Curt aka Pinal1223

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Law Enforcement Officers

Notices

So close...

Old 01-11-2012, 06:35 AM   #21
TacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
TacoTabe's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallTacoma View Post
You're a brave man to enter the law enforcement arena in this era. No one likes you. The DAs, judges, and politicians do not have your back. The scourge of our world, lawyers, will lie, cheat and steal to defeat and embarrass you. On top of all of this, you chose to work in San Fran. BRAVE! Good luck and godspeed. Go Niners!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellik01 View Post
Nothing a DA likes better than trying to back a cop into purjuring himself. A real "Feather" in there cap.

Broward County State Attorney's Office just released the list of officers under investigation by its 'public corruption unit'- 138 cops

Many of them for falsifying reports/documents.

The irony of them hanging you out to dry for creative writing is that the SAO is more than happy to allow you to commit perjury if it benefits their case against someone. But they will stick it to you if it benefits them more to get you than the criminal.
Old 01-11-2012, 07:02 AM   #22
Rellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant future
Law Enforcement: Police Officer (retired NYPD)
Name: Craig
Rellik01's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoTabe View Post
Broward County State Attorney's Office just released the list of officers under investigation by its 'public corruption unit'- 138 cops

The irony of them hanging you out to dry for creative writing is that the SAO is more than happy to allow you to commit perjury if it benefits their case against someone. But they will stick it to you if it benefits them more to get you than the criminal.
I hate to say I told you so...............but I told you so.
Old 01-11-2012, 02:31 PM   #23
Glocking Tall
TS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police Officer
TS1980's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

This is happening in Palm Beach County too. I lost count of how many guys got jammed up in the past few years, some I personally know. But I force a smile because I'm not doing anything dirty, so I can sleep at night. But it is getting a little rediculous.

BTW, on you psych, just get a good nights sleep, be honest, and be consistent with your answers. I though it was the easiest part of the hiring process.
Old 01-11-2012, 02:34 PM   #24
Rellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by TS1980 View Post
This is happening in Palm Beach County too. I lost count of how many guys got jammed up in the past few years, some I personally know. But I force a smile because I'm not doing anything dirty, so I can sleep at night. But it is getting a little rediculous.
You must be from NYPD "Jammed Up"
Old 01-11-2012, 02:42 PM   #25
Glocking Tall
TS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TS1980's Tacoma Gallery
Nope, never worked anywhere but Florida. But, I know for a fact that the State Attorney in PBC has a corruption unit as well, and they have been very busy lately. It's their job to "jam guys up". Sad.
Old 01-11-2012, 02:45 PM   #26
Banned
MBTaco21 is a name known to allMBTaco21 is a name known to allMBTaco21 is a name known to allMBTaco21 is a name known to allMBTaco21 is a name known to allMBTaco21 is a name known to all
MBTaco21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Nope, never worked anywhere but Florida. But, I know for a fact that the State Attorney in PBC has a corruption unit as well, and they have been very busy lately. It's their job to "jam guys up". Sad.
I think it's perfectly plausible, not sad at all..
Old 01-11-2012, 02:48 PM   #27
Quote:
Funny, Jammed Up is an old NYPD saying also.
Old 01-11-2012, 03:05 PM   #28
Glocking Tall

TS1980's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBTaco21 View Post
I think it's perfectly plausible, not sad at all..
Yeah I can see both sides of it. Necessary evil I guess.
Old 01-11-2012, 04:52 PM   #29
Banned
MBTaco21 is a name known to allMBTaco21 is a name known to allMBTaco21 is a name known to allMBTaco21 is a name known to allMBTaco21 is a name known to allMBTaco21 is a name known to all
MBTaco21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah I can see both sides of it. Necessary evil I guess.
X2
Old 01-11-2012, 04:54 PM   #30
Irish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
Irish020's Tacoma Gallery
I wouldn't mention that you are in love with your Tacoma.
Old 01-12-2012, 12:12 AM   #31
drtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dru
drtydru's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish020 View Post
I wouldn't mention that you are in love with your Tacoma.
Ha! Its so hard not to talk about the thing that I love so much! And what is the deal with the 138 cops under investigation? What are the charges?
Old 01-12-2012, 02:24 AM   #32
TacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by drtydru View Post
Ha! Its so hard not to talk about the thing that I love so much! And what is the deal with the 138 cops under investigation? What are the charges?
Read the list a few hours ago, only know 2 guys on it.

Turns out 30 of the cases are officer involved shootings- so I guess the list of of cops under investigation for criminal stuff is 108.

About 30 or 40 of those is for falsifying reports, another 10 or so for theft, 5 for introducing contraband to a detention facility, one for attempted murder, 2 for armed kidnapping, extortion, armed robbery. One for armed delivery of narcotics, and some other stuff.

No doubt some of these guys are real low-life pieces of shit, but many of them are going to be drug through the mud because of the way the wrote a report, which they did because they felt incredible pressure to close a case or make a charge stick. Sad.

But that's why you don't do it- these assholes are going to get out anyways, so no sense lying or stretching the truth and putting yourself at risk just to make a charge stick. Not worth it.
Old 01-12-2012, 05:36 AM   #33
Quote:
Read the list a few hours ago, only know 2 guys on it.

Turns out 30 of the cases are officer involved shootings- so I guess the list of of cops under investigation for criminal stuff is 108.

About 30 or 40 of those is for falsifying reports, another 10 or so for theft, 5 for introducing contraband to a detention facility, one for attempted murder, 2 for armed kidnapping, extortion, armed robbery. One for armed delivery of narcotics, and some other stuff.

