Curt aka Pinal1223

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Law Enforcement Officers

Notices

When you pulled over a driver...

Old 02-26-2012, 08:31 AM   #41
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
You must've forgotten where I work

God forbid we use any sense when operating a 3000lb death machine
And always keep the rotating blades sharp so they don't get stuck in the bodies and slow you down...it's just good common sense.
Old 02-26-2012, 08:32 AM   #42
Trail Runner/Barefoot Beach Runner/Snow Skier
The Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: 94B/76Y Medical Honorable Discharge
Name: Raph, and I'm from Tampa, FL.
Location: Lakewood (Bear Creek), CO. I'm from Tampa. If I was from "Tampa Bay" I'd be a fish!
The Driver's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

God forbid we use any sense when operating a 3000lb death machine
Just got the taco back in Nov/2011, officer. All my speeding has been on my sports cars (two Porsche's and two Miata's).

Quite frankly I resent your post. Speed DOES NOT KILLS. Inattentive, distracted, IMPAIRED and drivers w/o proper skill set do.
Old 02-26-2012, 08:33 AM   #43
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Driver View Post
Wasn't picking on you ace!
It's all good, I know it's frustrating when the thread gets high jacked or at least thrown off topic though.
Old 02-26-2012, 08:35 AM   #44
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Just got the taco back in Nov/2011, officer. All my speeding has been on my sports cars (two Porsche's and two Miata's).

Quite frankly I resent your post. Speed DOES NOT KILLS. Inattentive, distracted, IMPAIRED and drivers w/o proper skill set do.
Speed is a contributing factor is MOST fatal collisions

Period.

Whether or not it was exacerbated by other factors is a moot point...a driver involved in a collision over 80mph has something like a 2% chance of survival
Old 02-26-2012, 08:37 AM   #45
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

And you can resent it all you want, but just because you think you have the "skill set" to operate a vehicle at higher than posted speed limits doesn't mean anyone around you is capable of reacting to how you're driving and doesn't give you any special privileges in regard to obeying the laws
Old 02-26-2012, 08:39 AM   #46
TX Pro
WEZZA83 is on a distinguished road

Name: Wes
WEZZA83's Tacoma Gallery
I've been a cop for 5 years and never wrote a speeding ticket. I mainly stop for insurance violations (mostly no insurance) write serious tickets and tow their car. So put it this way if I'm not towing your car your not going to get tickets.
Old 02-26-2012, 08:46 AM   #47
The Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Location: Lakewood (Bear Creek), CO. I'm from Tampa. If I was from "Tampa Bay" I'd be a fish!
Quote:
Speed is a contributing factor is MOST fatal collisions

Period.

Whether or not it was exacerbated by other factors is a moot point...a driver involved in a collision over 80mph has something like a 2% chance of survival
I'd agree to disagree on your first sentence, and concede on the second one, as I have no data at hand to dispute

Quote:
And you can resent it all you want, but just because you think you have the "skill set" to operate a vehicle at higher than posted speed limits doesn't mean anyone around you is capable of reacting to how you're driving and doesn't give you any special privileges in regard to obeying the laws
You got me all wrong. I was honestly asking if the fact that I was courteous played any hand on whether I got the ticket or not. I'm not asking for special privileges of any kind. If I get a ticket, I'll pay for it. If you can't do the time, don't do the crime, right?

But something I have observed in ALL my travels is that less than 15% of drivers ACTUALLY stay within the posted speed limits.

Obviously some drivers get pulled over and some get tickets, and others don't.

Trying to study a trend if you may.
Old 02-26-2012, 08:47 AM   #48
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Why? Like a said, not tickets.
So, just because you've never gotten any speeding tickets, you think it's okay to speed and that you are "special" so you don't have to follow the laws?

Let me find those officers that let you off and them
Old 02-26-2012, 08:49 AM   #49
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpulseRed008 View Post
So, just because you've never gotten any speeding tickets, you think it's okay to speed and that you are "special" so you don't have to follow the laws?

Let me find those officers that let you off and them
Please observe around you when driving. Then set your cruise or stay at the speed limits and tell me what you see?

