Curt aka Pinal1223

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Law Enforcement Officers

Notices

What is your duty weapon?

View Poll Results: What is Your Duty Weapon?
Glock 17/19/20/22/23 7 35.00%
MP 9/40/45 3 15.00%
Sig 220/226/229 3 15.00%
Springfield XD/XDM 9/40/45 4 20.00%
HK USP/P30 0 0%
Beretta 2 10.00%
Kimber 0 0%
Other 3 15.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-29-2013, 10:53 PM   #201
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodiakToyTRD View Post
I thought about a Shield but I like rounds upon rounds at my finger tips...

I'll guess it wouldn't hurt to go gun shopping, but there is a down fall...we have to qualify with each weapon we chose to carry off duty. Not that its a huge pain but its easier to carry what we've already qualified with.
i also have to qual with anything I want to carry offduty or back up...no biggie though

as far as concealment goes, you have to sacrifice capacity sometimes to get good concealment...but you can always carry a spare mag or 3
Old 07-29-2013, 10:55 PM   #202
except for God, I answer to no one
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I thought about a Shield but I like rounds upon rounds at my finger tips...

I'll guess it wouldn't hurt to go gun shopping, but there is a down fall...we have to qualify with each weapon we chose to carry off duty. Not that its a huge pain but its easier to carry what we've already qualified with.
good point, everything (in CC) is trade offs though. you can also keep spare mags in your person, in your vehicle, ect..
personally the smallest gun i could carry would be a G19, the m&p compact was to small for my hands, i'm not sure if this is a issue for you.
Old 07-29-2013, 11:01 PM   #203
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I have a P229R DAK, I might get the P224 DAK, or SRT DA/SA...its a compact version of the P229, which I love
Old 07-29-2013, 11:04 PM   #204
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

also not a bad choice but i'm just not a sig guy
Old 07-29-2013, 11:05 PM   #205
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Right when I joined the service, we switched to the Sig P229 DAK .40, best gun I've ever shot.

Grip structure, position and size for my hand style is perfect.

However, I do enjoy shooting my dad's xd.
Old 07-29-2013, 11:06 PM   #206
except for God, I answer to no one
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I have a P229R DAK, I might get the P224 DAK, or SRT DA/SA...its a compact version of the P229, which I love
that thing is tiny, good lucking finding the right gun for your needs.
Old 07-29-2013, 11:08 PM   #207
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

the plus to the p224 is that it can use p229 mags

the downside is it's still double stack which means harder to conceal
Old 07-29-2013, 11:14 PM   #208

Law Enforcement:
Most of the compact versions of such guns are pretty much double stack, such as the xd compact, which my dad can conceal no issues, he carries IWB.

Sean266 carries IWB with a kahr, not a bad weapon, just a few less rounds then I like.

I'll keep looking around.
Old 07-29-2013, 11:16 PM   #209
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

i CAN carry a double stack compact IWB but i have to wear a pretty loose fitting shirt

i prefer IWB with my S&W 442 .38 or my Keltec PF9 IWB
Old 07-29-2013, 11:22 PM   #210

Law Enforcement:
You prefer a semi auto or a wheel gun for concealed Jeff?
Old 07-29-2013, 11:27 PM   #211
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

i carry my revolver almost exclusively

i take my pf9 when i'm on the boat
Old 07-29-2013, 11:34 PM   #212

Law Enforcement:
I just found a pretty sweet Para 1911, not a bad looking gun, doesn't have a cocked and locked trigger mechanism, they call it an LDA trigger.
Old 08-13-2013, 02:11 PM   #213
Easy rider has much to be proud ofEasy rider has much to be proud ofEasy rider has much to be proud ofEasy rider has much to be proud ofEasy rider has much to be proud ofEasy rider has much to be proud ofEasy rider has much to be proud ofEasy rider has much to be proud ofEasy rider has much to be proud ofEasy rider has much to be proud of
Easy rider's Tacoma Gallery
Ive been rocking a glock 17C (amazing gun & its nice having 18 rounds ready to fly).
Old 08-30-2013, 12:35 PM   #214
JDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
JDCPA's Tacoma Gallery
Anybody had a chance to look at the new CZ P-09? I know it is currently only available as a 9mm but they are supposed to be coming out with a .40 model.

Been a Glock fan forever as a duty weapon but a respected friend tried one of the new CZs and liked it a lot. At a retail price of $499 per unit (and significantly cheaper under contract) they might be a very cost effective alternative.
Old 12-08-2013, 10:35 PM   #215
snichols28 is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement:
Name: Steve
snichols28's Tacoma Gallery
G22 gen4 on duty

Sometimes I'll switch it up and go with the Springfield TRP 1911

Springfield XDs off duty in my amazing ColoradoHolster.com gear
Old 12-08-2013, 10:44 PM   #216
meantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andres
meantaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDCPA View Post
Anybody had a chance to look at the new CZ P-09? I know it is currently only available as a 9mm but they are supposed to be coming out with a .40 model.

Been a Glock fan forever as a duty weapon but a respected friend tried one of the new CZs and liked it a lot. At a retail price of $499 per unit (and significantly cheaper under contract) they might be a very cost effective alternative.
Great guns, I love the omega trigger on the cz75 p07 duty.
Old 12-20-2013, 08:52 PM   #217
Taco turned Burrito
DelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Patrol Supervisor
DelRioTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Sig P220 with no rails, department issued, old "Made In West Germany" quality piece. I'll eventually buy my own new P220 with rails and add all the toys, but I have a long list of mods for the Tundra competing for my cash! I carry a Sig P232 .380 off duty, which can also fit in my external body armor carrier as a secondary on duty.
Old 12-21-2013, 09:42 PM   #219
Easy rider has much to be proud ofEasy rider has much to be proud ofEasy rider has much to be proud ofEasy rider has much to be proud ofEasy rider has much to be proud ofEasy rider has much to be proud ofEasy rider has much to be proud ofEasy rider has much to be proud ofEasy rider has much to be proud ofEasy rider has much to be proud of
Easy rider's Tacoma Gallery
here is my current (Glock 17C), I have been debating about the 34 as of late.
Attached Thumbnails
What is your duty weapon?-glock17c.jpg