No doubt some of these guys are real low-life pieces of shit, but many of them are going to be drug through the mud because of the way the wrote a report, which they did because they felt incredible pressure to close a case or make a charge stick. Sad.

But that's why you don't do it- these assholes are going to get out anyways, so no sense lying or stretching the truth and putting yourself at risk just to make a charge stick. Not worth it.
No sense in "Testalying" as they will just get out and you can make some O.T. locking them up again, especially since you know who to look for again. It's like shooting ducks in barrel.
Old 01-12-2012, 06:00 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellik01 View Post
No sense in "Testalying" as they will just get out and you can make some O.T. locking them up again, especially since you know who to look for again. It's like shooting ducks in barrel.

Exactly
Old 01-12-2012, 12:51 PM   #35
if your not the lead dog, the view never changes
k9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: fabio
k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
The criminal justice system is a funny thing. It is very hard for an officer to achieve a conviction in the court system. The S.A.O. is underfunded and overworked. It is not uncommon to see someone with 40 to 50 charges and only 1 or 2 misd. convictions. It breeds frustration in officers when they feel the need for "creative writing" to compensate for incompetent prosecution. Most S.A's are fresh out of law school. I had a S.A. fresh out of law school who was promoted to felony in 3 months. Now he was prosecuting a greater that 28g cocaine case. It was horrible. He was up against a well known defense attorney here in town. The S.A.O. will prosecute officers cause it is so easy. I hate it when officers try to use big words and try to sound intelligent when actually the opposite can be true. When I used to train cops I would tell them use simple stupid words that you can justify in court. Defense attorney will try to use big fancy words in court then try to rapid fire your answers confusing the officer and lulling him or tricking him into purjuring himself. when he could have just said "i don't understand your question" in court. case gets thrown out. Gets their client off and ruins the officer. I would love to know the details of some of these cases. What gets an officer in trouble more than anything is thinking they are smarter than they are, against a well trained very smart defense attorney. This is a difficult job to undertake. Most juries think the crap they see in CSI or some of those other crappy TV shows is for real. reality is..Casey Anthony. This is what L.E. and the SAO has to deal with. We need to lower our standards for conviction and put people where they belong. Maybe this "corruption" would not be so "corrupt". The SAO should work more with officers than against them. SAO should work harder at trial maybe even make an argument. The criminal justice system in Florida is broke! For a guy that has been arrested 40 to 50 times our trouble is not finding him our trouble is locking him up.

OP welcome to Law Enforcement.
Old 01-12-2012, 01:58 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9cop View Post
The criminal justice system is a funny thing. It is very hard for an officer to achieve a conviction in the court system. The S.A.O. is underfunded and overworked. It is not uncommon to see someone with 40 to 50 charges and only 1 or 2 misd. convictions. It breeds frustration in officers when they feel the need for "creative writing" to compensate for incompetent prosecution. Most S.A's are fresh out of law school. I had a S.A. fresh out of law school who was promoted to felony in 3 months. Now he was prosecuting a greater that 28g cocaine case. It was horrible. He was up against a well known defense attorney here in town. The S.A.O. will prosecute officers cause it is so easy. I hate it when officers try to use big words and try to sound intelligent when actually the opposite can be true. When I used to train cops I would tell them use simple stupid words that you can justify in court. Defense attorney will try to use big fancy words in court then try to rapid fire your answers confusing the officer and lulling him or tricking him into purjuring himself. when he could have just said "i don't understand your question" in court. case gets thrown out. Gets their client off and ruins the officer. I would love to know the details of some of these cases. What gets an officer in trouble more than anything is thinking they are smarter than they are, against a well trained very smart defense attorney. This is a difficult job to undertake. Most juries think the crap they see in CSI or some of those other crappy TV shows is for real. reality is..Casey Anthony. This is what L.E. and the SAO has to deal with. We need to lower our standards for conviction and put people where they belong. Maybe this "corruption" would not be so "corrupt". The SAO should work more with officers than against them. SAO should work harder at trial maybe even make an argument. The criminal justice system in Florida is broke! For a guy that has been arrested 40 to 50 times our trouble is not finding him our trouble is locking him up.

OP welcome to Law Enforcement.
Amen
Old 01-12-2012, 09:10 PM   #37
Bee22971 is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement: VCMO
Name: Garth
Bee22971's Tacoma Gallery
Good luck tomorrow. LE in the Bay is always exciting.
Old 01-26-2012, 05:01 PM   #38
drtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the shed

drtydru's Tacoma Gallery
The psych exam is complete! The written portion took about 4 hours. Lots of repeat questions, the one that stood out the most to me was "Do you like alice and wonderland?" Dont really understand the relevance of that. All in all it went really well though. I was given the Wonderlic test as well. Its timed, 12 minutes, and I was told to finish as many questions as I could. I scored a 27, above average apparently, so that was a HUGE plus I was told. I needed any advantage I could get over the next candidate because Im a white male. I met with the psychologist for about 25 minutes after it was all over. He was very nice and we just went over a few questions that he wanted clarification on. It all comes down to monday when my background investigator, the psychologist and the Dr. that examined me meet with someone to discuss whether or not I should be accepted into the academy.

WISH ME LUCK!!
Old 01-26-2012, 05:12 PM   #39

drtydru's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
Comes to mind

good luck tho!
Yeah I figured it was a drug related question. But kids like it too. The movie and book are pretty crazy without drugs though. You cant judge someone based on a movie they like...unless its Water World.
Old 01-27-2012, 02:46 AM   #40
Oh and BTW close down your facebook, myspace, twitter, etc. accounts. Good ammo for a defense attorney.