving is a huge contributor to the "lack" of enforcement. Consider 30 million people in the US and under 700,000 cops.

There are state cops and their job is enforce all the little traffic laws you mentioned, at times, they are very busy with fatal accidents, having other persons pulled over etc. An officer can have a person pulled over and get passed by at least 5 people breaking every single law you mentioned.

Some city departments have traffic units to enforce these laws as well but the same situation comes up. When the traffic unit guys are not on shift, the patrol guys enforce the traffic laws, but remember they must also respond to calls for service and other such calls in the community.

Lets face it, people drive like retards, don't pay attention to the traffic books, and just do whatever they feel like they wanna do, regardless of legality. If it looks cool, they wanna do it.

We do what we can, as best we can, but we can't get every single one.
Old 11-20-2011, 08:39 PM   #11
Resident Jackass
SoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: steven
SoutheastTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Okay, thought you might. I'm a linehaul driver for Estes.
Old 01-18-2012, 10:00 PM   #12
somerset is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement: rcmp
somerset's Tacoma Gallery
Vehicle infractions (mechanical) are not a high priority, depending on where you are (state/country/province), or what your department has as mandate's. Traffic section or GD general duty are the people who deal with these issue's on a day to day basis. If a speeding violation turns into a vehicle being towed for mechanical deficiencies, then all the better. Sorry, but thats the reality.
Old 01-18-2012, 10:29 PM   #13
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
i to HATE when people have, one high beam one low or HID’s in stock housing/one or no tail lights/ people don’t use lights when it is raining.(it’s a law in TN that any time you have wipers on you MUST have head lights on) people who think ohh i can see fine i don’t need to turn my lights on yet. when in reality i can’t see them.

i leave my head lights on all the time. and fogs.( have not read a law that limits the use of fogs in TN)

also, (in the states) you have state/county and city cops. my bro is a county sheriff and they do trafic stops. but they also have officers that are in what they call traffic. they just do traffic. but one think diff from county and city is county(in most cases) deal with calls like alarm/domestic/ kids riding go carts/ and anything someone will call the cops about) they don’t always have time to make traffic stops! and also(i see this on you tube allot) just because a cop dose NOT have his/her lights and sirens on DOSE NOT mean he is not going to a call!! most people think that they have to run code 3 all the way to wear they are going. that is NOT true they have calls wear THEY CAN’T run code. 3.
Old 01-18-2012, 10:34 PM   #14
Longbow3 is on a distinguished road
Name: Henry
Longbow3's Tacoma Gallery
How about citing those that leave road gators all over the interstate? As a biker these are very dangerous and scary at night. I agree, those with non standard lighting especially those lit up like Christmas trees. How about the overweight ones that destroy the highways. We can pick our peeves.
Old 01-18-2012, 10:35 PM   #15
stewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

stewartx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiedie View Post
Why is it that there are so many (snip)
Several complaints mentioned are not necessarily violations. For examples, many states only specify headlights over specific headlights, only a few states limit the use of foglights, and very few states directly link headlights to wipers. Regardless, I usually find it far less stressful to just worry about myself (my driving, my vehicle, etc) than others.
Old 01-18-2012, 10:36 PM   #16
Senior NEWBIE
Tigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Isaac
Tigahshark's Tacoma Gallery
Who cares
Old 01-21-2012, 12:14 PM   #17
clarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement: SE Mass police department
clarkie152's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longbow3 View Post
How about citing those that leave road gators all over the interstate? As a biker these are very dangerous and scary at night. I agree, those with non standard lighting especially those lit up like Christmas trees. How about the overweight ones that destroy the highways. We can pick our peeves.
1. The road gators can be called into DPS. They dont have road gator trackers that tell them when there is one on the road.
2. The overweight trucks that you think are overweight are probably not overweight. Massive fines carry with overweight trucks and drivers are accountable for all fines. Weigh stations are used, but rarely get people for overweight. It's usually fines for lack of paperwork or truck infractions.
3. Highways are destroyed by the shady paving contractors that cut corners while paving. Highways have over 8 inches of asphalt beneath them. It's not the trucks ruining them.
Old 01-21-2012, 03:51 PM   #18
Longbow3 is on a distinguished road
Name: Henry
Longbow3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkie152 View Post
1. The road gators can be called into DPS. They dont have road gator trackers that tell them when there is one on the road.
2. The overweight trucks that you think are overweight are probably not overweight. Massive fines carry with overweight trucks and drivers are accountable for all fines. Weigh stations are used, but rarely get people for overweight. It's usually fines for lack of paperwork or truck infractions.
3. Highways are destroyed by the shady paving contractors that cut corners while paving. Highways have over 8 inches of asphalt beneath them. It's not the trucks ruining them.

Uh....Ok!
Old 02-02-2012, 01:32 AM   #19
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Why is it that there are so many vehicles on the road that are aloud to run with faulty saftey equipment without getting checked out? Let me futher explain (one head light or one high beam one low beam,one taillight,driving with fog lights on all the time,headlights that are illeagle that are not factory equipment,and my favorite NO LIGHTS ON WHEN USING WIPERS.)Cutting short when changing lanes .I could go on but just wondering why we are not checking these 4wheelers out .There are those tickets that can't be fixed you all know what I'm talking about.
Because we have better things to do with our day. I give warnings for those sorts of silly/petty things. We do traffic enforcement for overtime... thats when I will write tickets for that stuff... then they just get the ticket dismissed once it is fixed anyway. If they can't fix it because they are really poor you just made them pay a ticket instead of spending the money on vehicle repairs which delays the fixing of their vehicle by weeks.
Old 02-02-2012, 02:14 AM   #20
Warputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet - 1st Inf. Div.
Name: Chris
Warputer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
....... you are not to flash your high beams to notify other drivers that they have their highs on.......
Nope I never flash my high beams.....but I will light them up with 520wts of Off Road lights.