Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Law Enforcement Officers

Notices

LEO BS Thread

Old 04-11-2013, 07:45 PM   #2221
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian408 View Post
It's sad you even have to think about what to do when you get pulled over.

This dude should apparently have thought harder about it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=23i-BvSZqzU
I thought that patrol car straight hammered him when he was on foot, right before the take down lol!!!
Old 04-11-2013, 07:59 PM   #2222
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 taco View Post
i would love to have a WRX or STI, but the insurance on one would be expensive vs a homebuilt.

i don't really plan on offroading it, eventually i might build a 4x4 with a v6 or v8.
I had a turbo timer on my 08 WRX but it was fully built and it is a good idea to let the turbo cool off if it is an aftermarket turbo and heavily modded, Aftermarket turbo, FMIC, Invidia turbo back, Internatls, bunch of other shit, and a wicked tune. I spent $1600 on a FP turbo, just the turbo, no way was I taking any chances on letting that thing seize up.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:18 PM   #2223
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian408 View Post
This dude should apparently have thought harder about it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=23i-BvSZqzU
that was cool.
question, are the officers in stealthier car detectives?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoyal View Post
I had a turbo timer on my 08 WRX but it was fully built and it is a good idea to let the turbo cool off if it is an aftermarket turbo and heavily modded, Aftermarket turbo, FMIC, Invidia turbo back, Internatls, bunch of other shit, and a wicked tune. I spent $1600 on a FP turbo, just the turbo, no way was I taking any chances on letting that thing seize up.
gonna reply in the american BS thread.
Old 04-11-2013, 10:56 PM   #2224
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodiakToyTRD View Post
I thought that patrol car straight hammered him when he was on foot, right before the take down lol!!!
I couldn't tell. But I did think it was awesome the motor went right past the detectives like they were standing still
Old 04-12-2013, 06:05 AM   #2225
ninernation is on a distinguished road
ninernation's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilTuffGirl View Post
On a police related note... Our city manager is trying to make it so we don't have any "fix it" tickets. Of your registration is expired you pay. Kinda dumb.. Headlight out? Yea you pay.
Hope he doesn't or he'll flip shit when we go from 50 tickets month each to 0! Well... Most of us are 25-50 a month. Some are retired on duty and have 2
Retired in duty, lol. Get out the way, right.
To be fair tho, some of us just don't care about traffic enforcement.

I wrote maybe 10 tickets last year but was involved in over 600 felony arrests. When I was in patrol I chose to use my time sitting on dope house, prowling alleys or getting out and walking neighborhoods getting hammered by car break ins..I don't care how it is done as long as cops adhere to the ABCs then I'm good.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:38 AM   #2226
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
MGMTacoFF's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 taco View Post
question, are the officers in stealthier car detectives?
Those are called "unmarked" units. They draw a little less attention and some departments have regular patrol officers or supervisors roll in those. Because they were in plain clothes, they may have been detectives, or that just may be the way that department does it if you are in a unmarked.

Actual LEO's chime in with more accurate information if you want.

