Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Law Enforcement Officers

Notices

Colorado State Troopers

Old 04-01-2012, 10:47 AM   #1
bt08231 has a spectacular aura aboutbt08231 has a spectacular aura about

bt08231's Tacoma Gallery
Colorado State Troopers

Any out there? any experience with this agency? any input? very interested....
Old 04-02-2012, 01:31 AM   #3
WizzyTRDTXPRO is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzyTRDTXPRO is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzyTRDTXPRO is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzyTRDTXPRO is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzyTRDTXPRO is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzyTRDTXPRO is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzyTRDTXPRO is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzyTRDTXPRO is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzyTRDTXPRO is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzyTRDTXPRO is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzyTRDTXPRO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: William
WizzyTRDTXPRO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bt08231 View Post
Any out there? any experience with this agency? any input? very interested....
My G/f's ex husband is a Colorado State Trooper. Anything you want me ask her to ask him?
Old 04-02-2012, 06:39 PM   #4
If ya ain't first, your last!
CNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really nice
Name: Nate
CNEDEER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WizzyTRDTXPRO View Post
My G/f's ex husband is a Colorado State Trooper. Anything you want me ask her to ask him?
Maybe you should call him instead
Old 04-02-2012, 06:57 PM   #5
WizzyTRDTXPRO is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzyTRDTXPRO is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzyTRDTXPRO is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzyTRDTXPRO is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzyTRDTXPRO is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzyTRDTXPRO is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzyTRDTXPRO is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzyTRDTXPRO is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzyTRDTXPRO is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzyTRDTXPRO is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzyTRDTXPRO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNEDEER View Post
Maybe you should call him instead
Nawww I don't think that's the best idea
Old 04-02-2012, 07:04 PM   #6
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Nick
Forster46's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Forster46
Quote:
Originally Posted by WizzyTRDTXPRO View Post
Lol avoid colorado
Old 04-03-2012, 02:01 AM   #7
Write your love, Then your anger.
ToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
ToyComa92's Tacoma Gallery
whoa whoa chill with the CO jokes hahaha what do you want to know about CSP? kind of a generic question you got there... umm there are police officers with state wide jurisdiction? they have bigger better guns cruisers and gear? seriously they have a ZR1 cruiser and a new srt8 charger lucky bastards
Old 04-03-2012, 02:34 AM   #8
1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Medic
1980's Tacoma Gallery
I was coming out of Utah once in my '87 pickup that didn't like to go faster than the mid 60s. I got pulled over by a state trooper a few miles into Colorado. He asked for my licence and registration and then spent several minutes in his car, I suppose running my tag. When he handed me back my license he asked how fast I was going and I said that I wasn't sure but I knew for damn sure I wasn't speeding. He said, "you were going 67." I said, "Yes, and what is the speed limit?" He said, "75." I then asked him why I was pulled over and he said to be honest that they just tried to find some excuse to pull over everyone with out-of-state tags.

This isn't exactly an isolated incident either. My brother had the same thing happen to him as did a farmer in my home town and I've heard several others say that you should watch out when driving through Colorado with out-of-state tags.
Old 04-03-2012, 05:12 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1980 View Post
I was coming out of Utah once in my '87 pickup that didn't like to go faster than the mid 60s. I got pulled over by a state trooper a few miles into Colorado. He asked for my licence and registration and then spent several minutes in his car, I suppose running my tag. When he handed me back my license he asked how fast I was going and I said that I wasn't sure but I knew for damn sure I wasn't speeding. He said, "you were going 67." I said, "Yes, and what is the speed limit?" He said, "75." I then asked him why I was pulled over and he said to be honest that they just tried to find some excuse to pull over everyone with out-of-state tags.

This isn't exactly an isolated incident either. My brother had the same thing happen to him as did a farmer in my home town and I've heard several others say that you should watch out when driving through Colorado with out-of-state tags.

