Curt aka Pinal1223

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Law Enforcement Officers

Notices

When you pulled over a driver...

Old 02-26-2012, 08:01 AM   #21
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoDawgfan View Post
Why didn't you just do the "oil slick" mod?
Have you seen the price of oil lately?
Old 02-26-2012, 08:05 AM   #22
Stubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
Stubbs95tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Old 02-26-2012, 08:05 AM   #23
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Driver View Post

I have been pulled over 20+ times. Only four written warnings and no tickets.

Your thoughts?
Twenty times? My thought it you don't know how to drive, or you can't remember where the speed traps are!

I usually do the same stuff just to put the officer at ease. I figure that every time they approach a car, they are preparing to avoid being shot in the face by a lunatic. I try to help them with defuing that potential, and so we can get it all over with very quickly and the officer get on with more serious business.

Left out a couple of steps:

If it is dark, I turn on the dome light before I do anything.

If it is within easy reach and there is time before the officer is approaching my window, I put my wallet and reg on the top of the dash in front of my hands, which are on the top of the steering wheel.
Old 02-26-2012, 08:06 AM   #24
anormis is one of the sharper tools in the shedanormis is one of the sharper tools in the shedanormis is one of the sharper tools in the shedanormis is one of the sharper tools in the shedanormis is one of the sharper tools in the shedanormis is one of the sharper tools in the shedanormis is one of the sharper tools in the shedanormis is one of the sharper tools in the shedanormis is one of the sharper tools in the shedanormis is one of the sharper tools in the shedanormis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
anormis's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duaneyo1 View Post
By all mans be nice and polite, but there's plenty of good and lawful reasons not to consent to a search: You have some where to go. He's a cop not a maid and you don't feel like cleaning up after him. Besides, if they actually see or smell something they can and will search anyways. They won't even bother asking your permission first. If you happen to be a drug trafficer, mobster or a terrorist your criminal defense will go much easier if you did not consent to the search. ...

So Repeat these words after me:

"How can I Help?"

"I am sorry Officer, but I do not consent to searches."

"Officer, Am I being detained or am I free to go?"

"Thank you for the ticket Sir. I will get that light ( that isn't even broken) fixed on the way home. Have a good evening."
I know I could have done that and I probably will if there is a next time but the guy would have probably called for backup and I would have been there for twice as long.
Old 02-26-2012, 08:09 AM   #25
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Have you seen how many doughnuts cops eat?

Besides, I always use my old used oil.
Old 02-26-2012, 08:11 AM   #26
Trail Runner/Barefoot Beach Runner/Snow Skier
The Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: 94B/76Y Medical Honorable Discharge
Name: Raph, and I'm from Tampa, FL.
Location: Lakewood (Bear Creek), CO. I'm from Tampa. If I was from "Tampa Bay" I'd be a fish!
The Driver's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scocar View Post
Twenty times? My thought it you don't know how to drive, or you can't remember where the speed traps are!
l.
I have lived in FL, CA, SC, LA and now OK.

I've gotten pulled over in FL, TX, SC and GA.

I have driven trough 27 states, there is NO WAY to figure that many traps!
Old 02-26-2012, 08:11 AM   #27
I intend to live forever. So far, so good.
TennesseeFan76 is just really niceTennesseeFan76 is just really niceTennesseeFan76 is just really niceTennesseeFan76 is just really niceTennesseeFan76 is just really nice

Firefighter:
Name: Phill Goodfactor
TennesseeFan76's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Have you seen how many doughnuts cops eat?

Besides, I always use my old used oil.
Old 02-26-2012, 08:12 AM   #28
Easily Replaceable Member
elmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
elmo7's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I have a special box under my truck, so if a LEO gets behind me, and turns on his lights to pull me over, I hit a switch, and it opens the box, which is filled with a variety of donuts, and dumps them onto the road. At that point, I can make an easy escape.......
Old 02-26-2012, 08:13 AM   #29
The Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Location: Lakewood (Bear Creek), CO. I'm from Tampa. If I was from "Tampa Bay" I'd be a fish!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubbs95tacoma View Post
Seriously...

I wanted LEO's to answer this and it went viral, but only one officer so far!
Old 02-26-2012, 08:13 AM   #30
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmo7 View Post

I fear the reprocusions of my post may come back to haunt me.......
Old 02-26-2012, 08:13 AM   #31
Duaneyo1 is a jewel in the roughDuaneyo1 is a jewel in the roughDuaneyo1 is a jewel in the rough
Name: Duane
Duaneyo1's Tacoma Gallery
Anormis:

More than likely, you would have sat in your car and got the ticket they were going to write anyway. There's a 99% chance he was asking because he did not have a good enough reason to search without your permission. Like I said, if they have probable cause, ( you left a loaded handgun and crack pipe in the front seat ) they don't have to ask.
Old 02-26-2012, 08:13 AM   #32

Quote:
Seriously...

More will come.
Old 02-26-2012, 08:13 AM   #33
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I have lived in FL, CA, SC, LA and now OK.

I've gotten pulled over in FL, TX, SC and GA.

I have driven trough 27 states, there is NO WAY the figure that many traps!
Then maybe you should slow down and only do the speed limit
Old 02-26-2012, 08:15 AM   #34
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Here is a tutorial by Chris Rock on the subject.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSSyG...e_gdata_player
Old 02-26-2012, 08:22 AM   #35
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpulseRed008 View Post
I don't know, Susan. That sounds pretty sensible.
Old 02-26-2012, 08:25 AM   #36
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Seriously...

Sorry, I couldn't resist that last one.

I do try to be nice and no sudden movements. I do roll down the drivers window before he/she approaches. But the one thing I do different from others on here, I go ahead and pull out my wallet before they approach also and have it in plain view. I don't want to go reaching into my back pocket in front of them. My problem with this is I tend to remove my seat belt in the process w/o thinking. I'm afraid I'll get accused of not wearing it or putting my seat belt on for show when I actually do wear it.
Old 02-26-2012, 08:25 AM   #37
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpulseRed008 View Post
Why? Like a said, not tickets.
Old 02-26-2012, 08:25 AM   #38
www.BeLikeBrit.org
fletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gary
fletch aka's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I have a special box under my truck, so if a LEO gets behind me, and turns on his lights to pull me over, I hit a switch, and it opens the box, which is filled with a variety of donuts, and dumps them onto the road. At that point, I can make an easy escape.......
This ^^
Old 02-26-2012, 08:28 AM   #39
Quote:
I fear the reprocusions of my post may come back to haunt me.......
Or you could start a franchise...
Quote:
More will come.
I hope so!
Quote:
Sorry, I couldn't resist that last one.
Wasn't picking on you ace, now about your taste in College sports...

GO GATORS!

Back to our regular programming!
Old 02-26-2012, 08:28 AM   #40
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warputer View Post
And I guess that 1 time is when it's a super hot female with an extra nice disposition towards you?

You must've forgotten where I work

Quote:
Originally Posted by scocar View Post
I don't know, Susan. That sounds pretty sensible.
God forbid we use any sense when operating a 3000lb death machine