Curt aka Pinal1223

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Law Enforcement Officers

Notices

Friend got a DUI last night...

Old 03-06-2012, 12:50 AM   #1
aka Frank Gallagher...
Jay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Jay
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
DUI last night...

Old 03-06-2012, 12:56 AM   #2
yamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Royce
yamaha73's Tacoma Gallery
Im pursuing law enforcement as a career also and my dad is an officer, basically if u have anything above a ticket on your record your out, to be honest a dui will most likely make him uneligible
Old 03-06-2012, 12:58 AM   #3
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
first off, he'll be pissed at himself for awhile, best deal is to get his mind off of it in the mean time while its still fresh, except he's also gotta educate himself on the legal shit he's about to face. (Complete contradictions I know)
Old 03-06-2012, 01:01 AM   #4
yamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay238 View Post
I figured. I have never had a ticket or anything in my life and have made it past backgrounds etc. guess he really is out. What a shame.
Yea I got a ticket wen I was sixteen took classes to get off my record but the department can still see it, that's why whenever I have just a beer I make sure someone drives me, don't wanna take the risk
Old 03-06-2012, 01:02 AM   #5
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Tell him just to pay his fines and get over it . And don't get another one .
Old 03-06-2012, 01:03 AM   #6
aka Frank Gallagher...
Jay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
Will he always have to disclose this? Specifically for law enforcement type jobs?
Old 03-06-2012, 01:09 AM   #7
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Also if he would still want to get into law enforcement he should hire a good lawyer .
Old 03-06-2012, 01:10 AM   #8

Quote:
Will he always have to disclose this? Specifically for law enforcement type jobs?
For regular job most likely not for a law enforcement deffinatly
he wont even have to say anything but they will see it
if he still does go for law enforcement I would recommend telling them right off the bat so it doesn't look like he's trying to hide anything
Old 03-06-2012, 01:12 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
Also if he would still want to get into law enforcement he should hire a good lawyer .
Agree 100%
Old 03-06-2012, 01:13 AM   #10
aka Frank Gallagher...

Law Enforcement:
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamaha73 View Post
For regular job most likely not for a law enforcement deffinatly
he wont even have to say anything but they will see it
if he still does go for law enforcement I would recommend telling them right off the bat so it doesn't look like he's trying to hide anything
That's what I said. I remember way back before I took my written test we had to fill out a 15 point a 15 point checklist and if u answered yes to any of them I think he weren't permitted to take the exam. I believe DUI was one of them now that I think about it. Hopefully he learned from his mistake.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:13 AM   #11
AzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Govenor's Twenty, Mobilization Trainer, Squad Designated Marksman, Flight Operations
Name: Andy
AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yes, other jobs usually as well.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:17 AM   #12
stewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

stewartx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yes. If he doesn't disclose, they will certainly perceive that as an attempt to deceive. And they will ultimately find out since a background check (including police records) is required for a great many jobs today, including law enforcement, the government, the military, and so on.

-
Old 03-06-2012, 01:17 AM   #13
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
.20 is high . He should be thankfull that he didn't crash , hurt somebody or their property . Even for the .20 he should get a lawyer .
Old 03-06-2012, 01:23 AM   #14
COMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shed

COMAtose HI's Tacoma Gallery
Is this his first DUI? If so, he may be able to get it dropped. I don't know what the laws in California are, but a few friends of mine were able to take the AA classes and get their DUIs dropped. I think they still had to pay the fines and had their licenses suspended for a year.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:25 AM   #15
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Tell him to read his county's laws on DUI . .20 can be a different ball game even on the first . Nearly 3x the limit .
Old 03-06-2012, 01:28 AM   #16
1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Medic
1980's Tacoma Gallery
Here are the requirements for employment at the Fresno, CA Police Department:
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:

Have no felony convictions. Felony arrest(s) with no conviction(s) may be cause for rejection.

Have no recent or extensive misdemeanor record, including traffic citations.

A misdemeanor record of assaultive behavior, regardless of the time of occurrence may be cause for rejection.
I don't know how long "recent" is but I would guess that they would want to wait a few years to see if the behavior was repeated.

If your friend is serious about a career in law enforcement and doesn't want to just sit around waiting for his record to clear he might want to pursue a degree in criminal justice or look into joining the military as an MP.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:28 AM   #17
COMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shed

COMAtose HI's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
Tell him to read his county's laws on DUI . .20 can be a different ball game even on the first . Nearly 3x the limit .
True....he might not get much help because he was that intoxicated. Hope for the best...he's lucky he didn't kill anyone or himself.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:31 AM   #18
elytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: I do what Goose did but not with Maverick...now I'm learning Mavericks skills too!!
Name: Travis
elytravis's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
He keeps making comments on how he wants to jump off a bridge or shoot himself.
If he has said any of the above you need to ask if he has a plan and get him help. Seriously dude, coments about suicide are seriouse and he needs to be asked about them. There are ways and times to worry about his carreer, but his life is a bit more seriouse. I don't feel sorry for him either, but don't want him to kill himself.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:33 AM   #19
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by COMAtose HI View Post
True....he might not get much help because he was that intoxicated. Hope for the best...he's lucky he didn't kill anyone or himself.
Yeah California is pretty tough on DUI . But they have lightnes up a little over the last couple years . If he can afford it he should get a lawyer . Could save him say a breathelizer on his car or jail time .
Old 03-06-2012, 01:40 AM   #20
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
This is what got me and mrs a little worried. Granted we were kind of expecting the down and out attitude but it was the way he had/has said it. He seems real depressed and down and out. That's why he is staying with us now for the moment. He actually sold his car today as well
Sounds pretty serious .keep an eye on him . No car and soon no license . He shouldn't overreact . He's gotta man up .