Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Law Enforcement Officers

Notices

LEO BS Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 07:48 PM   #2501
MPG? LOL
sean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
sean266's Tacoma Gallery
That won't make up for the living expenses, IMO.
Old 05-02-2013, 07:52 PM   #2502
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodiakToyTRD View Post
I work close to Brighton...but you don't live over there anymore. But you'd just have to come to 119 and 25, that's my area.
I don't mind driving up that way just have to get a good day lined up.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:28 PM   #2503
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean266 View Post
That won't make up for the living expenses, IMO.
No. But salaries and retirement are pretty good. And where you might not have much OT available to you today, you will here. If you like the ocean, it's right there. Wanna ski? Four hours away. No denying there are plenty of opportunities and no denying it costs a lot to live here.

As with anything, there are a lot of factors you need to consider before accepting any job.
Old 05-03-2013, 04:06 AM   #2504
MPG? LOL
sean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

sean266's Tacoma Gallery
I agree...being a CA native I'm just very familiar with their horrible traffic, $4.50g for crap name brand fuel, high price of housing etc..
Old 05-04-2013, 09:21 AM   #2505
ninernation is on a distinguished road
ninernation's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian408 View Post
Anybody wants to lateral to Santa Cruz, CA should know they're offering a $20K signing bonus. Apparently, a number of San Jose officers are applying (I don't blame them).
Need some more details. Out of state laterals have to do the full academy right? Do they have to start at bottom pay? Grew up in the area and wouldn't mind coming back, actually came and looked a couple years back but nothing was moving at that time.
Old 05-04-2013, 11:42 AM   #2506
Ray is a splendid one to beholdRay is a splendid one to beholdRay is a splendid one to beholdRay is a splendid one to beholdRay is a splendid one to beholdRay is a splendid one to behold

Law Enforcement:
Ray's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninernation View Post
Need some more details. Out of state laterals have to do the full academy right? Do they have to start at bottom pay? Grew up in the area and wouldn't mind coming back, actually came and looked a couple years back but nothing was moving at that time.
Here is a link with all the details: http://www.cityofsantacruz.com/index.aspx?page=1538

But, here are some highlights:

1) LATERAL: Requires possession of a current POST basic law enforcement certificate issued by the state of California.

2) HIRING BONUS: New Lateral Police Officer will receive $20,000 - 1/3 upon successful completion of the Field Training Officer (FTO) program, 1/3 upon successful completion of probation, and 1/3 on the second anniversary of the hiring date (one year after the completion of probation). For the purposes of this hiring incentive, new Lateral Police Officers are defined as Police Officers currently employed by a California law enforcement agency who have successfully completed a probationary period of at least twelve (12) months.

Ray
Old 05-04-2013, 12:19 PM   #2507
ninernation is on a distinguished road
ninernation's Tacoma Gallery
Bummer, San Jose has the same in state requirement when I was looking some years ago.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:13 PM   #2508
Teniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to behold

Army: CPT, MI, USAR (Ret)
Teniente's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean266 View Post
I agree...being a CA native I'm just very familiar with their horrible traffic, $4.50g for crap name brand fuel, high price of housing etc..
You might check the Ventura County Sheriff's Office. Wife's cousin just graduated from their academy. He said they were still filling positions.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:16 PM   #2509
MPG? LOL

sean266's Tacoma Gallery
LEO BS Thread

I lived in Ventura County...no plans on moving back to CA...I could never have what I have here over there.
Old 05-07-2013, 03:23 PM   #2510
LilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud of
Name: Nikki
LilTuffGirl's Tacoma Gallery
I'm off work for now. Surgery tomorrow! Kinda freakin out.....
Old 05-07-2013, 03:56 PM   #2511
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilTuffGirl View Post
I'm off work for now. Surgery tomorrow! Kinda freakin out.....
Hope everything is successful and you recover quickly.
Old 05-08-2013, 08:55 PM   #2512
Weapon Mechanic
Maticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Ranger, Firearms Instructor, Firearms Inspector
Maticuno's Tacoma Gallery
A ton of movies, TV shows, music videos, and commercials have been filmed in the area I cover. Even though Star Wars was not on this list, I actually wasn't that surprised when I went by a popular hiking trail parking area and saw this:

They were a group of Star Wars enthusiasts trying out their home made and very well constructed costumes.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:00 PM   #2513
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
That's awesome!
Old 05-08-2013, 09:04 PM   #2514
Mega Member
Anteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
Name: Andrew
Anteupp's Tacoma Gallery
man they give you a POS colorado to patrol our deserts! they should at least hook you up with a silverado or jeep golly!
Old 05-09-2013, 06:01 AM   #2515
Weapon Mechanic
Maticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Ranger, Firearms Instructor, Firearms Inspector
Maticuno's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteupp View Post
man they give you a POS colorado to patrol our deserts!
Don't even get me started.
Old 05-09-2013, 05:03 PM   #2516
LilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud of
Name: Nikki
LilTuffGirl's Tacoma Gallery
That is pretty awesome! They filmed buck wild in my city for a few weeks. But we wouldn't play along and everyone wanted them out... So that's what happened!

Otherwise nothing cool one of the guys I work with said we need someone to do a country music video here. He'd chase Miranda around in a cop car lol
Old 05-10-2013, 10:45 AM   #2517
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Talk to an attorney
Old 05-10-2013, 05:59 PM   #2518
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
^^^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^
Old 05-14-2013, 11:16 PM   #2519
Noob-ish
LT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LT1's Tacoma Gallery
Douchebag

So I just saw that someone on 3/4/13 at approximately 2105 hours used my quote here to give me a negative rep. The user didn't put who he/she was, but left this nice little message:

"Facts are facts, cops are power tripping douchebags that love to trample on citizens rights."

I could probably try and guess who did it, but why waste my time on it right? So I'm a douchebag because of my job. This coming from a TW user that has never met me or knows how I do my job. Oh, and he/she wants to remain anonymous... who's really the douchebag here?

I'm not trying to get a lynch mob going to ban this guy or anything.. just wanted to share with you guys. I guess that's the beauty of TW right? we've got people from all types of beliefs and/or different levels of bigotry/ignorance.
Old 05-15-2013, 04:15 AM   #2520
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT1 View Post
So I just saw that someone on 3/4/13 at approximately 2105 hours used my quote here to give me a negative rep. The user didn't put who he/she was, but left this nice little message:

"Facts are facts, cops are power tripping douchebags that love to trample on citizens rights."

I could probably try and guess who did it, but why waste my time on it right? So I'm a douchebag because of my job. This coming from a TW user that has never met me or knows how I do my job. Oh, and he/she wants to remain anonymous... who's really the douchebag here?

I'm not trying to get a lynch mob going to ban this guy or anything.. just wanted to share with you guys. I guess that's the beauty of TW right? we've got people from all types of beliefs and/or different levels of bigotry/ignorance.

That person has had his posting ability in the LE section revoked since that rep post

Unfortunately, even here, we have the occasional small handful of members who are very much anti-leo

Typically it ends poorly for them, like in the cases of sunflower and ruler, however after being told to knock it off, occasionally some decide to behave