Curt aka Pinal1223

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Law Enforcement Officers

Notices

Assaulted on July 4th(Good Read

Old 12-26-2011, 11:34 AM   #21
kimo will become famous soon enough

Name: Darin
kimo's Tacoma Gallery
Emotional distress maybe? what were your physical damages? did you seek medical help and get pics? those are the questions a lawyer will ask you. goodluck
Old 12-26-2011, 12:02 PM   #22
rme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Helicopter pilot still serving
rme's Tacoma Gallery
I go with KIMO. What are your damages? Were you treated medically for actions resulting from the assault? If you have no damages then sueing someone isn't really cost effective. You'll have more lawyer fee's than anytime settlement you could hope to gain. On the other hand if you have cost from the assault then it will be close if you'll walk away with anything from anyone. What happened to your claim for compensation from the state of Co.? Do you surrender any type of civil action against the individual who assaulted you? If so does the state seek restitution to their fund in lieu of your filing a claim in civil court? A consult with a lawyer (should be free) can answer all those questions but pursue the criminal action no matter what happens. Good luck this is a classic case of "Road Rage!" Keep us posted.
Old 12-27-2011, 12:54 AM   #23
Write your love, Then your anger.
ToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
ToyComa92's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomarotto View Post
My Girlfriend's little brother of 8 has CF and he is a trooper man for wearing his vibrating chest vest every night and being in the hospital every month. and damn you sure have earned my respect for not throwin a punch at that man for tryin to choke you. im sure you already have to jump through hoops to keep your respiratory organs in good shape!

hope it all works out for you man. Merry Christmas
Yah its a tough disease, I started with Mild case of it where it only really affected my stomach, Now at 20 its really affecting everything, I also have diabetes from it because of the meds and food requirements. But i do what i need to stay alive, As depressing and scary as it sounds im actually working on getting onto the Lung Transplant List. Anyways thank you and everyone else, i will keep everyone updated. Id mostly be sueing for Emotional damage and a 1,400 hospital bill i incurred for having to be admitted for worstening my
condition. I would only take him to small claims. Im gonna call some lawyers and get there opinion. I will post up what i hear.
Old 12-30-2011, 02:11 PM   #24
JDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
JDCPA's Tacoma Gallery
I'm going to take the opposite approach than everyone else here.

Let the courts deal with him even if it is just a misdemeanor. Forget any type of civil action with an attorney because that will only make him even more mad and make it much more likely that he will come back at you. It is not worth the risk involved to get the personal satisfaction you are looking for.

The only thing that happens in a pissing contest is that you get pissed on.

Good luck.
Old 02-07-2012, 11:50 AM   #25
Write your love, Then your anger.
ToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
ToyComa92's Tacoma Gallery
UPDATE:
Went to court on the 2nd, Apperently the guy has a super clean record and the DA gave him a "Deferred Judgement" he has to do a year of anger management/Probation time. Which is fine with me, Honestly it has been almost a year and its gotten old, I couldnt continue having Defense attorney's show up at my girlfriends place of work questioning her, subpeonas and whatever else. It's not worth her getting canned over some stupid shit like this.

Anyways, I will proceed to take this to Civil court, But as for criminal its done and in the books.