Matt
Old 04-12-2013, 12:11 PM   #2227
LilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud of
Name: Nikki
LilTuffGirl's Tacoma Gallery
So how do you all find classes to go to?
I'd really like to be better at finding drugs. More than simple possession. Some of our guys are amazing at it. I suck horribly.
Our chief has no problem sending us to outside training but we have to find it.
Or any other good training for new officers.
Old 04-12-2013, 12:25 PM   #2228
Lazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Lazylegs's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Lazylegs
Quote:
I'd really like to be better at finding drugs. More than simple possession. Some of our guys are amazing at it. I suck horribly.
There use to be a class run by a bunch of Retired feds a few years ago. I think it was something like the Federal Law enbforcment training compound, or some shit like that. I use to take the accredited mail classes. They verify you then send you the text and all every week, submit test online and bamm your a star.. Become friends with a druggie. lol
Old 04-12-2013, 02:48 PM   #2229
Front sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement: SeaBee
Front sight's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Find a dope house or two to sit on. Know your traffic laws and when you see a car leave, see if you can pull it for an infraction. Learn to read people. Try to find PC to get into the car or get their permission. If you only have a minor infraction, try talking to the people in the car and gather intel. Chasing dope can be fun. Find a partner who wants to do the same.
Old 04-12-2013, 03:01 PM   #2230
LilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud of
I need to know what to look for. Found a truck I was like oh yea this is it! Yea... Off duty cop lol I pull over so many damn off duty or drug unit police it's sad. I suck at this lol
I only write tickets to appease the uppers... Or the driver was an ass or suspended. Others are all fix it tickets. I just pull over cars to find more. All I've found are drunks. Not even one simple possession so far.
Old 04-12-2013, 03:43 PM   #2231
Front sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement: SeaBee
Front sight's Tacoma Gallery
Find out who the players are in your area. See who they run with and what times they move. Figure out which drug is big in your area right now. It changes. Pills have been big in my area for a few years, but in the last six months we're finding more meth. Pills are getting harder to get.

Look for clues. Short straw sections, cotton on floor board, tin foil, track marks on hands/arms, look at their lips-burn marks. Look for blood on sleeves, pawn slips laying about, etc.

Get with one of the guys who like to chase dope. Get to know a few of the correction guys. I get some great info from the jail. I've also interviewed people I have arrested in the past sitting in jail and have gotten great info.
Old 04-12-2013, 04:11 PM   #2232
Well we have a drug unit (3 guys) and they told me last night I was sitting in a great spot because that was the way to go for druggies. Never found anyone worth a dam. Other than a suspended driver.
Old 04-12-2013, 04:17 PM   #2233
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
I need to know what to look for. Found a truck I was like oh yea this is it! Yea... Off duty cop lol I pull over so many damn off duty or drug unit police it's sad. I suck at this lol
I only write tickets to appease the uppers... Or the driver was an ass or suspended. Others are all fix it tickets. I just pull over cars to find more. All I've found are drunks. Not even one simple possession so far.
Never write tickets because the driver is an ass.
Old 04-12-2013, 04:19 PM   #2234
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i just never write tickets...unless the person is going to jail
Old 04-12-2013, 04:53 PM   #2235

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
i just never write tickets...unless the person is going to jail
That's what the traffic unit is for
Old 04-12-2013, 07:50 PM   #2236
Quote:
I write tickets because they break the law.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:47 PM   #2237

Law Enforcement:
Lol! You just said that you write if they were an ass!

Old 04-12-2013, 08:49 PM   #2238
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Lol! You just said that you write if they were an ass!

Pretty sure she meant , if your rude I'll probably give you a ticket instead of a warning.

P.s. Matt, I'll reply when I'm not on my phone.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:55 PM   #2239

Law Enforcement:
She may or may not have...still, being an ass has no bearing on whether I write you a ticket or a warning, decide that before you go up to the car, because on the stand if it goes to court, some of the first questioning is going to go:

Officer, do you always write tickets to people who do such and such?

You: No...

Officer, why did you write my client a ticket?

You: Because he broke the law.

Officer, do you always write tickets to people who break the law?

You: No.

So again Officer, why did you write my client a ticket?

What's your answer? I'd rather not my answer be "He was an ass."
Old 04-12-2013, 08:56 PM   #2240
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
She may or may not have...still, being an ass has no bearing on whether I write you a ticket or a warning, decide that before you go up to the car, because on the stand if it goes to court, some of the first questioning is going to go:

Officer, do you always write tickets to people who do such and such?

You: No...

Officer, why did you write my client a ticket?

You: Because he broke the law.

Officer, do you always write tickets to people who break the law?

You: No.

So again Officer, why did you write my client a ticket?

What's your answer? I'd rather not my answer be "He was an ass."
Quit being an ass

Just foolin. I have the same POV as you on this tho...