Curt aka Pinal1223

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Law Enforcement Officers

Notices

Why I decided that being a cop is no longer for me

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2012, 05:59 PM   #1
TacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
TacoTabe's Tacoma Gallery
Why I decided that being a cop is no longer for me

I'm out. This was the straw that broke this camel's back:

http://m.nbcmiami.com/nbcmiami/pm_10...tguid=hWTkVyYV

Old 04-07-2012, 06:03 PM   #2
rabble rabble rabble
dud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Humane Officer
Name: Dan
dud122's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to dud122
which side are you on?

Old 04-07-2012, 06:05 PM   #3
Swerve for nothing
saundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
saundern's Tacoma Gallery
Mind explaining why?

Old 04-07-2012, 06:05 PM   #4
TacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dud122 View Post
which side are you on?
I'm tacoTABE(R)

Another gem:
http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/201...ter-officers/2

Old 04-07-2012, 06:07 PM   #5
Swerve for nothing
saundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
saundern's Tacoma Gallery

Old 04-07-2012, 06:08 PM   #6
jpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jpneely's Tacoma Gallery
yea im confused to?

Old 04-07-2012, 06:10 PM   #7
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
MGMTacoFF's Tacoma Gallery
So you're going to drop a career possibility based on the actions of one department? Sounds like a good choice then...

Also, (based on the facts provided by the department) this seems like a justified use of force. If they can defend that a individual/animal was putting a officer's life or safety in danger, they are allowed to use necessary force to ensure that officer's safety. I may be wrong, but other police officer's may want to comment on it to back me up or dispute.

Old 04-07-2012, 06:11 PM   #8
rabble rabble rabble
dud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dud122's Tacoma Gallery
unfortunately i deal with cops with itchy trigger fingers when confronted with a dog all the time... well i used to anyway

humane law enforcement officers (those that investigate animal cruelty cases) were supposed to investigate any incident where a cop shot a dog in DC.... this happens ALOT. unfortunately it really comes down to whether the cop felt his/her safety was at risk and it's pretty hard to question the judgement of a cop

with that said I can tell you there are TOO many cops who don't know jack shit about dogs and pull their gun before they accurately assess the behavior of the dog (which most can't really do in the first place). it's even worse with warrant squads... shoot first, ask questions later

needless to say MPD stopped having us do investigations into their shootings and they do their own internal investigations... hasn't been an unjustified dog shooting in a long time in DC

Old 04-07-2012, 06:12 PM   #9

Read the article. And the name of the officer- its not just some dept...

Old 04-07-2012, 06:14 PM   #10
jpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jpneely's Tacoma Gallery
welp feel like a tard now... i gotcha now. proceed. yea i feel ya. thats got to hurt.

Old 04-07-2012, 06:15 PM   #11
rabble rabble rabble

dud122's Tacoma Gallery
you're the cop?

Old 04-07-2012, 06:16 PM   #12
TACO LOVER!
!TacoTaco! is a glorious beacon of light!TacoTaco! is a glorious beacon of light!TacoTaco! is a glorious beacon of light!TacoTaco! is a glorious beacon of light!TacoTaco! is a glorious beacon of light

Law Enforcement:
Name: Felix
!TacoTaco!'s Tacoma Gallery
So you were the one that shot the dog?

Old 04-07-2012, 06:17 PM   #13

jpneely's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felixh View Post
So you were the one that shot the dog?
so it seems

Old 04-07-2012, 06:18 PM   #14
Superior Member
707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
707tothe907's Tacoma Gallery
Shit just got interesting.

Kevin, sorry that happened. Are you really planning on quoting because of this? What will your future career plans be?

Old 04-07-2012, 06:19 PM   #15
DrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DrewH's Tacoma Gallery
The article is pretty vague but you shot a dog for barking at you in its own house?

Old 04-07-2012, 06:20 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpneely View Post
welp feel like a tard now... i gotcha now. proceed. yea i feel ya. thats got to hurt.
Shitty situation. Takes away ones drive to go work when you can't do anything without someone starting a protest

Old 04-07-2012, 06:20 PM   #17
Just a guy.
hitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Veteran
Name: Chris
hitmans.army's Tacoma Gallery
So the dog has a history of trying to attack people, and how is the kid traumatized if he didnt see it? Boo freakin hoo. Im sorry, people in the US need to get their panties pulled out of their crack and realize that shit happens. I say if a dog has a habit of trying to attack people and the owner does not control the animal, shoot the owner.
Sorry folks, if a dog is charging me, or someone else and I have a clear line on it I will shoot it.

Old 04-07-2012, 06:22 PM   #18

jpneely's Tacoma Gallery
yea i understand the family being upset but if your safety is in question then, well you gotta act and do somethin... and personally i dont like being bit by animals

Old 04-07-2012, 06:22 PM   #19
DrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DrewH's Tacoma Gallery
I confused... it was attacking someone?

Old 04-07-2012, 06:22 PM   #20
Superior Member
707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
707tothe907's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmans.army View Post
So the dog has a history of trying to attack people, and how is the kid traumatized if he didnt see it? Boo freakin hoo. Im sorry, people in the US need to get their panties pulled out of their crack and realize that shit happens. I say if a dog has a habit of trying to attack people and the owner does not control the animal, shoot the owner.
Sorry folks, if a dog is charging me, or someone else and I have a clear line on it I will shoot it.
According to the article the kid was 18 feet away. Read it next time.

Closed Thread