Curt aka Pinal1223

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Law Enforcement Officers

Notices

When you pulled over a driver...

Old 02-26-2012, 07:09 AM   #1
Trail Runner/Barefoot Beach Runner/Snow Skier
The Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: 94B/76Y Medical Honorable Discharge
Name: Raph, and I'm from Tampa, FL.
Location: Lakewood (Bear Creek), CO. I'm from Tampa. If I was from "Tampa Bay" I'd be a fish!
The Driver's Tacoma Gallery
When you pulled over a driver...

Whenever I get pulled over for speeding I do the following:

1. put down both windows.

2. Put both hands on steering wheel.

3. Look at the officer in the eyes and wait for instructions.

4.Before I start looking for wallet/drivers lic/registration, I verbally ask for permission to look for said items.

5. I ask why was I pulled over, and accept culpability w/o BS.

6. Address to the officer as: officer/deputy/trooper, depending on jurisdiction. If I see stripes or bars, I'll address them as Corporal, Sgt or Lt (yes I have been pulled over by Lt's... twice!).

7. After they let me go I wish them a safe day and a "be careful out there", and I mean it.

I have been pulled over 20+ times. Only four written warnings and no tickets.

My question is are LEO's more likely to be "nice" to civilians (non cops) that are courteous and respectful and NOT give them a bunch of bs for speeding, rolling stop sign or in my case once running through a red light? (red light thing only happened once and I've NEVER done it again)

Your thoughts?
Old 02-26-2012, 07:10 AM   #2
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
suckass

just joking good job!
Old 02-26-2012, 07:12 AM   #3
The Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Location: Lakewood (Bear Creek), CO. I'm from Tampa. If I was from "Tampa Bay" I'd be a fish!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crf69 View Post
suckass

just joking good job!
Old 02-26-2012, 07:18 AM   #4
like a boss
middiedefense is one of the sharper tools in the shedmiddiedefense is one of the sharper tools in the shedmiddiedefense is one of the sharper tools in the shedmiddiedefense is one of the sharper tools in the shedmiddiedefense is one of the sharper tools in the shedmiddiedefense is one of the sharper tools in the shedmiddiedefense is one of the sharper tools in the shedmiddiedefense is one of the sharper tools in the shedmiddiedefense is one of the sharper tools in the shedmiddiedefense is one of the sharper tools in the shedmiddiedefense is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Security
Name: Joe
middiedefense's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to middiedefense
More likely to write someone for being an asshole then to not write them for being polite. But I guess it doesn't hurt.
Old 02-26-2012, 07:22 AM   #5
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
Old 02-26-2012, 07:38 AM   #6
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
9 times out of 10 I've already decided if I'm gonna write the ticket before I even make contact with the driver

Politeness could mean the difference between a courtesy summons and a trip to the jail...or how many tickets I write though
Old 02-26-2012, 07:39 AM   #7
anormis is one of the sharper tools in the shedanormis is one of the sharper tools in the shedanormis is one of the sharper tools in the shedanormis is one of the sharper tools in the shedanormis is one of the sharper tools in the shedanormis is one of the sharper tools in the shedanormis is one of the sharper tools in the shedanormis is one of the sharper tools in the shedanormis is one of the sharper tools in the shedanormis is one of the sharper tools in the shedanormis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
anormis's Tacoma Gallery
I have been pulled over one time for speeding it was about 2 am and no one was on the hwy but me. Cop pulled up behind me with no headlights on and then he turned his spotlight on in my rear view which made me slow down. Once I slowed down his reds and blues turned on. I pulled over and did all that you said. i addressed him as sir and was vary polite and when asked why I was speeding I told him I had the house keys and my g/f was siting in her car waiting to go in side because we only had one set of keys. The guy insisted that i had drugs in my truck and demanded a search. I told him the truck was clean but i would love to get out in the rain w/o a coat while he had a look for himself. So i got out of the truck as directed and he searched me, my shoes, my belt ect. then he searched my truck. Surprise surprise not a damn thing on me. I know i could have said no to the search b/c he had no reason to do so but i really just wanted to get home. After the 40 minute stop the asshole still wrote me a $100 speeding ticket. He then followed me all the way home with his brights on. If i ever see this dude off duty we will share some words about how to not be a dick-head. I will also thank him b/c hat ticket has raised my insurance. WTF COP! Were you just board or were you fresh out of the academy and needed to prove your self! Rant over.
Old 02-26-2012, 07:43 AM   #8
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I have a special box under my truck, so if a LEO gets behind me, and turns on his lights to pull me over, I hit a switch, and it opens the box, which is filled with a variety of donuts, and dumps them onto the road. At that point, I can make an easy escape.......
Old 02-26-2012, 07:43 AM   #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
9 times out of 10 I've already decided if I'm gonna write the ticket before I even make contact with the driver

Politeness could mean the difference between a courtesy summons and a trip to the jail...or how many tickets I write though
I see. Would it be because of the infraction?

For the record, other than State Troopers, I've never been pulled over by a "transit division cop", I've heard those guys are merciless. But then again they generally have a gazillion antennas and all kinds of crazy light, so the can be spotted a mile away. Unmarked "transit cops" OTOH...
Old 02-26-2012, 07:44 AM   #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
I have a special box under my truck, so if a LEO gets behind me, and turns on his lights to pull me over, I hit a switch, and it opens the box, which is filled with a variety of donuts, and dumps them onto the road. At that point, I can make an easy escape.......
Pics or it didn't happen...
Old 02-26-2012, 07:45 AM   #11
Stubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
Stubbs95tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I got my truck searched back in high school.. all they found were bullets empty beer cans and a pack of cigs.. cop didnt say a thing just looked and smiled and said "get a tool box"
Old 02-26-2012, 07:47 AM   #12
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Driver View Post
Pics or it didn't happen...
dam...you got me.....

