Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Law Enforcement Officers

Notices

just want to say thank you to all of the law enforcement officers!

Old 02-03-2012, 03:28 PM   #41
tacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoteacher's Tacoma Gallery
LEO's:dancingbaco n:

Sure, there are LEO's who are dicks. And doctors, teachers, carpenters, architects, bank managers, tire salesmen, engineers, pilots......Well, you get the point. We all act like that from time to time, it's part of being human.
Old 02-03-2012, 03:30 PM   #43
Veteran Redleg
SteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Arizona Army National Guard C BATTERY 1/180TH Field Artillery and the Pinal County Sheriff's Office
Name: Curt
SteelRain's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoteacher View Post
LEO's:dancingbaco n:

Sure, there are LEO's who are dicks. And doctors, teachers, carpenters, architects, bank managers, tire salesmen, engineers, pilots......Well, you get the point. We all act like that from time to time, it's part of being human.

Well said. You are correct. Everyone has the potentional to be a dick.
Old 02-03-2012, 03:31 PM   #44
No longer anonymous. D'oh!
carcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
carcharias's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stout890 View Post
all i can think when i read this thread is that the people who love cops obviously haven't had to deal with too many dick officers. maybe thats due to the area you live in, or the fact that your an angel i dunno. but the people here who have have a sore point of view on officers have there reasons and you cant change there mind (you can just youtube "cops being ass holes" and see for yourself). and I AGREE cops don't need to be thanked, its just a job. im a veteran of the navy and i don't even go around thanking military folks, not because i don't like them (like cops lol) but because its just a job...its a fairly easy job at that..i did the most fucking off in my life while i was in the service and i know guys who wont get out because they know its the easiest job the'll ever have. now a marine who gave his leg..or even his life for that matter could use a thank you for there sacrifice or even an dead police officer and his family could use a thank you for there sacrafice. but we dont need threads to stoke there ego...ITS JUST A JOB! i could cruz around in a cop car all day and fuck with people....oh and by the way my best friends wife and an ex of mine is a cop. and she tells me all the time how she fucks with people and how if she were assigned to the occupy protestors shed pepper spray and tazer them too just for fun....i tell them its fucked up and we argue but still were all friends in the end....so cant we all just get along no matter how we feel? lol
Oh, boy! This is a fun one! Unfortunately, I have to go to work at this very second, and so won't be able to fully respond like I would normally enjoy doing. Regardless, I've spent far too long as a civilian riding with cops, as well as working w/ CO's, all over this nation not to have a very strong idea of what their job entails. While there are some bad ones, a majority are good. To think putting your life on the line every day is an "ordinary" and "easy" job is almost mind-blowing. So, I'm going to go make a handful of cops famous tonight, and am looking forward to following this thread.
Old 02-03-2012, 03:32 PM   #45
Lest We Forget
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinal1223 View Post
Wow....yes I agree, we can be dicks at times. But what made us be that way? Was it the attitude that was given to us before we even opened our mouth and greeted you. I know that's usually the case with me. I can't speak for the other LEO's out here, but I am usually friendly, professional and respectful. I have been known to exercise GREAT patience with people and have caught flak for it from co-workers.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience with Law Enforcement. But you said it yourself, you were drunk in public. I deal with drunk folks all the time. They can be unpredictable and are often irrational in thinking. It's a safety issue to reduce injuries to not only the cop, but others including yourself. I'm sorry your brother in law was asaulted and the guys got away. You have to look at things in a different perspective. We're coming in completely blind and have to start from scratch. It's very difficult at times to single out a suspect, especially when we don't actually catch them in the act. I've walked through huge events that are fill with hundreds, even thousands of people...it's very difficult to keep watch over every single person. As I have said before...go through a hiring process, get hired, go through an Academy and then weeks of Field Training. Don't cast judgement on something that you know only one side of.

With that being said, I still respect you for your service to our nation and respect your right of the 1st Amendment. I hope someday you'll have a more positive experience with Law Enforcement.
I actually am impressed with the amount of patience you have with your profession. People of the internets, I have witnessed it too....

Quote:
Um...you REALLY wanna go on another Ride-a-long??
Dunno if I'm going to be able to make it happen or not.....
Old 02-03-2012, 03:34 PM   #46
krap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krap22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Um...you REALLY wanna go on another Ride-a-long??

