Curt aka Pinal1223

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Law Enforcement Officers

Notices

What is your duty weapon?

View Poll Results: What is Your Duty Weapon?
Glock 17/19/20/22/23 7 35.00%
MP 9/40/45 3 15.00%
Sig 220/226/229 3 15.00%
Springfield XD/XDM 9/40/45 4 20.00%
HK USP/P30 0 0%
Beretta 2 10.00%
Kimber 0 0%
Other 3 15.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-19-2012, 04:26 PM   #41
ftttu is a jewel in the roughftttu is a jewel in the roughftttu is a jewel in the roughftttu is a jewel in the rough
Law Enforcement:
Name: K
ftttu's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Front sight View Post
Holy crap! Do you get to choose your own weapon or are they dept. issued?
The only thing our agency provides for us is our badge and uniform, we provide the rest. There are different reasons for so many but the first move was because our restriction to S&W weapons was lifted and we were allowed to carry Glocks. I went with the full size 9mm then to the compact. Then when we were allowed to carry .40 cal, I went with the G23. I then drank the H&K koolaid and got the USP, which I just really didn't like after a while because of the nasty trigger. Then the Beretta Cougar came out and I thought the rotating barrel and its compact size was perfect for on and off duty. I later didn't like the idea of carrying my weapon for on and off so I got the full size Beretta 96D. I then got an H&K P2000 for off-duty carry but then carried it on-duty during my bike patrol days. After that, I went back to my Beretta 96D and then decided I have been carrying it too long. So, I went back to Glock which I have always liked. If I last a few more years, I will probably get something else before I retire.
Old 03-19-2012, 05:56 PM   #42
If ya ain't first, your last!
CNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really nice
Name: Nate
CNEDEER's Tacoma Gallery
You mean, you have to purchase your own firearm?
Old 03-20-2012, 12:01 AM   #43
ftttu is a jewel in the roughftttu is a jewel in the roughftttu is a jewel in the roughftttu is a jewel in the rough
Law Enforcement:
ftttu's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNEDEER View Post
We do but a larger agency next to us provides them for their officers. I don't mind purchasing my own since I believe in personal preference in duty weapons.
Old 03-20-2012, 12:07 AM   #44
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
TWRA use to be issued G22 gen 3. in september they got the G31 Gen 4. it’s the .357 sig round. i know the county sheriff’s in the county i live in have G22 i think or 23. i know it’s the .40. and i know the county south has G22 gen 3.
Old 03-20-2012, 12:17 AM   #45
Frostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Frostbyte's Tacoma Gallery
springfield xd-m .40 carrying close to 50 rounds in 3 mags is a good feeling....
Old 03-20-2012, 12:48 PM   #46
if your not the lead dog, the view never changes
k9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thats crazy dude.. They give us handgun, M4, and 870 pump's
Old 03-20-2012, 02:58 PM   #47
Law Enforcement:
ftttu's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
But, I do have a Bushmaster XM15-E2S(M4) assigned to me so my agency isn't all bad, especially having a take home unit assigned to me as well.
Old 03-21-2012, 12:49 PM   #48
Goldstar225 is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement:
Name: Tom
Goldstar225's Tacoma Gallery
We issue the Glock 22/23. Officers can also carry an AR-15 or shotgun either personally owned or department issued.
Old 03-23-2012, 12:19 PM   #49
JDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
JDCPA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That's a lot more common than you realize. Local Sheriff's Office does not provide duty weapon for Academy recruits or employees but has a list of approved manufacturers for semi-auto double-action pistols:

Glock
Sig Sauer
Smith & Wesson (except Sigma)
Beretta
Ruger
H & K

in 9mm, 10mm, .40 or .45ACP.

Sheriff (and the one before him) believes a deputy will take better care of his weapon if it is his rather than one that is issued.
Old 03-23-2012, 06:18 PM   #50
F34R is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement:
F34R's Tacoma Gallery
glock model 22 .40
Old 03-23-2012, 06:28 PM   #51
Conservative
Executive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Executive's Tacoma Gallery
Either a phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range or an M41 pulse rifle.

Regards,
Chris
Old 03-27-2012, 09:43 PM   #52
CNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really nice
CNEDEER's Tacoma Gallery
By no means an expert, but I feel that as some have mentioned, it may be a better choice to have a firearm of your choosing (that is approved, of course). As somebody mentioned, they may be more apt to take care of their firearm due to it actually being theirs. Furthermore, from what I have found trying out different guns at the local gun shop, some guns aren't meant for everyone. For instance, I have a Glock 23 and a Springfield XD 40. The springfield fits my hand much better than the glock does.

Having said that, to those of you who have answered, do agencies more often times than not actually issue you a required firearm, or are you they more lenient as to what you want to carry?
Old 03-27-2012, 09:46 PM   #53
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
I don't have a choice, and I don't know what other agencies do

I do know that i like my Glock, and wouldn't really like carrying many other pistols
Old 03-27-2012, 09:48 PM   #54
CNEDEER's Tacoma Gallery
TigerFan,

The glock 22 is 15 + 1, Correct?
Old 03-27-2012, 09:49 PM   #55
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yep
Old 03-27-2012, 09:54 PM   #56
CNEDEER's Tacoma Gallery
I almost got the 22, but ended up with the 23 as I wanted to be able to use it for CCW and the 22 stuck out a little more than I'd like.

For my next gun, I am leaning towards a Sig 229, have any experience with that? Not necessarily LE wise, but in general.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:02 PM   #57
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

no exp. with any sig other than just handling them at various stores
Old 03-27-2012, 10:09 PM   #58
Ka like a wheel
F75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Christian
F75gunslinger's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/att...1&d=1332911243

Not duty as I'm not a LEO,but these are what I carry,and what I carry them in.

Sig 1911 Classic.

H&K USP 45 Compact

S&W 642

Alessi talon holsters for all 3 and the 642 gets an Uncle Mike's pocket holster as well.
Attached Thumbnails
What is your duty weapon?-carry-collection.jpg  
Old 03-29-2012, 02:09 PM   #59
Jdub1242 is a jewel in the roughJdub1242 is a jewel in the roughJdub1242 is a jewel in the rough
Jdub1242's Tacoma Gallery
I carry what was issued: Glock 21. Backup is a S&W360. Trunk monkey is a Rock River Tactical Operator 2 alongside a Mossberg 590A1.
Old 03-29-2012, 02:12 PM   #60
Jdub1242 is a jewel in the roughJdub1242 is a jewel in the roughJdub1242 is a jewel in the rough
Jdub1242's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ftttu View Post
The only thing our agency provides for us is our badge and uniform, we provide the rest. There are different reasons for so many but the first move was because our restriction to S&W weapons was lifted and we were allowed to carry Glocks. I went with the full size 9mm then to the compact. Then when we were allowed to carry .40 cal, I went with the G23. I then drank the H&K koolaid and got the USP, which I just really didn't like after a while because of the nasty trigger. Then the Beretta Cougar came out and I thought the rotating barrel and its compact size was perfect for on and off duty. I later didn't like the idea of carrying my weapon for on and off so I got the full size Beretta 96D. I then got an H&K P2000 for off-duty carry but then carried it on-duty during my bike patrol days. After that, I went back to my Beretta 96D and then decided I have been carrying it too long. So, I went back to Glock which I have always liked. If I last a few more years, I will probably get something else before I retire.
That sux. I worked for a small dept for my first job and had to buy everything. When I was hired by my current (and last) agency, the only thing I had to buy was a flashlight and boots. Luckily I already had my Danners so that left only the light. But I do know the pain your checking account has felt.