Truth is, When I get pulled over, I turn on the interior lights (if at night), and roll down all the windows, and keep hands on the wheel. Being as my CCWP shows up with a plate read, when the officer asks, I inform him of the location of any weapons I have with me. Uppon request of license, etc., I let him know where my license is, and that I will be reaching for it. Then I give him my paper work, and wait patiently for the outcome.
Old 02-26-2012, 07:48 AM   #13
anormis is one of the sharper tools in the shedanormis is one of the sharper tools in the shedanormis is one of the sharper tools in the shedanormis is one of the sharper tools in the shedanormis is one of the sharper tools in the shedanormis is one of the sharper tools in the shedanormis is one of the sharper tools in the shedanormis is one of the sharper tools in the shedanormis is one of the sharper tools in the shedanormis is one of the sharper tools in the shedanormis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

anormis's Tacoma Gallery
i have always thought of replacing my spare with a big oil can filled with something with a quick release hatch and switch in the cab for an easy escape. I design that kind of crap all the time for random projects i do. Its inexpensive and easy to pull off. But that is a pipe dream for later in life when the zombies start killing people.
Old 02-26-2012, 07:50 AM   #14
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Why didn't you just do the "oil slick" mod?
Old 02-26-2012, 07:52 AM   #15
Pavement Princess
Warputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet - 1st Inf. Div.
Name: Chris
Warputer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post

And I guess that 1 time is when it's a super hot female with an extra nice disposition towards you?
Old 02-26-2012, 07:52 AM   #16
I intend to live forever. So far, so good.
TennesseeFan76 is just really niceTennesseeFan76 is just really niceTennesseeFan76 is just really niceTennesseeFan76 is just really niceTennesseeFan76 is just really nice

Firefighter:
Name: Phill Goodfactor
TennesseeFan76's Tacoma Gallery
Hope that my firefighter tag and I.D. get me out of a ticket! It usually does. Professional courtesy goes along way. I'm lucky cause I do tend to drive fast.
Old 02-26-2012, 07:57 AM   #17
Duaneyo1 is a jewel in the roughDuaneyo1 is a jewel in the roughDuaneyo1 is a jewel in the rough
Name: Duane
Duaneyo1's Tacoma Gallery
By all mans be nice and polite, but there's plenty of good and lawful reasons not to consent to a search: You have some where to go. He's a cop not a maid and you don't feel like cleaning up after him. Besides, if they actually see or smell something they can and will search anyways. They won't even bother asking your permission first. If you happen to be a drug trafficer, mobster or a terrorist your criminal defense will go much easier if you did not consent to the search. ...

So Repeat these words after me:

"How can I Help?"

"I am sorry Officer, but I do not consent to searches."

"Officer, Am I being detained or am I free to go?"

"Thank you for the ticket Sir. I will get that light ( that isn't even broken) fixed on the way home. Have a good evening."
Old 02-26-2012, 07:57 AM   #18
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by anormis View Post
I have been pulled over one time for speeding it was about 2 am and no one was on the hwy but me. Cop pulled up behind me with no headlights on and then he turned his spotlight on in my rear view which made me slow down. Once I slowed down his reds and blues turned on. I pulled over and did all that you said. i addressed him as sir and was vary polite and when asked why I was speeding I told him I had the house keys and my g/f was siting in her car waiting to go in side because we only had one set of keys. The guy insisted that i had drugs in my truck and demanded a search. I told him the truck was clean but i would love to get out in the rain w/o a coat while he had a look for himself. So i got out of the truck as directed and he searched me, my shoes, my belt ect. then he searched my truck. Surprise surprise not a damn thing on me. I know i could have said no to the search b/c he had no reason to do so but i really just wanted to get home. After the 40 minute stop the asshole still wrote me a $100 speeding ticket. He then followed me all the way home with his brights on. If i ever see this dude off duty we will share some words about how to not be a dick-head. I will also thank him b/c hat ticket has raised my insurance. WTF COP! Were you just board or were you fresh out of the academy and needed to prove your self! Rant over.
I hate how they sit on 70 where it goes from 70mph to 65mph gunning speeders while STL has one of the highest murder rates in the country. Not that Wentzville is STL but come on...
Old 02-26-2012, 07:59 AM   #19
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
well i have only been stopped one times in 4 years! my first 4 years of driving at that.

i had only had my license like 2 or 3 months, it was like 9:15 to 9:30 at night. (permit we can drive till 10pm and first year of license you can drive till 11pm) i went to windys and was on my way home. wendys is not far from the red light that i had to turn left at and i was on the right had to cross 3 lans. i turned saw the cop thought nothing till he pulled out be hind me. lights came on right away! i did like you do turned car off hands on wheel. i thought ok no big deal. well some how when i left windy’s and put my turn signal on, i flipped it to hard or just right and turned my head lights off. parking lights wear on. he asked why i did not have them on. i told him i just left windys (still had my frosty in my lap) and i must have bumped them just right when i put my turn signal on. he ran me, came back and told me make sure you don’t bump them off agin.
also ask if it was my first time being pulled over. i said yes sir. told me i was really calm.

pretty good recored for being 20 if you ask me.
Old 02-26-2012, 08:01 AM   #20

anormis's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polymerhead View Post
I hate how they sit on 70 where it goes from 70mph to 65mph gunning speeders while STL has one of the highest murder rates in the country. Not that Wentzville is STL but come on...
Yup he got me on 270 right before hyw 30. but i know where you mean i would drive past the airport every day and watch a line of cops picking people off in that double fine zone.