Curt, if i come to AZ, I'm definitely doing a ride-a-long with you.
Old 02-03-2012, 03:34 PM   #47
ffbartlett is on a distinguished road

ffbartlett's Tacoma Gallery
thanks for the window tint tickets! fighting crime!
Old 02-03-2012, 03:36 PM   #48
Veteran Redleg
SteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Arizona Army National Guard C BATTERY 1/180TH Field Artillery and the Pinal County Sheriff's Office
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack View Post

Dunno if I'm going to be able to make it happen or not.....

Bummer...it was fun the last time you rode. I have an even better squad this rotation. I am having fun and laughing at work again. Hell, my Sgt (Stormee) even bought the 15 yr old I arrested last night a McDonalds Happy Meal, so he didn't go to jail hungry. He was a good kid, just made a mistake. He even thanked me for treating him with respect.

oh....I forgot....we're all assholes. My bad.
Old 02-03-2012, 03:37 PM   #49
Veteran Redleg

Quote:
Originally Posted by krap22 View Post

DOOO EEET!!!!
Old 02-03-2012, 03:37 PM   #50
Veteran Redleg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffbartlett View Post

Don't break the law..LoL!!!
Old 02-03-2012, 03:39 PM   #51
maineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Tim
maineah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorecko View Post
I'd like to say a big F** You !! To all the @sshats in office making the local cops and troopers go around bringing in ticket revenue for the state instead of letting them help people. I'm sure they'd rather help people or arrest those making serious crimes instead of setting multiple speed traps along catches of highway and "seat belt" check points. I guess I"m getting annoyed seeing people stranded in cars that broke down on the side of the highway and on the other side a few hundred feet away there is a trooper bringing in ticket revenue so he can meet his boss's quota and keep his job.
You got a lot to learn about cops
Old 02-03-2012, 03:41 PM   #52
Razorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Razorecko's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcharias View Post
Maybe you shouldn't have broken the law to get pulled over anyway? Ever think about that?

I got pulled over going 60mph in a 45mph work zone at midnight that hasnt had any workers in that area for weeks. Illinois likes to keep up work zones after they've been finished just for writing tickets.
Old 02-03-2012, 03:43 PM   #53
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Eric, you got balls posting this...I hope it doesn't get locked. We appreciate the thanks, but its our job. Some cops do their job well, some don't.

Out of several hundred thousand cops, it bugs me people base their .02 on one cop.

Crime is crime, regardless if you're speeding, have too dark of tint or if you murder someone. Laws are laws, some cops are sticklers, some aren't.

This is a police officer appreciation thread, if you don't appreciate cops, why are you posting!?
Old 02-03-2012, 03:43 PM   #54
Veteran Redleg

Quote:
I got pulled over going 60mph in a 45mph work zone at midnight that hasnt had any workers in that area for weeks. Illinois likes to keep up work zones after they've been finished just for writing tickets.
You still exceeded the speed limit regardless.
Old 02-03-2012, 03:43 PM   #55
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Always someone else's fault isn't it....
Old 02-03-2012, 03:43 PM   #56
Banned
Stout890 has a brilliant futureStout890 has a brilliant futureStout890 has a brilliant futureStout890 has a brilliant futureStout890 has a brilliant futureStout890 has a brilliant futureStout890 has a brilliant futureStout890 has a brilliant futureStout890 has a brilliant futureStout890 has a brilliant futureStout890 has a brilliant future

Navy: aviation machinists mate on the Lockheed p-3 orion
Name: Jason
Stout890's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaos View Post
Did my apartment thread start all the police drama on this forum lately? Wasn't my intent. There are assholes in every profession, I can't stand all the attitude towards police, especially when if shit hits the fan they're the first person a majority of you call.

Police, Firefighters, Military, you all have my thanks and respect.
thats because we pay there salary and your damn right im gonna call them and make them do there job, and most likely they wont do vary much of a good one, at least the guys here in my city dont, its a small one, rosamond CA. i keep a gun in my home loaded in case a tweaker tries to pop in and say hello while im in bed lol because i know there response time is damn near an hour...unless your getting a DUI than every cop in the whole city pulls up lol been there while my friend got his dui who wasn't even drunk, i watched him drink 2 beers than water for hours before we left. i was the drunk one in the passenger seat oh and that reminds me while that was going on they had me call my sister to come pick me up and i shit you not an officer (that i had supenad to court for a case i was fighting) leave the sceen just to intercepted her, (because he thought he had heard me say she was out with us) pulled her over for a license plate bulb being out and gave her a field sobriety test (she had just left her house from waking up to my call) and when she checked out ok he said "your free to go, looks like your light is working again" and returned to the scene to eventually call me back out of my sister car after i was finally released to her by another female officer, who mind you was vary nice and polite to me, look me up and down and tell me "were every where" i ended writing a complaint on him for harassment to me and my sister. and nothing came of that...

