Curt aka Pinal1223

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Law Enforcement Officers

Notices

New LEO! Simpsonville SC

Old 03-28-2012, 12:18 AM   #21
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronman737 View Post
Any particular khakis?
your dept will either issue them or tell you what to get
Old 03-28-2012, 12:30 AM   #22
Dangerous
ronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ron
ronman737's Tacoma Gallery
Nice. Thanks for the info man. Ill probably have some more questions in the future.
Old 03-28-2012, 12:35 AM   #23
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronman737 View Post
Nice. Thanks for the info man. Ill probably have some more questions in the future.
i pm'd my number to you...so just hit me up
Old 03-28-2012, 12:36 AM   #24
TACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TACWUT's Tacoma Gallery
You haven't taken the polygraph?
Old 03-28-2012, 12:38 AM   #25
Dangerous
ronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACWUT View Post
You haven't taken the polygraph?
Thats the next step. Monday 1:30
Old 03-28-2012, 12:40 AM   #26
TACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TACWUT's Tacoma Gallery
Slow down young man! Good luck with that.
Old 03-28-2012, 01:19 AM   #27
TACO LOVER!
!TacoTaco! is a glorious beacon of light!TacoTaco! is a glorious beacon of light!TacoTaco! is a glorious beacon of light!TacoTaco! is a glorious beacon of light!TacoTaco! is a glorious beacon of light

Law Enforcement:
Name: Felix
!TacoTaco!'s Tacoma Gallery
Good luck!
Down here in Florida the academy is 6 months during the day and 11 months at night.
I graduate next month and I did the 11 month one.
Old 03-28-2012, 01:27 AM   #28
if your not the lead dog, the view never changes
k9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: fabio
k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
Ours was 4.5 months long. came out to almost 500 hours or something. FTO for me was almost 6 months. It all depende upon if your field training officer showed up or not. If he was a no show you had to ride with someone else and that day did not count. Usually it is 4 months long.
Old 03-28-2012, 01:13 PM   #29
F34R is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement:
F34R's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
meh...it's not so bad...i went thru july-sept and survived...graduated #1 too

we were still doing formation runs then too
I went through feb to apr. Was pretty nice. What class were you in? 393 here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felixh View Post
Good luck!
Down here in Florida the academy is 6 months during the day and 11 months at night.
I graduate next month and I did the 11 month one.
Your academy sounds like it was a "college" style academy. You go in to school, leave for the evening, etc.

The SCCJA is a boarded academy. The first few weeks you can't leave the campus except friday after the last class, and return sunday evening to start the next week. After the legals week, which was two weeks way back in 2000. We could leave any day of the week as long as we were back ready for formation the next day.
Old 03-28-2012, 01:20 PM   #30
brny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Bill
brny67's Tacoma Gallery
op congrats on the little one and the wedding and dream job,keep us updated
Old 03-28-2012, 01:27 PM   #31
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by F34R View Post
I went through feb to apr. Was pretty nice. What class were you in? 393 here.

Your academy sounds like it was a "college" style academy. You go in to school, leave for the evening, etc.

The SCCJA is a boarded academy. The first few weeks you can't leave the campus except friday after the last class, and return sunday evening to start the next week. After the legals week, which was two weeks way back in 2000. We could leave any day of the week as long as we were back ready for formation the next day.
542 for BLE...i went thru the class 3 legals back in 07 but cannot recall my class number

And it has def changed since you went thru...and me too...

While I was there, you could only leave the property after week 4 and you could only be gone till 9 or 10 pm

Now it's 12 weeks and you can leave the property after i think week 8?
Old 03-28-2012, 01:28 PM   #32
Bam-Ba-Lam
Detective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: SSgt - A.G.E. Mechanic
Name: Jason
Detective_Dan's Tacoma Gallery
congrats and good luck ron
Old 03-28-2012, 05:22 PM   #34
Rellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant future
Law Enforcement: Police Officer (retired NYPD)
Name: Craig
Rellik01's Tacoma Gallery
Wishing you lots of luck x 3.
Retired NYPD. Miss the clowns but not the circus.
Old 03-29-2012, 12:13 AM   #35
Dangerous

Thank you all very much. The pay isn't good but its something that I think I was born to do. I really do appreciate all of the input you all have given. After Monday when I have my poly I will be sure to report back. Its good to have people on here who know what they are talking about. Thank god for my taco!!!! oh and my wife, baby, and new career!
Old 03-29-2012, 12:12 PM   #36
F34R is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement:
F34R's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
542 for BLE...i went thru the class 3 legals back in 07 but cannot recall my class number

And it has def changed since you went thru...and me too...

While I was there, you could only leave the property after week 4 and you could only be gone till 9 or 10 pm

Now it's 12 weeks and you can leave the property after i think week 8?
Yeah, we have a graduate in the class graduating tomorrow... She is sooooo glad to be done lol.

I'd hate to have to go back lol. I'm working on my recert legal/cdv/ele hrs this week lol.
Old 03-29-2012, 01:28 PM   #37
if your not the lead dog, the view never changes
k9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: fabio
k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
Oh yeah dude make sure you get alot of the public record stuff erased from public records IE,property appraisers, phone book listings, DMV, ETC....
Old 03-29-2012, 01:33 PM   #38
Swerve for nothing
saundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
saundern's Tacoma Gallery
awesome info guys! lets me know what to expect when i apply next year
Old 03-29-2012, 04:57 PM   #39

TACWUT's Tacoma Gallery
Why do people want to be spoon fed?
Old 04-04-2012, 12:46 PM   #40
Dangerous

Had my polygraph monday. I guess things went well. Im waiting for the trainging sergeant to email me a personality test then i have a psyc evaluation after that. Pretty strange divulging your innermost secrets to someone you have never met!