I hear these stories but they have never happened to me I have only been pulled over once in the state of Colorado and once was because a burnt out head light. Every Co state patrolman that I have ever met was serious but fair and polite (better than I can say about some other states I've been through).
Old 04-03-2012, 12:15 PM   #10
1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
1980's Tacoma Gallery
Nobody I've known who got pulled over for no reason ever got a ticket. I can see why they do it as Colorado is a major conduit for drugs and illegals; however, it is a violation of the law to do so.

Speaking of State troopers, in my state it's an anniversary for them and they are going "retro" with some of their cars and marking them back like they were in the 50s complete with the big red bubble on top. I'm not altogether sure that this is a good use of state funds but I suppose that they've used my tax money for dumber things.
Old 04-03-2012, 12:15 PM   #11
1980's Tacoma Gallery
Weirdness -- double post.
Old 04-21-2012, 08:39 PM   #12
Christian Pastor. Need prayer,have questions? Ask
JayDawg is on a distinguished road
Name: Jay
JayDawg's Tacoma Gallery
I work as a Corrections Officer for the State of Colorado but know many of our State Troopers. What would you like to know about them? Also, with the out of State tags people, there is a reason why they pull them over more frequently even if they are doing nothing. In Denver, where the 76 or 70 freeways meets the 25 freeway, that is one of the biggest drug traffic areas in the nation. Lots of drugs get passed through our State in that area as those are major freeways that take you across the nation. Please don't take it personal if they pull you over for going to slow or they think you are suspicious. They are honestly just trying to get the drug dealers. And many of those same drug dealers go below the speed limit because they think they will not get pulled over then.

I live in the Sterling area and our State Troopers out here are very cool. I have not had a bad experience with one yet and have been pulled over a few times when I have been out of uniform so they had no clue that I also work for the State. In fact, I just got pulled over a few weeks ago in my Tacoma for speeding. I was doing 73 in a 65 zone coming back from Nebraska. I went to Cabellas to look at some firearms. My truck said I was only doing 68 or 69 and I had my cruise set but apparently the trucks speedometer is slightly off. The Trooper was very cool though and gave me a warning but I have a lot of respect for what they do. I have a little better inside knowledge than most of what they deal with because they send me all of the bad guys they arrest and later get convicted so I am thankful for the job they do.
Old 04-21-2012, 10:49 PM   #13
1980's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmc View Post
well, that's retarded...
Here one of the new-old look cars they just bought:

Old 04-28-2012, 03:14 PM   #14
the town is back that way
GeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud of

Name: Freeda Feltcher
GeoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I got pulled over going skiing earlier this year, was speeding, following the cop too closely, changed lanes with out a signal and did not get a ticket.

The Story so y'all don't think I'm a terrible a-hole driver. I came up on an SUV and a semitruck and merged into the left lane..the SUV pulled over as well and instead of breaking (up hill was coming up) i just coasted and got kinda close (20 feet or so) i stayed there until we were past the semi truck then switched to the center lane....so did the dick in the SUV, so i switched back and gunned it past him....as i pass i looked over and saw the state trooper markings. Thought to myself F here comes an expensive ticket. I passed him and pulled into the center lane, then the right lane then the shoulder as he turned his lights on. I always roll all my windows down so you can see everything in my truck. He came up to my truck and asked if i knew what i did illegal. I listed the things and he asked why i was in such a hurry. I told him that i was just going up to ski and didn't think i was speeding (Speedometer said 67 in a 65, turns out i was doing 74 in a 65). I told him i honestly thought he was a jackwagon tourist driving in the left lane and didn't know he was a trooper because the back of his SUV was covered in road crap. he took all my info, we back and looked at the back of his car, came back and said nice truck, have a great day. Staties are pretty cool here.
Old 06-06-2012, 12:27 PM   #15
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I've applied to the CSP, its exceptionally hard to get in unless you know someone. Their academy is bootcamp, hard as shit. They have Crossfit style workouts almost everyday. Marching, running, drill etc. Same type of shit you'd expect from a military boot camp. Their training is superior, they accept no lateral transfers, they will station you at the need of the patrol.

Anything else? I have a few documents on how to train to get ready for their academy physically.