Curt aka Pinal1223

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Law Enforcement Officers

Notices

So close...

Old 01-05-2012, 06:59 PM   #1
drtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dru
drtydru's Tacoma Gallery
Talking So close...

Im a in the process of becoming a cadet in the SFPD police academy. I passed my polygraph yesterday and the only step between me and the academy is the psychological exam. I am just wondering what it is they are looking for in this interview. I am in no way asking how to "cheat" this exam or anything like that. I am an trustworthy young man with a past that does not have any real incidents, and I was more that forthcoming on my application and during all interviews up to this point including my polygraph. This is my dream job and I just dont want to do anything stupid to jeopardize m position. I started this over two years ago and the city finally has money to start classes again. I am planing on just being myself as this has done me wonders up to this point.

Just trying to get a better understanding of what I should expect.

Thanks,

Andrew
Old 01-05-2012, 07:18 PM   #2
wmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
wmdpowell's Tacoma Gallery
Answer honestly. Don't try and give the "right answer". Such tests are designed to get an overall baseline of the applicant.
Old 01-05-2012, 07:21 PM   #3
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: (South Africa) Mechanized Infantry. 1 SAI Btn
Name: Ferdie
Boerseun's Tacoma Gallery
Like you said, just be yourself.
Congratulations!
Old 01-05-2012, 07:27 PM   #4
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
good luck Dru! I need a ticket written off lol JK
Old 01-05-2012, 07:36 PM   #5
drtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the shed

drtydru's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJonAgs32 View Post
good luck Dru! I need a ticket written off lol JK
HAHA! Ill take all the "good luck" I can get. Ill keep ya'll posted. Thanks for all the advice too.
Old 01-06-2012, 06:17 AM   #6
if your not the lead dog, the view never changes
k9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fabio
k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
I still don't know what they were looking for in the psych. test. I do know I passed the test just by being myself and being honest. I think they just wanna make sure that the person they give a gun to isn't going to go bonkers Or, be some kinda "dirty harry" or something. Sorry couldn't resist. Good luck, I'm sure you'll do fine. Sounds like you are in!!
Old 01-06-2012, 09:50 PM   #7

drtydru's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the advice and input!
Old 01-06-2012, 11:44 PM   #8
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
A lot of psych tests have no set answers. They base it off your previous answers. They'll ask similar questions differently and see if your answers are consistent
Old 01-07-2012, 12:15 AM   #9
Taco Fever - I've got it bad!
billyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
billyjoe's Tacoma Gallery
According to my law enforcement buddies, these days, passing the polygraph can be the most difficult part of qualifying due to "hang yourself" questions. The psychological evaluation is a breeze as long as you consistently "take the high road".
Good Luck!

Here's a little more insight:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-jdLhnxY7c
Old 01-07-2012, 12:24 AM   #10
KAWAIANIANI is a jewel in the roughKAWAIANIANI is a jewel in the roughKAWAIANIANI is a jewel in the roughKAWAIANIANI is a jewel in the rough

Name: Chris
KAWAIANIANI's Tacoma Gallery
Good luck man, and congrats for a good job so far. Your gonna have your work cut out for you in SF. I got a bunch of Samoan family in the ghettos like Army st.(cesar chavez) there and I know they can be a hand full. I hope your wits are about you make it home to your family every night.
Old 01-07-2012, 12:53 AM   #11

drtydru's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAWAIANIANI View Post
Good luck man, and congrats for a good job so far. Your gonna have your work cut out for you in SF. I got a bunch of Samoan family in the ghettos like Army st.(cesar chavez) there and I know they can be a hand full. I hope your wits are about you make it home to your family every night.
Thank you. I just hope they actually have a class. I had a friend you went through the whole process and was cleared for the academy, but it never happened. He waited and waited and eventually his application expired. Figers crossed
Old 01-07-2012, 05:52 AM   #13
Rellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant future
Law Enforcement: Police Officer (retired NYPD)
Name: Craig
Rellik01's Tacoma Gallery
BTW, Retired NYPD. Worked in the worst shitholes in Brooklyn and had the most fun their, because nobody gives a shit. It's when you work in the upscale areas that you get your balls broken.
All in all it was a fun job but glad I'm retired as LE has changed.
But I do miss the clowns but not the circus.
Old 01-07-2012, 09:16 AM   #14
k9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
^^^tru that, Plus you never get bored in the ghetto and there is always something to do. Makes time go by faster!!
Old 01-07-2012, 10:29 AM   #15

drtydru's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellik01 View Post
BTW, Retired NYPD. Worked in the worst shitholes in Brooklyn and had the most fun their, because nobody gives a shit. It's when you work in the upscale areas that you get your balls broken.
All in all it was a fun job but glad I'm retired as LE has changed.
But I do miss the clowns but not the circus.
Nice. Im looking forward to working in the tuff areas of the city. I have a buddy who has been working for SFPD for the last 5 years so he has been talking me through this process, which has been great. He told me you start out of the academy in some of the tuffest neighborhoods. Get thrown into the fire kind of thing. I am pumped every day I wake up just to be this far in the process.
Old 01-09-2012, 10:35 AM   #16
TacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
TacoTabe's Tacoma Gallery
As others have said, just be yourself.

If they ask you scenario based questions, dont try to answer as a cop would, just answer honetly but intelligently. Ex: I was asked what I would do if I pulled a guy over and he refused to roll down his window, other than to toss his cigarette out, flicked me off and then just sat there.

The answer I'd give you today is that I'd bust his window out, drag him out of the car and arrest him. Also, I'd cite him for littering and log the cigarette butt into evidence.

That is not the kind of answer you want to give though...

Just make sure your answers reflect common sense and sound judgement
Old 01-09-2012, 10:38 AM   #17
Hunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: Probie
Hunter500ky's Tacoma Gallery
That ask the same question over and over lol

Just don't lie

Some will try to well they will word it so you feel like you need to change a answer at the end.

Like you sure that's it or anything you want to change or junk.

Stay with YOUR answer, answer it and don't think twice.
Old 01-09-2012, 10:45 AM   #18
TallTacoma is a splendid one to beholdTallTacoma is a splendid one to beholdTallTacoma is a splendid one to beholdTallTacoma is a splendid one to beholdTallTacoma is a splendid one to beholdTallTacoma is a splendid one to beholdTallTacoma is a splendid one to behold

Army: FiSTers bring it fast and hard!
Name: Charles
TallTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
You're a brave man to enter the law enforcement arena in this era. No one likes you. The DAs, judges, and politicians do not have your back. The scourge of our world, lawyers, will lie, cheat and steal to defeat and embarrass you. On top of all of this, you chose to work in San Fran. BRAVE! Good luck and godspeed. Go Niners!
Old 01-10-2012, 02:05 PM   #19
Rellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant future
Law Enforcement: Police Officer (retired NYPD)
Name: Craig
Rellik01's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallTacoma View Post
You're a brave man to enter the law enforcement arena in this era. No one likes you. The DAs, judges, and politicians do not have your back. The scourge of our world, lawyers, will lie, cheat and steal to defeat and embarrass you. On top of all of this, you chose to work in San Fran. BRAVE! Good luck and godspeed. Go Niners!
Nothing a DA likes better than trying to back a cop into purjuring himself. A real "Feather" in there cap.
Old 01-10-2012, 06:01 PM   #20

k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallTacoma View Post
Sometimes i find it hard to believe people still want to be cops anymore.