Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Law Enforcement Officers

Notices

looking into law enforcment for houston or new orleans

Old 11-23-2011, 01:51 AM   #1
Houston's Swamp Rat
wrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
wrxRome's Tacoma Gallery
looking into law enforcment for houston or new orleans

so im 19 and am interested in law enforcement, mainly game warden, but if not police force would be fine, questions are, what some advise to get started on, should i just wait till im closer to 21 to start really putting effort into getting into it?

btw, houston because i live here, and new orleans or northshore because my dad and that side of family live there
Old 11-27-2011, 07:07 AM   #2
if your not the lead dog, the view never changes
k9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Farva
k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
I originally wanted to be a fish and wildlife officer also. I received my B.S. in natural resource management with a forestry emphasis. I figured I would get some l.e. experience then go over. Well that was ten years ago and I never looked back. Once you start on the street you'll love it. Fortunately your young enough to start over again if you want. Just look into the retirements. Some can continue on the same system. If they don't it can be like throwing years of your life away.
Old 11-27-2011, 11:57 PM   #3
ftttu is a jewel in the roughftttu is a jewel in the roughftttu is a jewel in the roughftttu is a jewel in the rough
Law Enforcement:
Name: K
ftttu's Tacoma Gallery
If you want to be a game warden, you better take biology. Also, it is very hard to get into because they stay in for life and Texas is having budget problems. Get some schooling and do some regular patrol first. Also, there in Houston you have a bagillion departments of all kinds. They recruit a lot from the regional academy there or you can get sponsored by a local department and go to Harris County Sheriff's Academy.

Some types of cops: police officers for cities, police officers for schools/universities and hospitals, sheriff's deputies for counties, constable deputies for county precincts, Houston Metropoilitan Transit Authority police, district and county attorney's investigators, state troopers, Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission, game wardens and park police, etc