Notices

local vs. state in MA

Old 01-12-2012, 03:15 PM   #1
Dewey7015 is on a distinguished road
Dewey7015's Tacoma Gallery
local vs. state in MA

Hey guys,
not really a problem, just wondering...
Do state troopers mind if local police are pulling people over on a state highway that goes through their town? and the opposite, do local police mind if state troopers are pulling people over on local roads?
always wondered if there was a "territorial" kind of thing..
Old 01-12-2012, 04:06 PM   #2
if your not the lead dog, the view never changes
k9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fabio
k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
Not in my neck of the woods. We all do whatever wherever as long as we are within our jurisdiction. Sometimes the brass are not as understanding with mutual aid agreements. But all in all it's all good in the hood. I don't care if the state or county are within our limits, heck my city is in their county and the county is in the state.
Old 01-12-2012, 05:22 PM   #3
Mean Big Brother
eborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erik
eborgie's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to eborgie
Staties usually stick to the state roads i.e. numbered routes, and locals stick to local roads but both have jurisdiction on either type.
Old 01-12-2012, 05:39 PM   #4
wing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud of

wing103's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to wing103 Send a message via AIM to wing103 Send a message via MSN to wing103 Send a message via Yahoo to wing103 Send a message via Skype™ to wing103
Quote:
Originally Posted by eborgie View Post
Staties usually stick to the state roads i.e. numbered routes, and locals stick to local roads but both have jurisdiction on either type.
I agree with that.
Old 01-15-2012, 06:15 PM   #5
clarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement: SE Mass police department
clarkie152's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by eborgie View Post
they usually stick to that... The local chiefs kind of frown upon their local cruisers sitting on the highways
Old 01-16-2012, 03:41 PM   #6
ftttu is a jewel in the roughftttu is a jewel in the roughftttu is a jewel in the roughftttu is a jewel in the rough
Law Enforcement:
Name: K
ftttu's Tacoma Gallery
Here in Texas, I've never heard any officers having problems with other officers working in their overlapping jurisdiction. Even if someone did have a problem, there would be nothing that they could do about it.