Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Law Enforcement Officers

Notices

Do internships help?

Old 03-11-2012, 08:07 PM   #1
If ya ain't first, your last!
CNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really nice
Name: Nate
CNEDEER's Tacoma Gallery
Do internships help?

As the title states, I was just curious to see what your thoughts are regarding internships through a department or agency.

I'm near the end of my Bachelor's Degree (1 Semester left) and I have the option to attain an internship with a department. It goes towards my overall credit for my degree and I am certain that it would allow me to gain experience and put my "Class room" education out on the streets, if you will.

Having said that, obviously I believe there is a benefit to such as I may be able to gain contacts and show that I am really passionate about getting into the law enforcement field.

Just looking for comments on the topic. Thanks in advance!
Old 03-11-2012, 08:09 PM   #2
mall crawlin', web wheelin', concrete cowboy
FlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
FlawedXJ's Tacoma Gallery
Yes. In my degree, I was able to get a job after graduation due to my work experience in the field.

I don't know your field, but every little bit helps.
Old 03-11-2012, 08:12 PM   #3
mall crawlin', web wheelin', concrete cowboy
FlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
FlawedXJ's Tacoma Gallery
if you are willing to take time away from school to become more informed in your education, it speaks loads.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:24 AM   #4
if your not the lead dog, the view never changes
k9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Farva
k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
Yes it should. Especially for the Feds. But we hire alot of former cadets and explorer's from our programs. (basically interns)
Old 03-12-2012, 10:53 PM   #5
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
It may or may not help you, but it certainly will not hurt you

Take the opportunity!
Old 03-15-2012, 04:17 PM   #6
Glocking Tall
TS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police Officer
TS1980's Tacoma Gallery
A buddy of mine did his internship with a larger agency's crime scene unit. He got hired on full time as a sworn officer as soon as he was done with college. He met lots of cops that way, and they put in a good word for him when he applied. So the answer is yes.
Old 03-15-2012, 04:27 PM   #7
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
Worked for my wife. She got hired on full time with the company she did the internship with as soon as she finished school. I can't imagine it hurting as others have said.