That MOST drivers are speeding. This isn't just me. Society in general have already voted with their accelerator pedal!
Old 02-26-2012, 08:50 AM   #50
The dog did it...I swear!
OffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Location: High Desert... land of junipers, sage brush, and lava rock
OffroadToy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Why? Like a said, not tickets.
Wow...you got getting out of tickets down but you must be doing something to warrent getting pulled over 20 times (i've been pulled over once in 40 years of driving.) Is there something that you can change with your driving habits that would save the officer from having to waste their time with you?
Old 02-26-2012, 08:52 AM   #51
Quote:
Originally Posted by OffroadToy View Post
Wow...you got getting out of tickets down but you must be doing something to warrent getting pulled over 20 times (i've been pulled over once in 40 years of driving.) Is there something that you can change with your driving habits that would save the officer from having to waste their time with you?
I guess I could. But I don't see that happening anytime soon.
Old 02-26-2012, 08:53 AM   #52
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

Quote:
I'd agree to disagree on your first sentence, and concede on the second one, as I have no data at hand to dispute

You got me all wrong. I was honestly asking if the fact that I was courteous played any hand on whether I got the ticket or not. I'm not asking for special privileges of any kind. If I get a ticket, I'll pay for it. If you can't do the time, don't do the crime, right?

But something I have observed in ALL my travels is that less than 15% of drivers ACTUALLY stay within the posted speed limits.

Trying to study a trend if you may.
You're right...I had my facts a little skewed...spee is a contributing factor in 1/3 of fatal collisions which isn't most...but regardless...that's a whole bunch

http://www.smartmotorist.com/traffic...l-crashes.html
Old 02-26-2012, 08:55 AM   #53
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
i gotta say.....I find it funny that many, if not most, people that have a sports type car, think they are automatically netter drviers than 90% of the ones on the road. These same drivers seem to be the ones behind many (if not most) high speed accidents.....
Old 02-26-2012, 08:57 AM   #54
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Another thing.....I have a few friends that actually race for a living, and they seem to be the ones who drive the most prudent on the roads......They often tell me things like "Im not scared of the traffic, but rather the dumb people behind the wheels..." etc.
Old 02-26-2012, 08:59 AM   #55
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

True. I've known people that got stopped and got a "warning". I got my share of speeding tickets in my younger days, I NEVER got off with just a warning. I was always polite and cooperative. So I've always wondered why I never got out of them. Of course a majority of the ones that I remember getting warnings were female.
Old 02-26-2012, 09:01 AM   #56
Recklessly tired
Fightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luke
Fightnfire's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Another thing.....I have a few friends that actually race for a living, and they seem to be the ones who drive the most prudent on the roads......They often tell me things like "Im not scared of the traffic, but rather the dumb people behind the wheels..." etc.
QFT
Old 02-26-2012, 09:02 AM   #57
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
I too have friends that race for a living, and some of those guys had their drivers suspended!

You know what scares me? People that think that it's ok to text/eat/put make up/ ect. while driving.

But this isn't about ANY of that.
Old 02-26-2012, 11:11 AM   #58

Quote:
I too have friends that race for a living, and some of those guys had their drivers suspended!

You know what scares me? People that think that it's ok to text/eat/put make up/ ect. while driving.

But this isn't about ANY of that.
If they lost their license due to traffic violations, then they arent very profesional race drivers, and I would question their skills.
Old 02-26-2012, 11:29 AM   #59
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
I don't really expect to get out of a ticket by being polite myself. I've only been pulled over once. I was out of state in Delaware and got stopped by a Trooper for doing 65 in a 50 on a back country road. Was polite, kept my hands on the wheel, told the trooper where I had to reach to get my registration, etc. He was nice to be in return, but I still got a ticket, which I was fine with I was speeding and he was doing his job. I almost thought it was kind of funny seeing as that was the first time in years of traveling that road that I had ever seen a cop on it and that first time I get a ticket. Ticket was only $58 and I had the trooper laughing when he was explaining to me what to do if I wanted to fight the ticket and I told him it would cost me more in beer and gas money to come back down there to fight the ticket.
Old 02-26-2012, 11:36 AM   #60
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I drive the speed limit in town, 5-7 mph over on the highway, and I actually STOP, not slow down for stop signs. In the last 17 years and 300K or so miles, this seems to work well. Only two incidents involving body damage. Once I was hit from behind while completely stopped at a red light, once some asshat backed into me in a parking lot.

I've been pulled over one time, about a mile from home. The officer clocked me at 56 in a 35 zone. The 35MPH sign was placed where a 50MPH sign was two weeks prior to me getting stopped. Apparently I don't look at speed limit signs in familiar areas all that often. He wrote me, but said he could have written the ticket under a different code that would have made it more expensive. I don't know whether that's true or not, maybe he did me a favor, maybe not. But he ignored, or didn't see the tinted windows, so maybe my polite "yes sir, no sir" was a factor? I know that in my job, I charge people according to their attitude.