Curt aka Pinal1223

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Law Enforcement Officers

Notices

Going to take my written for LA Sheriff's on Feb 21st, advise!!! Please.

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-14-2012, 08:52 AM   #21
iForceTUNDRA is a name known to alliForceTUNDRA is a name known to alliForceTUNDRA is a name known to alliForceTUNDRA is a name known to alliForceTUNDRA is a name known to alliForceTUNDRA is a name known to all
iForceTUNDRA's Tacoma Gallery
Fellow applicant chiming in. Took the LASD written back in december and now in backgrounds and meet with my BI in April. Been a VOP with the dept. for almost 3 years prior to applying. The written exam itself is VERY easy. Do not waste time because they give you 1.5 hours and YOU WILL NEED EVERY MINUTE especially when it comes to the math. The math section in the end it VERY TEDIOUS AND ANNOYING but easy. The practice exam online is the simple version of the actual one given. Other then that, its all grammar and interpretation questions....piece of cake. Feel free to PM me with questions when you get to your interview because I took that as well. Goodluck!
Old 02-14-2012, 09:01 AM   #22
Sunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by iForceTUNDRA View Post
Fellow applicant chiming in. Took the LASD written back in december and now in backgrounds and meet with my BI in April. Been a VOP with the dept. for almost 3 years prior to applying. The written exam itself is VERY easy. Do not waste time because they give you 1.5 hours and YOU WILL NEED EVERY MINUTE especially when it comes to the math. The math section in the end it VERY TEDIOUS AND ANNOYING but easy. The practice exam online is the simple version of the actual one given. Other then that, its all grammar and interpretation questions....piece of cake. Feel free to PM me with questions when you get to your interview because I took that as well. Goodluck!
Will do, thanks man, appreciate it.
Old 02-14-2012, 07:54 PM   #23
LilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud of
Name: Nikki
LilTuffGirl's Tacoma Gallery
Last advice was the best since he's taken it.

Every department has different kinds of tests. If you really want to be a police officer you should test at many different places. Unless You're stuck on only working there.

The first one I took was a GED test that they made us take 4 hours to do. It sucked! I didn't do too well on it lol

Second one was memory test at first then law enforcement related questions. The memory seemed pretty simple at first! Look at the picture and write down everything you see! Yea.... Apparently including what freakin hand the robbers had their guns in lol With these kinds of tests apparently the less action you take is the best answer. I asked a detective about the test afterwards and he said the writer of the test made it so you don't assume anything and you take as little action as possible.

For example there was a question like "You see someone at the gas station you know just got out of jail and is on probation. You heard a rumor that he was planning to join a group to rob some place. What do you do?"
A - Don't say a thing to him
B - Arrest him before he can for violation of probation
C - Remind him if he is caught doing anything illegal he'll be put back in jail for a long time

I chose C because to me that's possibly preventing a crime. But the correct answer was A.

Either way out of 72 people I was 9th. I should start next month
Old 02-14-2012, 08:11 PM   #24
Sunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilTuffGirl View Post
Last advice was the best since he's taken it.

Every department has different kinds of tests. If you really want to be a police officer you should test at many different places. Unless You're stuck on only working there.

The first one I took was a GED test that they made us take 4 hours to do. It sucked! I didn't do too well on it lol

Second one was memory test at first then law enforcement related questions. The memory seemed pretty simple at first! Look at the picture and write down everything you see! Yea.... Apparently including what freakin hand the robbers had their guns in lol With these kinds of tests apparently the less action you take is the best answer. I asked a detective about the test afterwards and he said the writer of the test made it so you don't assume anything and you take as little action as possible.

For example there was a question like "You see someone at the gas station you know just got out of jail and is on probation. You heard a rumor that he was planning to join a group to rob some place. What do you do?"
A - Don't say a thing to him
B - Arrest him before he can for violation of probation
C - Remind him if he is caught doing anything illegal he'll be put back in jail for a long time

I chose C because to me that's possibly preventing a crime. But the correct answer was A.

Either way out of 72 people I was 9th. I should start next month
Last I checked, the only departments in California that are hiring are Los Angeles and Sacramento, Sacramento requires to be post certified so that only leaves LA for me right now. I dont think that the written here is going to be like what you are describing from what I have been told so far. But I have learned some good tips now and if I dont get this one Ill be prepared to apply for more.
Old 02-20-2012, 05:03 PM   #25

Sunner's Tacoma Gallery
Alright, test it tomorrow, wish me luck fellas.
Old 02-22-2012, 08:16 PM   #26
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Howd it go?
Old 02-22-2012, 10:08 PM   #27
iForceTUNDRA is a name known to alliForceTUNDRA is a name known to alliForceTUNDRA is a name known to alliForceTUNDRA is a name known to alliForceTUNDRA is a name known to alliForceTUNDRA is a name known to all
iForceTUNDRA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
Howd it go?
He passed
Old 02-23-2012, 01:04 PM   #28

Sunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
Howd it go?
Quote:
Originally Posted by iForceTUNDRA View Post
He passed
I did indeed!! The written wasn't as bad as I made it out to be, I used some online practice tests to study and iForceTUNDRA really helped with some solid tips. I have my oral interview on the 10th of March now.
Old 02-23-2012, 03:40 PM   #29
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery

Products Discussed in this Thread