and to carcharias yeah there job is for the most part easy...like i said my buddies wife is a cop and we talk, she is fat and alot of cops are fat and im fat so i know what it takes to be fat lol which isnt much..lol

and beleive me you all can hate me for my point of view but i fought for my right to say what i want and dammit im going to lol
Old 02-03-2012, 03:46 PM   #57
Lest We Forget
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by krap22 View Post

Quote:
Bummer...it was fun the last time you rode. I have an even better squad this rotation. I am having fun and laughing at work again. Hell, my Sgt (Stormee) even bought the 15 yr old I arrested last night a McDonalds Happy Meal, so he didn't go to jail hungry. He was a good kid, just made a mistake. He even thanked me for treating him with respect.

oh....I forgot....we're all assholes. My bad.
Well see. Maybe I can swing it. I'll know soon.
Old 02-03-2012, 03:48 PM   #58
4Running
AlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 37th Helicopter Squadron
Name: Adam
AlphaEcho2k5's Tacoma Gallery
Simply, Thanks.
Old 02-03-2012, 03:51 PM   #59
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
so you broke the law and your mad you got pulled over. lol

Quote:
Don't break the law..LoL!!!
exactly
Quote:
I got pulled over going 60mph in a 45mph work zone at midnight.
lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by KodiakToyTRD View Post
Eric, you got balls posting this...I hope it doesn't get locked. We appreciate the thanks, but its our job. Some cops do their job well, some don't.

Out of several hundred thousand cops, it bugs me people base their .02 on one cop.

Crime is crime, regardless if you're speeding, have too dark of tint or if you murder someone. Laws are laws, some cops are sticklers, some aren't.

This is a police officer appreciation thread, if you don't appreciate cops, why are you posting!?
thanks, but honestly i dont think i have ever seen someone thank a cop on here like people do the military. so i kinda wanted to make it somewhat a bigger thanks than normal. hoping idiots wont come in here, but what was i thinking with that? lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stout890 View Post
thats because we pay there salary and your damn right im gonna call them and make them do there job, and most likely they wont do vary much of a good one, at least the guys here in my city dont, its a small one, rosamond CA. i keep a gun in my home loaded in case a tweaker tries to pop in and say hello while im in bed lol because i know there response time is damn near an hour...unless your getting a DUI than every cop in the whole city pulls up lol been there while my friend got his dui who wasn't even drunk, i watched him drink 2 beers than water for hours before we left. i was the drunk one in the passenger seat oh and that reminds me while that was going on they had me call my sister to come pick me up and i shit you not an officer left the sceen and intercepted her, pulled her over for a license plate bulb being out and gave her a field sobriety test (she had just left her house from waking up to my call) and when she checked out ok he said "your free to go, looks like your light is working again" than when i was finally released to her by a female officer i was called back out of my sister car just to have another officer (that i had supenad to court for a case i was fighting) look me up and down and tell me "were every where" i ended writing a complaint on him for harassment to me and my sister. and nothing came of that...
lol so they knew exactly what your sister was driving huh? and you know all of this for a fact? cause you were "the drunk one in the passenger seat".

but im sure your "stories" are 100% accurate. even the 1hr long wait time when someone is breaking into your house.
Old 02-03-2012, 03:53 PM   #60
Mr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Active MK 02-09, ME 09-10, Reserve ME 10-11, LTJG 11-Current.  Federal Civilian 10-Current
Mr. Brown's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ha, oh man. Cops didn't make tint illegal. You (via casting a vote or choosing not to vote and silencing yourself) chose politicians to make decisions for you. When your government representation decided to make tint illegal, you did by proxy. If you felt strongly enough against the laws of your state, you should have left before you got caught violating the laws that you, in effect, passed. You decided to stay in your state, which is kept civil by following and enforcing laws. Police officers would be doing you a great disservice by not writing you a tint ticket. If they didn't they wouldn't be following the orders given to them by you.