Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Law Enforcement Officers

Notices

NC State Troopers?

Old 01-02-2012, 10:56 AM   #21
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Kevin
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
all the state troopers in my neck of the woods are great guys and gals. they seem to love their job from what i hear.
Old 01-02-2012, 11:00 AM   #22
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireturk41 View Post
all the state troopers in my neck of the woods are great guys and gals. they seem to love their job from what i hear.
oh yeah, i mean like any police officer there are the really straight ones and there are some that walk around with their chins stuck up in the air, but thats rare for sure. . . as im sure is the same with your FD we have to have one on scene before we can leave a motor vehicle accident and they are always really cool dudes.
Old 01-02-2012, 11:02 AM   #23
tbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
tbturner47's Tacoma Gallery
I have several friends who are troopers. I thought about joining a while back but changed my mind.

If you go through with it then good luck, its not easy getting on. Stay in shape, do pushups like crazy and run a lot. You will compete for the job.

Go to your local highway patrol station and talk to someone. They will give you a packet full of forms and stuff. Try to get it turned in ASAP. Idk about your area but I've heard they like it back within a month. Last I looked into it they were doing two schools a year, one in february and another in august. Lasts about 6 months.
Old 01-02-2012, 11:03 AM   #24
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgwheeler17 View Post
oh yeah, i mean like any police officer there are the really straight ones and there are some that walk around with their chins stuck up in the air, but thats rare for sure. . . as im sure is the same with your FD we have to have one on scene before we can leave a motor vehicle accident and they are always really cool dudes.
haha it depends how long they take and if there was any true injury, if its off the highway and nobody is hurt we sometimes just bail depending on who has command

we have 2 lady troopers here that i can gaurantee can whoop my ass in a heart beat, theyre cool but hard core when it comes to their job...and the brand spankin new chargers are sick as hell
Old 01-02-2012, 12:57 PM   #25
randyp83 is on a distinguished road
Army: Recruiter
Name: Randy
randyp83's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the advice but I have done a tour in Iraq and Afghanistan and currently live in Charlotte. Not too worried about lumberton.
Old 01-02-2012, 06:07 PM   #26
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by randyp83 View Post
Thanks for the advice but I have done a tour in Iraq and Afghanistan and currently live in Charlotte. Not too worried about lumberton.
wait till a tomahawk comes flying through your window and you'll redact that statement

just kidding man. . . and thanks for your service!
Old 01-02-2012, 08:48 PM   #27
I like to break shit!

Firefighter:
Quote:
wait till a tomahawk comes flying through your window and you'll redact that statement

piece of first hand advice...if you have a buddy that goes out drinking in cowboy apparel including cowboy hat...make sure he is not inclined to walk into a bar and to an imitation or a ululation and yell howdy injuns...he was really drunks, needless to say we left, fast
Old 01-02-2012, 09:15 PM   #28
boatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: boat coxswain,USS SIMON LAKE AS-33
Name: carl
boatswain's Tacoma Gallery
know a few PA. state troopers. out of 6, only one didn't like it, and got out after only a short time. it's a job, and has very good benefits. maby you could come up to allentown PA. and become a city cop. senior officers make around $80,000 a yr. & $85,000 a yr. pension. (YEA-that's right) pension is based on last 30 days earnings. when ready to go on pension you schedule your last month of work when a local fair is going on, suck up all the overtime, and end up with a pension higher than you were earning. this was brought up in a local newspaper. assume it's correct.
Old 01-03-2012, 10:04 AM   #29
Quote:

LMAO ok you got me with the tomahawk!
Old 01-03-2012, 10:05 AM   #30
Quote:
Originally Posted by boatswain View Post
know a few PA. state troopers. out of 6, only one didn't like it, and got out after only a short time. it's a job, and has very good benefits. maby you could come up to allentown PA. and become a city cop. senior officers make around $80,000 a yr. & $85,000 a yr. pension. (YEA-that's right) pension is based on last 30 days earnings. when ready to go on pension you schedule your last month of work when a local fair is going on, suck up all the overtime, and end up with a pension higher than you were earning. this was brought up in a local newspaper. assume it's correct.

Yeah they only start out at like $34,000 a year for nc troopers. I got a buddy up in Penn btw.
Old 01-03-2012, 10:17 AM   #31
boatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: boat coxswain,USS SIMON LAKE AS-33
Name: carl
boatswain's Tacoma Gallery
you'll know you'r doing your job when they start calling you "lockumup randy" we had one up here years ago called "lockumup george". he stopped me one time W/slicks on the "66". asked him if he fished, and showed him a nice trout I had caught. he left me go. now how bad was he? thanks george, RIP !
Old 01-05-2012, 06:27 PM   #32
draddots is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement:
Name: Dan
draddots's Tacoma Gallery
They might only start at 34 but don't forget about the take home car, OT, court time and holiday pay. Also be prepared to wear long sleeves and a tie year round.
Old 01-06-2012, 04:22 PM   #33
Yeah long sleeves and a tie is fine. Looks a lot more professional too. Oh and those new 2012 Changers to ride in are pretty sharp!
Old 03-02-2012, 08:28 PM   #34
comajoe has a spectacular aura aboutcomajoe has a spectacular aura aboutcomajoe has a spectacular aura about
comajoe's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
NCSHP don't fuck around. Them fellas would write their own mother a ticket.
yes..yes they WILL!!!
Old 03-02-2012, 08:37 PM   #35
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Everyone who lives in NC just knows they're fucked if a statie pulls 'em. It's funny when out-of-towners get pulled, because they always try to explain or apologize like it'll help.

The rest of us just give 'em our papers.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:18 PM   #36
Dark Lord of the Sith
wrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Tech Insp: 404 ASB/4th CAB
Name: Ryan Mathis
wrmathis's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to wrmathis Send a message via Yahoo to wrmathis
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
Everyone who lives in NC just knows they're fucked if a statie pulls 'em. It's funny when out-of-towners get pulled, because they always try to explain or apologize like it'll help.

The rest of us just give 'em our papers.
ive learned to do that with any cop. only time i give any excuse is when they ask why i was doing it. otherwise hurry up and let me be on my way
Old 03-02-2012, 09:31 PM   #37
I like to break shit!

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrmathis View Post
ive learned to do that with any cop. only time i give any excuse is when they ask why i was doing it. otherwise hurry up and let me be on my way
aye on this, but i admit to everything i do wrong, if youre straight up no bullshit ive found you have a higher chance of just getting a warning
Old 03-02-2012, 09:55 PM   #38
I like to break shit!

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleighman View Post

Everyone that hates us writing tickets needs to realize that some times thats the only thing that gets some peoples attention to slow down.
no hate, i understand its yalls job....so i hit the skinny pedal harder to add excitement just kiddin!!!!
Old 03-02-2012, 10:14 PM   #39
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by randyp83 View Post
Yeah long sleeves and a tie is fine. Looks a lot more professional too. Oh and those new 2012 Changers to ride in are pretty sharp!
Just a question for anyone in law enforcement: why wear a tie? It seems like a silly thing for someone who gets into fights as often as a cop does. Must be a clip-on?

Good luck getting on with the state OP. I'm sure it's a good job, and I have had a conversation with a NC trooper while on vacation over there. He was one serious dude. "Boy, you in a heap of trouble!"
Old 03-02-2012, 10:26 PM   #40
I like to break shit!

Firefighter:
ties are clip on... and haha highlight the last post i made...i could never get away from the fuzz here, most of em know where i live and hang out haha